Page 2 of 5

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 am
by dmac37
Once they realized he was producing back to the bench to protect their tanking moving forward.

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
by jdacunha
More Drake trade rumors today. Where would he end up that would be better long term than Miami? Not many spots.

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:16 pm
by pvillebiker
jdacunha wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
More Drake trade rumors today. Where would he end up that would be better long term than Miami? Not many spots.
...except maybe all of them?

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm
by BlackOmega
kmbryant09 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am
Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.
The last thing Miami wants right now is a competent RB, If Walton looks too good he'll be sent to the bench so they can follow the "worst man up" philosophy as they strive for the first overall pick

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 pm
by metalmat
BlackOmega wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm
kmbryant09 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am
Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.
The last thing Miami wants right now is a competent RB, If Walton looks too good he'll be sent to the bench so they can follow the "worst man up" philosophy as they strive for the first overall pick
Then shouldn't they just be giving the starting job to Ballage?

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 am
by Prison_Mike
jdacunha wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
More Drake trade rumors today. Where would he end up that would be better long term than Miami? Not many spots.
Agreed.
Is there even an ideal fit out there that would significantly increase his fantasy production?

The Titans are reportedly interested - I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I hate it

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:38 pm
by notweswelker
Cameron Giles wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm
notweswelker wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:20 pm
Situations can change quickly but I'm not buying any Fins rbs at the moment. I have only one share, a ballage share, and I'm just holding as I would be with either of the others. Holds.
Plus you have to consider that with so many picks and a wealth of cap space this offseason, most of the roster is expendable. Wouldn't be shocked if Miami offered Melvin Gordon a bunch of money.
Overpriced veteran rb who is leaving his prime, yeah he'll be great in Miami

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 am
by azthecrow
metalmat wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 pm
BlackOmega wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:19 pm
kmbryant09 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:56 am
Yeah, as a Walton owner it sure would be great if the Dolphins traded away Drake.

I still can't figure out the bizarre usage in last week's game for Walton - surprisingly got the start, then produced well with his early touches, then seemingly rode the bench in the 2nd half behind BOTH Ballage & Drake.

Guess nobody knows why.
The last thing Miami wants right now is a competent RB, If Walton looks too good he'll be sent to the bench so they can follow the "worst man up" philosophy as they strive for the first overall pick
And where does that put Gaskin?

Then shouldn't they just be giving the starting job to Ballage?

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 am
by kmbryant09
I don't have snap counts anywhere, but Walton dominated backfield touches on Sunday, with 14 carries / 66 yards against a stout Bills' defense.

I'm not going to suggest he's a phenomenal talent by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought he played very well - broke some tackles and showed some burst.

Would be great to see Drake moved before the deadline, I actually think Walton could return some RB #2 value over the 2nd half of the season. Extremely, extremely doubtful that he's the long-term solution, but his arrow is pointing up for 2019.

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am
by Big Al
You still have to wonder why Miami doesn't give Gaskin a few token carries. What have they got to lose.

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:02 pm
by ericanadian
kmbryant09 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 am
I don't have snap counts anywhere, but Walton dominated backfield touches on Sunday, with 14 carries / 66 yards against a stout Bills' defense.

I'm not going to suggest he's a phenomenal talent by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought he played very well - broke some tackles and showed some burst.

Would be great to see Drake moved before the deadline, I actually think Walton could return some RB #2 value over the 2nd half of the season. Extremely, extremely doubtful that he's the long-term solution, but his arrow is pointing up for 2019.
For the snap counts:

Walton - 52%
Drake - 41%
Ballage - 7%

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:31 pm
by azthecrow
Big Al wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am
You still have to wonder why Miami doesn't give Gaskin a few token carries. What have they got to lose.
I’m thinking the same. Is Gaskin being saved for next year or has he just not been good or ready to play?

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:12 pm
by Forza_Azzurri
azthecrow wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:31 pm
Big Al wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:55 am
You still have to wonder why Miami doesn't give Gaskin a few token carries. What have they got to lose.
I’m thinking the same. Is Gaskin being saved for next year or has he just not been good or ready to play?
Yeah. I’m sure they saving a 7th round draft pick for next year ... :crazy: ... you can’t extrapolate anything from this year’s Miami team to future years. Can Preston Williams be a stud? Definitely. Will he be viable in a future Dolphin iteration? Impossible to tell. Gaskins is even less likely to be relevant. Bottom line, don’t hold any Dolphin expecting better future results.

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 am
by kmbryant09
::crosses fingers for a Kenyan Drake trade today::

Signed,
-New Mark Walton owner and apparent leader of his fan club

Re: Miami Running Backs

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:23 am
by TimeWillTell
kmbryant09 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:21 am
::crosses fingers for a Kenyan Drake trade today::

Signed,
-New Mark Walton owner and apparent leader of his fan club
Ditto. Picked him up off waivers 2 weeks ago. Hoping for good news, a good game and flip for a 2nd or 3rd