QB1 in Dynasty?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: QB1 in Dynasty?

Postby Blueboy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Give me whomever of Mahomes/Watson/Wilson/Murray is cheapest, honestly. While Mahomes is the top of that tier, I think each of those guys represents an elite tier of QB's that both safe (realistic top 8 floor) and has a good shot at being the fantasy QB1 each year.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:52 pm

notweswelker wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:44 pm
Nobody can run as well as Lamar. Murray has been OK against the better teams, and really good against the bad ones (Atlanta, for instance). I don't think phenomenal is accurate. He's played well for a rookie.
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Interesting to notate "really good against the bad ones" when comparing them considering Lamar's 2019 stats are mediocre to poor if you take away his two games against winless teams. I get it though, if I had Lamar I'd want Murray too.
I don't have Lamar. I am just saying Lamar is a better runner than Kyler. I prefer Kyler to Lamar as an overall QB. I actually traded Kyler, added a bit to get Wentz, who I much prefer. It's all down to personal preference, obviously.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm not sure I get the Murray love but good luck to those that have him that high.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:46 pm

qb8, as a rookie, while not scoring touchdowns. what is there to not get?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:46 pm qb8, as a rookie, while not scoring touchdowns. what is there to not get?
People are ranking him in the top 5, and the same issues people had with him (size/durability concerns) and offensive scheme working, organizational dissonance etc. He's clearly not sold as Murray being a top 5 dynasty QB as some are claiming, (nor do I FWIW.) I'd have him closer to 10. Murray is going to have a decent floor with his legs, as long as he stays healthy, but there is a reason they aren't scoring TD's, other than against awful D's like Atlanta. I'd prefer Kyler over Baker, though, when talking about the two top picks from Oklahoma. Murray's mobility will help him compared to Baker. I also think Kyler is less prone to turning the ball over.

EDIT: Looking it over, I actually have Kyler right around where he is in scoring, the 7-8 range in rankings. I have a top tier of 5, that's sort of a 1A/1B tier.

Mahones, Watson and Wilson, then slightly behind them I have Wentz and Dak. Alll these players have larger sample sizes of high end QB play, and they round out a tier that Kyler has not earned his way into yet. He may do so, but much like Baker, I see it as a mistake to move a QB into the top tier on less than a years worth of play (especially when that play hasn't been a very level for any sustained period).

Kyler is in the mix in my second tier, below those guys.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:04 pm

I understand the cons with Kyler, but he is saying he doesn't understand the pros, which, I don't understand how someone could not understand them. I think there are arguments to rank him anywhere from QB3-10

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Watson is probably the best value QB in fantasy.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:04 pm I understand the cons with Kyler, but he is saying he doesn't understand the pros, which, I don't understand how someone could not understand them. I think there are arguments to rank him anywhere from QB3-10
Sure. 3 is too high for me. Simply hasn't shown enough. Hasn't played long enough, either. Need a larger body of work. After the 5 I mentioned, though, I see no reason why he can't slide anywhere between 5-10.