Pats DST

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pats DST

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:11 am

Is there anyone else who is being carried this season by the NE DST? I haven't lost yet this season, and a lot of that is because of the Pats. Feels a little cheap honestly.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Pats DST

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:48 am

im facing them this week and Edelman

im already projected to lose by 20 lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:19 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:11 am Is there anyone else who is being carried this season by the NE DST? I haven't lost yet this season, and a lot of that is because of the Pats. Feels a little cheap honestly.
Idk why it would feel cheap? You were the one who was smart enough to go grab them. You did. It gives you an advantage. Good for you. Defenses are so underrated around here, i dont get it. They can flat out win you games if they are good just like any other good real player. I understand how up and down defenses are yearly and thats the main reason for them being devalued but still if a good one wins you games then take it. If you had Ravens or Seahawks defenses of the past you most likely won a lot of games because of them. Honestly if i were a contender id pay a second for that pats Defense. Call me crazy if you want.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 am

Ugh. I have them in a total rebuild, can't get anything for them, and I'm winning games because I won't openly tank. They got me 21 last night. Dammit.
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:01 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:19 am Honestly if i were a contender id pay a second for that pats Defense. Call me crazy if you want.
That's exactly what I was thinking about earlier. I wouldn't sell them for a 2nd, which goes against everything I would typically preach value-wise.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:19 am

Team 1 I'm being helped by pats D. Won weekly high score payout twice so far thanks in part to them

I've turned down two offers of a replacement D and a 2nd from other contenders for them. Honestly, I want to repeat as champ. In my position I don't know if I'd sell for a late 1st. Unfortunately they play the Dolphins week 17 when there's no fantasy, but they play Bills week 16 and Bengals week 15.

Watch out for Chiefs week 14 tho if you're truly relying on them
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am

The runs about to come to an end. There still a defense you probably start most weeks. But theyve played nothing but garbage and actually play real team's the 2nd half of the year
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:58 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am The runs about to come to an end. There still a defense you probably start most weeks. But theyve played nothing but garbage and actually play real team's the 2nd half of the year
This ^ Their schedule is ridiculous. Lets give the best team in the NFL the EASIEST schedule. Most people are too busy or too dumb to realize. their defense will regress as they will be playing better teams in the second half. I hate Defenses and Kickers in dynasty formats. HATE it. Why? because its unpredictable, because it's luck based... Ugh. Gross. There are some (in reality) crappy teams that are benefiting from the Pats defense. In the long run - it will hurt these teams more than help them.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:04 am

JFever wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:58 am
JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am The runs about to come to an end. There still a defense you probably start most weeks. But theyve played nothing but garbage and actually play real team's the 2nd half of the year
This ^ Their schedule is ridiculous. Lets give the best team in the NFL the EASIEST schedule. Most people are too busy or too dumb to realize. their defense will regress as they will be playing better teams in the second half. I hate Defenses and Kickers in dynasty formats. HATE it. Why? because its unpredictable, because it's luck based... Ugh. Gross. There are some (in reality) crappy teams that are benefiting from the Pats defense. In the long run - it will hurt these teams more than help them.
You do realize that the schedule is essentially fixed, with the teams you are going to play known well in advance (besides who comes the same position in the other divisions in your conference). Agreed though, the pats have had a cake walk of a schedule so far.

I honestly don't understand why a lot of people hate defenses/kickers in dynasty. It adds another element, and there is value to be had if you look hard enough. Its like people think that players are easy to predict or something and want the paper champion to win. The NFL is so volatile, which is what makes it fun, just embrace the variance!

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:08 am

JFever wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:58 am
They play Cincinnati week 15 and Buffalo week 16. Im certainly not moving them.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 am

I'm thinking about selling them high in the only league I own them
The schedule does get tougher; I think they'll still put up decent fantasy points but not necessarily week-winning points once they face PHI, KC, DAL, HOU, etc

Might try to package them with a QB (Baker or Jimmy) & upgrade to Russ
Russ owner was just talking about how he's jealous he didn't scoop Pats D at the beginning of the year

I do however think Tom Brady might be a priority buy as a contender because of his (fantasy) playoff schedule which without looking I believe is: HOU, KC, CIN
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:31 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 am I'm thinking about selling them high in the only league I own them
The schedule does get tougher; I think they'll still put up decent fantasy points but not necessarily week-winning points once they face PHI, KC, DAL, HOU, etc

Russ owner was just talking about how he's jealous he didn't scoop Pats D at the beginning of the year

I do however think Tom Brady might be a priority buy as a contender because of his (fantasy) playoff schedule which without looking I believe is: HOU, KC, CIN
Russ is solid. If you can use the other team's jealousy to make such a move...that would be clever!

BTW DST scoring in my league is a bit crazy, such that right now the Patriots have scored twice as many points as any other team (counting their extra Thursday night game, admittedly). There has to be some regression and if you can "sell high" and get Russ...heck yeah. Tough call on who to offer first, Baker or Jimmy.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:33 am

Paul717 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:31 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 am I'm thinking about selling them high in the only league I own them

Russ is solid. If you can use the other team's jealousy to make such a move...that would be clever!

BTW DST scoring in my league is a bit crazy, such that right now the Patriots have scored twice as many points as any other team (counting their extra Thursday night game, admittedly). There has to be some regression and if you can "sell high" and get Russ...heck yeah. Tough call on who to offer first, Baker or Jimmy.
It would likely have to be Baker because he expressed interest in buying low when I facetiously threatened to drop him after he got me negative points last week lol

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:01 am

They play the Bills and the Bengals weeks 15 and 16.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 am

Why is anyone still playing in a dynasty league with DSTs?