How to rebuild

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How to rebuild

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:03 pm

At that point in the season where you see how your season is shaping up. Mine isn't going well as you can see in my Sig, literally no one is playing to their name value other than DJ and Arob.

Plan is to dump everything I can except obj and Evans (maybe arob if he keeps playing well and I can't get a fair price for him) for talented players that have been injured/under performing, and as many high picks as I can.

I was hoping this thread could be an archive of my rebuild moves and can be a conglomeration of rebuilding tactics.

Any help is appreciated
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: How to rebuild

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 pm

The ONLY pieces I would look to move are DJ and Henry. Waller as well, assuming you're getting a great price (OJH plus, or Herndon plus late 1st, etc?)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 am

Sell DJ and Henry to competitors. If you get good value for A Rob I'd sell him. Just about everything else I'd keep unless offered an overpay.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:24 am

everything you said is exactly how NOT to rebuild. you do not panic and sell off your core, you move guys that have some short term sex appeal but long term you dont see them as a major piece.

dj, campbell, waller those are guys to sell off in my opinion (campbell sees this list because people still are buying him and id rather have some 2020 draft stock personally)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:56 am

Unless you are literally 0-6, I wouldn't sell anybody. You have a team that could possibly still run the table the rest of the season so blowing it up is a bad move. The only player I would sell once out of playoff contention is DJ. The rest of your team is pretty much made up of the type of players you are hoping to acquire in a rebuild.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:46 am

Sell everybody who could possibly cause you to win a game.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:48 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:46 am Sell everybody who could possibly cause you to win a game.
That's the way I rebuild, I tear the whole thing down to build it back up. Not everyone enjoys/agrees this strategy, but I enjoy it and ultimately find that I build my best teams this way.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Gave DJ, Chase Edmonds, my 2021 second
Received Early 2020 first, mid-late 2020 first, late 2021 first, mid 2020 third

Super happy with this haul. Get to keep my 2020 second, got to off load DJ for 2 firsts in a loaded draft and a 2021 first. Chase would have been nothing for me on my bench :/

Next players Im working on selling, Royce Freeman and Derrick Henry. Might require an injury to a contending team to get the best haul for either.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 pm

I have now moved in addition to the above:

Henry and my 2020 second for DJ Moore and a mid-late 2020 first

And

Arob for a late 2020 and 2021 first

Net for the season:

Gave: Carson, Tyrell, Marvin Jones, my 2021 first (all before this was for henry), my 2020 second, arob, and David Johnson

Got: 4 2020 firsts (1 in the lottery, 3 from playoff teams), 2 2021 firsts (both late), DJ Moore
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:09 pm

So far so good I think.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:46 am Sell everybody who could possibly cause you to win a game.
So sell Godwin? I don't agree with this. Look at your team, the league format, other teams, and make a realistic assessment of how long it will take you to compete in that league/format/ vs your competition. If you need to take a shot at 2021 for being competitive, that's different to a 3 year overhaul. You need players that are peaking in production with others coming up. Don't make lateral moves. Don't sell Mark Andrews for a couple of 2nds in a TE premium league. Don't sell Ekeler for a late 2nd. Simply stockpiling picks isn't the answer. You still need to turn those picks into players that can produce.

You definitely need to sell older players that are making you win, that won't be relevant when your goal is hopefully hit, but you don't sell players who are productive and at age 24-25 area simply because they might win you a game. You might end up with Michael Thomas instead of Treadwell because you lost a spot or two in the rookie draft. We all hit and miss with our first rounders. I've never seen a team be built simply with draft picks. The idea of having all these 22 year olds all hitting and having a dynasty for 7 years does not work.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Im not a huge fan of the trades. Often times a solid team has a bad year and the missing piece is added the next year via the draft. Value wise, ok. But now you just have more holes to fill until your competitive.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:34 pm

The fact you have 3 quality WR's and need RB's badly tells me, don't panic. You have 5 2020 firsts. Taylor and Swift can get you back in it. If people get the "fever" and want to trade you a productive RB in the off season for a first, great. I would not blow this team up. You can get right back in the game next year with those picks, whether trading them, or drafting right.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:46 am

I am inerested to hear what you got for Carson? Seems like these trades happened fast.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:44 am

Carson, Tyrell, Marvin Jones, and my 2021 first were for henry, back in week 3 when I was in contention (went on a 3 game skid, not putting up enough points, making playoffs even was iffy)

Recently (after week 6) I flipped Henry and my 2020 second for DJ Moore and a mid to late 2020 first

I don't think I'll be moving obj or Evans unless I get an offer I just can't say no to. But based on their play so far I doubt a contender will be paying a premium for them, most likely will ask for a discount if it were today.

So plan is keep my solid WR core (obj, Evans, DJ Moore) so I don't have to rely on rookie WRs, but I likely will have rely on rookie RBs but hopefully this class lives up to the hype.

Sell Freeman to a contender in need, have a guy that wants another RB, an injury to a contending team or Lindsay will be a great selling catalyst. Or if Freeman starts balling out I can keep him for next year.

So not too many more moves planned, just look for good opportunities to win some trades, play the WW a tonne now that I have the roster space and look for diamonds in the rough, and draft well.

Feeling pretty good about it, honestly just need a QB and I think I can be competitive again next year or 2021 if the stars line up
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06