Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 8 Discussion

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Yeah, I mean it really depends what they got. A sarcastic remark insinuating anyone who sold Diggs made a bad decision is a bit of an over generalization.
Consider that some were urging to sell high after the Philadelphia game. Unless it was the off chance of packaging him for a different elite talent in a better situation then you likely sold on a player who's been a high-end WR1 and 2nd in receiving yards the past 5 weeks for less value.
If you add the word "low" in there, I agree. If you sold low, bad move. If you sold for the value most considered Diggs pre season, it remains to be seen who wins the deal. Diggs is still enigmatic. He is streaky AF, and has fumbled 4 times, and had a bunch of bad drops, too. He's a 2nd tier talent, and near the top of that tier, but he's not without his faults.
Of course he's not without faults. That goes without saying. However, he was WR3 in the last four weeks before entering this game. He is a big-time talent and arguably the best route runner and separator in the league. If anything, his streakiness typically comes from the Vikings simply not utilizing him enough. I don't think he's enigmatic at all. Maybe if you draft him to be your best WR in dynasty, sure, but nobody is doing that. As a talent he's ridiculously good.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:05 am

I was happy with Petersons performance last night - especially in PPC leagues. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am

MIN did not look great last night. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they could've lost had Keenum played the entire game. MIN's offense was struggling without Thielen, and their defense was giving up a lot of 1st downs before Haskins gifted them turnovers and incompletions.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:36 am

Yeah a promising first half for McLaurin was shot dead when Haskins came in.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:40 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am MIN did not look great last night. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they could've lost had Keenum played the entire game. MIN's offense was struggling without Thielen, and their defense was giving up a lot of 1st downs before Haskins gifted them turnovers and incompletions.
The offense wasn't finishing drives but it's a stretch to say they were struggling. They were pretty much running any play they wanted.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:45 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:40 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am MIN did not look great last night. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they could've lost had Keenum played the entire game. MIN's offense was struggling without Thielen, and their defense was giving up a lot of 1st downs before Haskins gifted them turnovers and incompletions.
The offense wasn't finishing drives but it's a stretch to say they were struggling. They were pretty much running any play they wanted.
The key is that when the defense isn't doing well, they still don't allow a lot of points. Vikings D has been excellent in the red zone.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:15 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Consider that some were urging to sell high after the Philadelphia game. Unless it was the off chance of packaging him for a different elite talent in a better situation then you likely sold on a player who's been a high-end WR1 and 2nd in receiving yards the past 5 weeks for less value.
If you add the word "low" in there, I agree. If you sold low, bad move. If you sold for the value most considered Diggs pre season, it remains to be seen who wins the deal. Diggs is still enigmatic. He is streaky AF, and has fumbled 4 times, and had a bunch of bad drops, too. He's a 2nd tier talent, and near the top of that tier, but he's not without his faults.
Of course he's not without faults. That goes without saying. However, he was WR3 in the last four weeks before entering this game. He is a big-time talent and arguably the best route runner and separator in the league. If anything, his streakiness typically comes from the Vikings simply not utilizing him enough. I don't think he's enigmatic at all. Maybe if you draft him to be your best WR in dynasty, sure, but nobody is doing that. As a talent he's ridiculously good.
I never really understood why the Vikings seem intent on marginalizing Diggs sometimes.
Get him the ball he's a playmaker, how complicated can it really be.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:32 pm

notweswelker wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:22 pm I never really understood why the Vikings seem intent on marginalizing Diggs sometimes.
They don't marginalize Diggs. For a few games it was all a matter of game flow. They were up big, the running game wasn't being stopped, so they kept running to drain the clock and punish the defense.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:50 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:32 pm
notweswelker wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:22 pm I never really understood why the Vikings seem intent on marginalizing Diggs sometimes.
They don't marginalize Diggs. For a few games it was all a matter of game flow. They were up big, the running game wasn't being stopped, so they kept running to drain the clock and punish the defense.
The running game and the system is helping Diggs. The system last year turned him into a possession receiver, at just over 10 yards per catch. In this system, he's over 19 yards per catch. They aren't marginalizing him, I agree.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:45 am

I am glad that this weeks London game starts at 1pm ET. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 am

If anyone sees this before the game starts take note: Eagles @ Buffalo is going to be a wind/rainstorm. Saw some videos on Twitter. Yikes.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 am If anyone sees this before the game starts take note: Eagles @ Buffalo is going to be a wind/rainstorm. Saw some videos on Twitter. Yikes.
Wow good lookin out. I had Jeffery in over Keenan Allen since Allen is supposedly limited. Now I gotta reconsider...
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:07 am

Jeezus - Lenny's 1st carry - 66 yards. Gonna be a long day for the J - E - T - S if they don't slow 'im down.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am

Another concussion for Cooks, owners should really be worrying about an early retirement for him honestly. It seems like injuries like these are becoming more frequent for him. I’m certainky worried about the guy
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:29 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am Another concussion for Cooks, owners should really be worrying about an early retirement for him honestly. It seems like injuries like these are becoming more frequent for him. I’m certainky worried about the guy
Nooo