General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Drew lock

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:47 am

IZigUZag wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:53 pm
Feels like the Lock is about to be opened.

We’ll see what we have inside.
:lol: Good one! :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Sfoster2625
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sfoster2625 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 am

So I didn’t watch much of the game but I did get to see that ugly pick he threw. For those that did watch all of it how’d he look overall?
Qb: Mahomes, Goff, Daniel Jones, drew lock , Stafford
Rb: kerryon, mixon, sanders, henderson, Justin Jackson
Wr: golladay, dj Moore, aj brown, diontae johnson, juju, slayton, Fuller
Te: goedert, irv smith, gesicki
Cb: Marshon lattimore, donte Jackson
S: vonn bell, Tracy walker
De: burns, nick bosa, fowler
Dt: quinnen Williams, Chris Jones
Lb: za’darius Smith, devin bush, Bradley Chubb, Warner

2020 picks 1.1, 1.8, 2.1, 4.1, 5.1

10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is big play based and even with wr scoring

Shankopotamus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 am

Not bad. He's got arm talent, which is better than a lot of the new guys rolled out this season. His deep balls to Sutton were money. Should've had another TD, but Fant has stone hands.
12 Team Super-Flex Dynasty (Major Rebuild/Youth Movement)

QB- Jameis Winston, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Fitztragic, Ryan Finley
RB- Aaron Jones, Nick Chubb, Matt Brieda,Gus Edwards, Bryce Love, Josh Adams, Gio Bernard, Mike Boone
WR- DJ Moore, Stefon Diggs, Calvin Ridley, Curtis Samuel,Marquise Brown, Preston Williams, Corey Davis, Jake Kumerow, Deon Cain
TE-O.J. Howard, Jared Cook, Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Noah Fant, Jace Sternberger
DL-Chris Jones, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB-Alec Ogletree, Zach Cunningham, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Devin White, Devin Bush
DB-John Johnson, Bradley Mcdougald, Xavier Woods, Taylor Rapp, Marquise Blair
K-Robbie Gould

alewilliam789
Captain
Captain

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:22 am

Shankopotamus wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:28 am
Not bad. He's got arm talent, which is better than a lot of the new guys rolled out this season. His deep balls to Sutton were money. Should've had another TD, but Fant has stone hands.
I agree he showed some legit arm talent and was fitting it into some tight windows. Solid pocket presence, showing some escapability, and was making some throws on the move. He clearly has the physical talent to be a starting QB and possibly a top 10 guy. Just needs to stay focused and consistently accurate. The pick was rough, but homestly that was the only throw where you were scratching your head on.

Like stated above he had another TD bobbled out of bounds by Fant because he’s too scared to high point 50/50 balls, another 20+ yard completion completely mistracked by Fant, and Dasean Hamilton blatantly dropped what may have been a TD or at least a 20+ yard completion.

Also had the wherewithal to huck it up to Sutton on the last play of the game as well.
Overall, I thought it was a very impressive performance by Lock and I wasn’t expecting him to look this good yesterday.
12 Owner 1 PPR (4th Season) 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 DEF -- 20 man roster
Record: 7-6
QB - Watson, Prescott, Carr
WR - Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, AJ Brown, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, John Brown, Andy Isabella, Josh Reynolds
RB - Miles Sanders
TE - T.J. Hockenson, I Thomas, J. Oliver

Picks:
2020-
4 1sts, 5 2nds, and a 3rd

12 Owner 1 PPR (3rd Season) 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 DEF -- 20 man roster
Record: 6-7
QB: Rivers, Wentz, Lock
RB: David Johnson, Mixon, Hyde
WR: Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, AJ Green, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Josh Reynolds, Andy Isabella
TE: Kittle, OJ Howard, Chris Herndon

Picks:
2020-
1st and 3rd

12 Owner 1 PPR (1st Season) 1QB 1-3 RB 1-3 WR 1-2 TE
1 K 1D/ST — 20 man rosters
Record: 7-6
QB: Mahomes, Stafford
RB: Chubb, Guice, Penny, Duke Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Landry, Sutton, Marvin Jones, Harry, Crowder, Josh Reynolds
TE: Hooper, Goedert

2020:
2 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd Round Picks

StripesOfKC
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:37 am

They used the kid gloves with him until the last series
He looked more mobile than expected but needs to learn the Drew Brees/MT lesson
Throw only to Sutton and the backs. No one else. Got let down so hard by bums like Fant and Hamilton yesterday

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:54 am

I thought he looked confident, as if the stage was not too big for him. I gather the HC/OC wanted him to get the ball out of his hands quickly and throw to 1st or 2nd read, so no sacks has to be a plus, and I assume as he learns the offense and speed of the game he'll progress to 3rd and 4th options when he has time
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Drew Brees, Drew Lock, Andrew Luck
RB: Saquon Barkley, Phillip Lindsay, Adrian Peterson, Alexander Mattison
WR: TY Hilton, Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Keke Coutee, Preston Williams, Kelvin Harmon
TE: Mark Andrews, Ian Thomas, Darren Fells
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Eagles

Forza_Azzurri
Captain
Captain

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:09 pm

Compared to what he looked like in the preseason, he has progressed a ton.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1) | DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock, E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, M. Gallup, , J. Ross, Da. Moore
|TE| J. Hollister, M. Gesicki, K. Rudolph, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| S. Richardson, Q. Williams, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, N. Gerry, M. Kendricks, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), D. Cole (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| S. Gilmore, M. Peters, D. Trufant, G. Conley, B. Jones, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1.03, 1.12, 3.02 & 6.15
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3

IZigUZag
Role Player
Role Player

Postby IZigUZag » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Sfoster2625 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 am
So I didn’t watch much of the game but I did get to see that ugly pick he threw. For those that did watch all of it how’d he look overall?
Overall, I was very impressed.

He had a couple bad misses to start the game; but after that his accuracy was much better than I expected.

He faced constant pressure and made accurate throw after accurate throw while on the move and throwing off base. He had 2 really bad drops by his receivers, and one long pass where Fant looked to the wrong side or it was an easy completion (to be fair, the play could've been designed to go that way, but the throw was right on the money. Could simply be 2 guys that aren't used to each other yet).

His overall stat line isn't very impressive, but it appears that their OC has a tendency to play conservative after they jumped to a big lead. He had the majority of his stats through 1 quarter-- and the Chargers got back one of the best safeties in the NFL - Derwin James for this game.

The Arm talent was obvious, but what was really interesting to me was the confidence he displayed in his first NFL start. He changed Sutton's route on his 26 yard touchdown, and that pass was thrown into tight coverage vs one of the true shut down corners in the NFL (Casey Heyward).

Here's a link to every one of his throws/runs from the game if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd9E4vx5wUE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks for sharing that link!

Drew Lock is an interesting study - will be interesting to see if the Broncos have 'finally' found their QB of the future.

Forza_Azzurri
Captain
Captain

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

I own Lock ... I’ve got a lot of hope for him ... but my gut says he flames out and never becomes a quality starter. Hope I’m wrong.

16 Team PPR | QB (1) RB (2-4) WR (2-5) TE (1-2) K (1) | DT (1-2) DE (2-4) LB (2-5) CB (3-6) S (2-5)

|QB| R. Wilson, J. Allen, D. Carr, D. Lock, E. Stick (taxi)
|RB| A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, J. Mixon, L. Murray, R. Anderson (IR)
|WR| C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, M. Gallup, , J. Ross, Da. Moore
|TE| J. Hollister, M. Gesicki, K. Rudolph, T. Eifert, I. Thomas, M. LaCosse, R. Gronkowski
|K| B. Maher
|DT| S. Richardson, Q. Williams, T. Bryan, T. Hill (taxi)
|DE| J. Clowney, Y. Ngakoue, J. Pierre-Paul, D. Barnett, T. Charlton, E. Ansah, A. Key (IR), J. Sweat (taxi)
|LB| L. Vander Esch, D. Trevathan, C. Holcomb, N. Gerry, M. Kendricks, S. Dion Hamilton, S. Ebukam, T.J. Edwards, M. Jefferson, V. Joseph (IR), R. Foster (IR), K. Beckwith (IR), D. Cole (IR), S. Eguavoen (taxi)
|CB| S. Gilmore, M. Peters, D. Trufant, G. Conley, B. Jones, G. Haley
|S| M. Fitzpatrick, T. Walker, X. Woods, E. Thomas, E. Murray
|2020 PICKS| #1.03, 1.12, 3.02 & 6.15
|2021 PICKS| #1, #2, #3

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm

He didn't make a ton of rookie mistakes but Denver was playing conservative as well. He basically showed everything on his scouting report. Arm talent is there. Had some inaccurate throws with bad footwork as the major concern coming out of college. Honestly will have to see if he improves as the season goes on but the biggest tell will be how he improves with a full off-season into his 2nd year

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 pm

broncohead wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm
He didn't make a ton of rookie mistakes but Denver was playing conservative as well. He basically showed everything on his scouting report. Arm talent is there. Had some inaccurate throws with bad footwork as the major concern coming out of college. Honestly will have to see if he improves as the season goes on but the biggest tell will be how he improves with a full off-season into his 2nd year
Agreed! :thumbup:

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 am

I drafted him in a 12 team superflex rebuild early in the 3rd. I am hopeful and liked what I saw in his first start. He has a ways to go, but he definitely showed the potential that the Broncos were hoping for when they drafted him. Only time will tell if he can keep improving and I agree with the above, that the second year jump will answer a lot of questions.

I’m hoping for him.

IZigUZag
Role Player
Role Player

Postby IZigUZag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:45 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 pm
broncohead wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm
Agreed! :thumbup:
x3

Besides Locks improvement as a passer every year in college another reason to be hopeful for improvement; his teammates are already talking up his work ethic.

Heres an interesting story from Dalton Risner

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaseDenver/s ... 5914051585

NWABCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NWABCS » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 pm

22 for 27
309 yards
3 TDs

Should we start selling tickets for the Drew Lock hype train yet?
12 team. 1/2 PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF
QB: Mahomes, Mayfield, Brissett, D. Hodges
RB: Zeke, Chubb, D. Henry, C. Carson, C. Hyde, M. Sanders (R)
WR/TE: Evans, Cooper, K. Allen, J. Jones, Shepard, Antonio Brown, D. Parker, P. Campbell (R),
K: Lutz
DEF: Bears
IR: Devin Funchess, Ito Smith
2020 Picks: 1.4, 1.12, 2.5, 4.7

12 team. 1/2 ppr. 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF
QB: Newton, Wilson, Darnold, Haskins (R)
RB: L. Bell, Chubb, D. Cook, M. Brown, Gore, B. Love (R)
WR/TE: K. Allen, Cooper, Evans, B. Cooks, G. Kittle, R. Anderson, AJ Brown (R), JJ Arecga-Whiteside (R), K. Harmon (R), Jalen Hurd (R), Marquise Brown (R), H. Renfrow (R)
2020 Picks: 1.10, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 4.6