General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: AJ Brown Official Discussion Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:10 pm
Shcritters wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 pm I’ll admit I missed some of the earlier ones - so thanks to the mod for pulling them all together... but isn’t it nice to have a thread about a specific player all in one place? But I digress...

If the 2019 rookie draft was re-done today AJB would likely be in the 1.01-1.03 conversation. What does the community think - is this the start of something big, or something unsustainable and he’ll lose value between now and the end of next year? His YPC has been absurd and can’t be maintained... do we think he’ll make up for it in volume next year (the Lockett argument), or do we think his skill set and size/speed makes him the next JuJu or Hopkins and we shouldn’t worry about YPC?

I’ve got a TEN homer in one of my leagues and wondering if now is the time to try to sell super high.
He was always there for me, I just was able to get him later. Brown was my top WR in this class, and 1.01 until Jacobs went in round 1. AJB is a damn good football player. I think if you trade him, you better get a ton for him, he could easily be worth twice what people would pay now if he has a big year next year.
I saw some respected twitter pundits throwing comments out like ‘AJB or DJ Moore in the 2nd round of a startup next year? Not out of the question’. Is that where we are at - roughly at around WR15?
Well, DJ Moore absolutely. He's 22 and had almost 90 catches and 1200 yards in basically 14 games, after a very solid rookie year. I could see it with both. AJB was a top end prospect for me. He broke out very early at Ole Miss, is a top end SparQ athlete, and had a great rookie year, so it's not too far fetched. It's going to happen some places.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:59 am

Shcritters wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 pm If the 2019 rookie draft was re-done today AJB would likely be in the 1.01-1.03 conversation. What does the community think - is this the start of something big, or something unsustainable and he’ll lose value between now and the end of next year? His YPC has been absurd and can’t be maintained... do we think he’ll make up for it in volume next year (the Lockett argument), or do we think his skill set and size/speed makes him the next JuJu or Hopkins and we shouldn’t worry about YPC?
It is absolutely the start of something big. Anyone still doubting that isn't watching closely enough. "The next Juju" was a phrase being used when it came time to draft. I may have even used it myself...

His potential is absolutely sky-high, and Tanny clearly loves him. It's frankly absurd how quickly AJB has overtaken Corey Davis, and rendered him an afterthought - this is the receiver the Titans have been looking for. He's taking all the #1 snaps and routes, and is the go-to when it's time to throw. His catch in double coverage today was BEASTLY.

Anyone discounting what he's doing with YAC is probably not actually watching the games. You may think "YAC isn't sustainable" due to statistical regression, and sure, the maths says that is typically so - but if I was betting on any of the Rookies this year going into next, this would be the guy. Once the ball is in his hands, he is an absolute nightmare to bring down.

Another year of offseason development for this guy is a tantalising thought.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:51 am

We don’t even need the YAC to be that sustainable. AJ brown 1100 yards 9 tds, starting JUST 10 games. Snap count on the first half of the season averaged to just over 50 percent. The best WRs get 90+ for the whole season, and you can bet the last 5 weeks Browns percentages have increased a ton leading to tons of success. Right from the jump next season they should be trying to incorporate him as much as possible + a first year of Tannehill means there’s a great shot Brown exceeds his rookie numbers.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:00 am

I remember this time last year he was a consistent name in the top rookie WR conversation along with Hollywood, DK and Harry. He was the consistent name in most peoples top WR, as some had major doubts about DK and Hollywood. I think a lot of people had Nkeal consistently in the top as well... Then, the Titans draft him and he started free falling on draft boards. (similar to Hollywood).

In hindsight, that's just bad process. I had Harry at #1 because of the situation concern as well, but wow Baltimore and Tennessee weren't as bad of landing spots as everyone thought.

Blah blah Corey Davis blah blah... He will be a great WR2 to AJB. NFL WR2 that is. Maybe a WR5 in fantasy lol I believed in his talents but have admitted that mistake for a while now. He's the 4th or so option after AJB, Henry and the TE

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 am

Im really happy that i got him in 2nd round of last year draft. He probably went far because of landing spot.
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:34 am

Dynos wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 am Im really happy that i got him in 2nd round of last year draft. He probably went far because of landing spot.
I loved AJ Brown predraft, but hated seeing him land in Tennessee. Tannehill proved that to be an irrational point.

I never would have let him slip in the second round - that's crazy value even if you didn't like the landing spot. The latest he went in my leagues is 1.06.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:10 am

I landed him at 1.06 in 2019 rookie draft. I'm not trading for any draft picks, even 1.01 in 2020. This guy is 100% the real deal. Why trade a proven young WR that just put up 1k yards his rookie year? I think we are looking at a perennial top 5 WR. STUD.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:34 am
Dynos wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 am Im really happy that i got him in 2nd round of last year draft. He probably went far because of landing spot.
I loved AJ Brown predraft, but hated seeing him land in Tennessee. Tannehill proved that to be an irrational point.

I never would have let him slip in the second round - that's crazy value even if you didn't like the landing spot. The latest he went in my leagues is 1.06.
He fell to me at 3.01 in one of my rookie drafts. I traded MVS to the guy for his pick when I saw he was still on the board. Dude is legit.
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:19 am

fantasyhermit wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:52 am

He fell to me at 3.01 in one of my rookie drafts. I traded MVS to the guy for his pick when I saw he was still on the board. Dude is legit.
That is beyond ridiculous.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:19 am

I agree. I got lucky most of my league slept on this draft class. I ended up with:

1.09 - Metcalf
2.01 - Hock
2.06: Deebo
3.01: AJB
4.01: Justice Hill
5.12: Irv Smith
FA: Scary Terry, Preston Williams
Team 1:
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB

Team 2:
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:41 pm

I got Deebo at 1.12 and people said I was insanely lucky. A.J. Brown fell to 1.05 I believe. Next year I think CeeDee Lamb will go 1.01-1.04.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:55 pm

What time of year was your draft? I wonder if that had an effect on his fall in ADP at the time.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:55 pm

What time of year was your draft? I wonder if that had an effect on his fall in ADP at the time.
This specific pick was made June 11th.
Team 1:
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T

Team 2:

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:24 pm

fantasyhermit wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:52 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:19 am

I agree. I got lucky most of my league slept on this draft class. I ended up with:

1.09 - Metcalf
2.01 - Hock
3.01: AJB
4.01: Justice Hill
5.12: Irv Smith
FA: Scary Terry, Preston Williams
I’d love to know the first two rounds of that draft.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:36 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:24 pm I’d love to know the first two rounds of that draft.
There's some pretty brutal picks in that range.

2PPR scoring, Q-RB-RB-W-W-W-T-F-K-3X DB-3X DL-3X LB (idp scoring pretty good.)

1.01: Jacobs
1.02:Murray
1.03: Harry
1.04: Jalen Ramsey
1.05: DMont
1.06: Miles
1.07: Josh Allen (qb)
1.08: Parris
1.09: Metcalf
1.10: Mecole
1.11: Darrel Henderson
1.12: Nyheim Hines
2.01: Hock
2.02: Kai Fairbairn...
2.03: Fant
2.04: Jurrel Casey
2.05: MBrown
2.07: Isabella
2.08: Butler
2.09: NBosa
2.10: Devin White
2.11: Johnathon Abram
2.12: Alex Mattison
Team 1:
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T

Team 2: