General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jacoby Brissett

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:29 pm

sugbear65 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 am
Brissett has played really good this season, like well above average kind of good. I wouldn’t just assume he’s going to get replaced by whoever he’s holding down the seat for. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say I’d assume he doesn’t get replaced, and that it’s his seat. I’m not sure what’s not to like. He’s young, learned behind a couple of great QBs including the GOAT, is in a productive offense with playmakers and solid O line, signed for the next few years. He can scramble, but doesn’t run just to run, instead using his mobility to move around the pocket or evade pressure. He’s not prone to making bad or boneheaded decisions. Oh, and he is also on pace to lead all QBs in touchdown passes this year. So there’s that.
Doubt this guy at your own peril, but he is more than just backup fantasy QB material to me. And his price is still so low! Good time to buy in my opinion, and grab a pontetial top 12 QB for years to come.
I agree with this. If the Colts do draft a QB, it won't be one with high pedigree. Brissett looks like the guy at least for the foreseeable future. He's not doing anything amazing, but he's playing how the Colts system is intended to be played and not turning the ball over. That's really the most you can ask of a QB.

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain

Re: Jacoby Brissett

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 pm

offense is 15th in points, 22nd in yards, 24th in passing yards, 19th in net yards/attempt. behind one of the best OL in the league and a buffet of cake defenses played. the touchdowns have been great, his actual play has been meh.

I expect him to be about QB16 rest of season and get benched at some point next year.