Good tweet from Curtis Patrick re: trading

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Good tweet from Curtis Patrick re: trading

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:38 am

With trade deadlines upcoming and about 90% of DFF owners existing in a state of delusion regarding how to put together trades...
Curtis Patrick posted a great tweet about how to close deals.
I especially like these two (which 90% of owners do not abide by):

Suggest deals that are mutually beneficial (these generally come with owners on the other side of the standings from you) — help winners win, help losers improve future draft capital.

When sending an offer (or counter-offer) you should feel a little nervous about whether you might be overpaying. Without that feeling you are probably lowballing and no amount of counters is likely to lead to an actual deal.

https://twitter.com/CPatrickNFL/status/ ... 1070120964
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Good tweet from Curtis Patrick re: trading

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:18 am

The first advice is great, except it cant be used for the many many bubble teams that are a game out of the playoffs, (are you a competitor or not? Many dont know, and say what you want but you can think a team has no shot at winning a ship but then it gets in playoffs and wins it all) Id say these bubble teams are a good 33 percent of leagues at this point in the season, so this advice is far easier said than done. Second advice i totally agree with and its why ive "overpaid" according to some to get players i want.