Drew lock

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Drew Lock value

Postby Servo » Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 am

mild wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:00 amHow long did it take the Bears to admit defeat on Trubiskey? Rookie contracts get rope.
Year 1 - Wash for Trubisky, Fox as HC, anemic/archaic offense.
Year 2 - We believe that Trubisky takes a step forward, makes the playoffs and should have won a playoff game
Year 3 - Trubisky doesn't show any forward progress and Nagy also looks like an idiot. Trubisky is done, you hope he plays a lot in 2020.

If Lock struggles this year, with all that talent around him...it's not far-fetched for us to believe a coaching staff would think another QB could come in and do more with what they've given him. Especially with KC being in their division, how much time can Denver truly afford to wait to try and compete?

Lock was mainly drafted in the mid-late 2nd in 2QB/SF leagues, considering he and Herbert have a lot of offensive talent...I'd think you could make the argument they're interchangeable with one another aka Mid-1st at highest, late-1st at worst. However, I'd be hard pressed to believe Lock owners are going to sell him for that....unless he's just extra space on your roster and you'd rather have the RB/WR avail.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:55 am

Servo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 am
mild wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:00 amHow long did it take the Bears to admit defeat on Trubiskey? Rookie contracts get rope.
Year 2 - We believe that Trubisky takes a step forward, makes the playoffs and should have won a playoff game
Year 3 - Trubisky doesn't show any forward progress and Nagy also looks like an idiot. Trubisky is done, you hope he plays a lot in 2020.

If Lock struggles this year, with all that talent around him...it's not far-fetched for us to believe a coaching staff would think another QB could come in and do more with what they've given him. Especially with KC being in their division, how much time can Denver truly afford to wait to try and compete?

Lock was mainly drafted in the mid-late 2nd in 2QB/SF leagues, considering he and Herbert have a lot of offensive talent...I'd think you could make the argument they're interchangeable with one another aka Mid-1st at highest, late-1st at worst. However, I'd be hard pressed to believe Lock owners are going to sell him for that....unless he's just extra space on your roster and you'd rather have the RB/WR avail.
Amazing how quickly things can change. How much on top of Lock would somebody have to add, to get Herbert in that format, now?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:55 am

Amazing how quickly things can change. How much on top of Lock would somebody have to add, to get Herbert in that format, now?
The Lock side would need to add a really good young QB to make it even.. probably Herbert...

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:04 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:55 am

The Lock side would need to add a really good young QB to make it even.. probably Herbert...
I agree with this. Lock+Herbert is probably pretty close to Herbert.

Lock looked promising last year, but he's regressed.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Drew lock

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:00 am

Shoulder injury and a snowstorm sure don't help.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 am

You're forgetting - Bears moved up a gave up a ton for Mitch which was totally unnecassry. They needed him to work so he kept getting chances.

Lock was nothing more than a 2nd round roll of the dice that fell in their laps. They don't owe him anything, especially the way he's been playing.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 am

You're forgetting - Bears moved up a gave up a ton for Mitch which was totally unnecassry. They needed him to work so he kept getting chances.

Lock was nothing more than a 2nd round roll of the dice that fell in their laps. They don't owe him anything, especially the way he's been playing.
Yup that part is huge. Mitch went over a full round earlier than lock and the team planned around getting him. Lock was just value, I wouldn't be surprised if they move on if he keeps playing like this after this year or earlier

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:38 am

I don't see how he's any better than Driskel to be honest. Driskel went down to the wire vs the Steelers, without Sutton.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 am

Servo wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 am If Lock struggles this year, with all that talent around him...it's not far-fetched for us to believe a coaching staff would think another QB could come in and do more with what they've given him.
It’s blatantly disingenuous to continue to make this argument/push this narrative now considering his WR1 has missed almost the entire season with a torn ACL, Jeudy being thrust into a role he might not be ready for, Fant missing time, Hamler missing time, Lindsay missing time, Gordon missing 1 game and maybe more with a DUI, and Lock himself missing several games with an injury that impacts his ability to throw the ball.

Sure, back in July this was a fine narrative, but situation does not remain constant. In July everyone was healthy and the offense had the potential to be potent with Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, and Fant catching the ball and Gordon and Lindsay working in tandem on the ground. Instead, due to factors entirely unrelated to Lock’s talent, you now have a WR corp of Jeudy, Tim Patrick, and DaeSean Hamilton. That matters.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:24 am

I don't think it can be denied that Lock has struggled this year (although he flashed vs TEN and NE despite the box score numbers).

The KC game was absolutely atrocious. Constantly just didn't throw to a wide open Noah Fant and instead chose to force it into coverage. That pick 6 was also brutal.

He's still much better than Driskel and Rypien; but time's ticking on his starting job if he doesn't start to read the field better and get the ball to the open man.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:29 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:24 am I don't think it can be denied that Lock has struggled this year (although he flashed vs TEN and NE despite the box score numbers).

The KC game was absolutely atrocious. Constantly just didn't throw to a wide open Noah Fant and instead chose to force it into coverage. That pick 6 was also brutal.

He's still much better than Driskel and Rypien; but time's ticking on his starting job if he doesn't start to read the field better and get the ball to the open man.
Yup the reality is denver is looking like there going to be looking at a top pick in a class with a lot of good qbs. If there in a position to take one of them and lock continues his okay like this I think they will

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:33 am

While Denver is a mess offensively with injuries, Lock hasn't done or shown anything at this level to be given the benefit of the doubt. I know they wen't 4-1 in his 5 starts last season, but it was very reminiscent of the Tim Tebow experience. They won games but it wasn't like the QB was wowing anybody. He had one game over 208 yards passing in that stretch. In today's era that is not good.

I don't think you necessarily throw the towel in on Lock yet, but I'm also not sure you bypass a better option in the draft of free agency if it presents itself. Point being Lock hasn't done anything to win the job as far as I am concerned.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:35 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:33 am While Denver is a mess offensively with injuries, Lock hasn't done or shown anything at this level to be given the benefit of the doubt. I know they wen't 4-1 in his 5 starts last season, but it was very reminiscent of the Tim Tebow experience. They won games but it wasn't like the QB was wowing anybody. He had one game over 208 yards passing in that stretch. In today's era that is not good.

I don't think you necessarily throw the towel in on Lock yet, but I'm also not sure you bypass a better option in the draft of free agency if it presents itself. Point being Lock hasn't done anything to win the job as far as I am concerned.
I don't think this team is bad enough to be in the Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Justin Fields sweepstakes.

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:54 am

If Lock is done, so is Elway. He's already been through an impressive carousel of failed QBs since Peyton. He's all in on Lock as the last chance to find a franchise QB.

My guess is that they don't move on from Lock next offseason. But it may depend on how he plays the rest of the year. He's been bad but he still has time to turn things around.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:04 pm

drobes wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:54 am If Lock is done, so is Elway. He's already been through an impressive carousel of failed QBs since Peyton. He's all in on Lock as the last chance to find a franchise QB.

My guess is that they don't move on from Lock next offseason. But it may depend on how he plays the rest of the year. He's been bad but he still has time to turn things around.
He's lucky he got this year to turn things around. He's missed an absurd amount of times on QBs and his HC hires have not been good. His drafts? Meh.