OBJ buy low window?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: OBJ buy low window?

Postby Sriracha » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:15 am For the record, I would rather roster Everett than Henry. Henry is one of the most overrated tight ends out there, reminds me of the unending hype of Ladarius Green just because of Rivers.
Sure, my whole argument advocating for HH boils down to Philip Rivers is his QB. :think:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:15 am For the record, I would rather roster Everett than Henry. Henry is one of the most overrated tight ends out there, reminds me of the unending hype of Ladarius Green just because of Rivers.
Good morning, how are we all doing today?

This was freaking ludicrous, but you're a Raiders fan so I get it.
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:06 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:40 am Just seen OBJ go for essentially Josh Gordon (pre injury) and Michael Gallup. Manager also sent Gerald Everett for Hunter Henry, which I see as a wash.
Gerald Everett for Hunter Henry is nowhere close to a wash
And a "Happy Monday Morning" to that manager too.
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:29 pm HH has 2 straight years of knee injuries. I'd argue it's close. Henry is damaged goods, so to speak. Loved him coming out of college, and he showed some potential, but he's always been more about projection as opposed to production. He produced nicely in his first few years, considering the position, but to the point about projection and production, what do you project going forward with those injuries, and lack of playing time over the last few years? He is a good TE, but nothing special. What Everett did last game was more than HH has ever showed in a single game.

To say it is "nowhere close to a wash" suggests that HH is anything more than a good NFL TE, which isn't the case. He is good, and can't seem to stay healthy. His career arc is going in the wrong direction, currently. Everett was also a 2nd round pick who was not utilized much until recently. I don't think there is a massive gap between them at all. Maybe a 3rd round rookie pick. I certainly wouldn't add a 2nd to Everett to get HH at this point.
And a top of the morning to you too.

Just wanted to bump these wonderful posts.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm

If Hunter Henry goes on IR next week you're gonna feel bad.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm If Hunter Henry goes on IR next week you're gonna feel bad.
Pretty much this. Guys like Eifert & Reed were good when they played too but made of glass.

My stance still stands. One game does not change that, if it did I shouldn't be posting here.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm If Hunter Henry goes on IR next week you're gonna feel bad.
I enjoy schadenfreude in all it's colours and shapes, so I'd probably have a good laugh and feel about normal. But thanks for your concern! :lol:

Gerald Everett of the 9 yard day can't even hold Hunter's jort-strap. Ridiculous takes.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:00 pm
Good morning, how are we all doing today?

This was freaking ludicrous, but you're a Raiders fan so I get it.
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:06 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:40 am Just seen OBJ go for essentially Josh Gordon (pre injury) and Michael Gallup. Manager also sent Gerald Everett for Hunter Henry, which I see as a wash.
Gerald Everett for Hunter Henry is nowhere close to a wash
And a "Happy Monday Morning" to that manager too.
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:29 pm HH has 2 straight years of knee injuries. I'd argue it's close. Henry is damaged goods, so to speak. Loved him coming out of college, and he showed some potential, but he's always been more about projection as opposed to production. He produced nicely in his first few years, considering the position, but to the point about projection and production, what do you project going forward with those injuries, and lack of playing time over the last few years? He is a good TE, but nothing special. What Everett did last game was more than HH has ever showed in a single game.

To say it is "nowhere close to a wash" suggests that HH is anything more than a good NFL TE, which isn't the case. He is good, and can't seem to stay healthy. His career arc is going in the wrong direction, currently. Everett was also a 2nd round pick who was not utilized much until recently. I don't think there is a massive gap between them at all. Maybe a 3rd round rookie pick. I certainly wouldn't add a 2nd to Everett to get HH at this point.
And a top of the morning to you too.

Just wanted to bump these wonderful posts.
A little Monday afternoon chest beating? I said the guy was good. I stand by the fact I would not add a 2nd to Everett to get HH. Henry isn't an elite Football player because he put up numbers in the 2nd half of a game that was out of hand. I stand by everything I said, one game of production doesn't change the fact he has an injury history. Not discounting the production last night, but it doesn't change my mind on anything.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:02 pm

So OBJ was ok this week, but the Browns suck.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:02 pm So OBJ was ok this week, but the Browns suck.
Baker Mayfield and the Browns offense is the biggest disappointment of the season (Minus my Titans but I assume those without blatant homerism saw right through them this offseason).

Its a lost season. I was one of the biggest Mayfield fans out there, but his career projections are now heavily clouded.

Ive seen talented QBs waste away behind inept coaching before, really just have to hope CLE doesnt “ brown up “ their most talented QB prospect of the past few decades.

If you own him, youre holding. But dont attempt to buy low on this offense (obj included) unless someone is sweating Hunts return.

I maintain that Everett is nowhere close to the talent of HH, but its within your right to maintain bad take locks despite new information (lord knows Ive done that with a few players)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 pm

I always thought the Browns were going to start slow (not this slow though), and play better late when their schedule eases up. I think losing to the Titans week 1 really screwed with them, I think they assumed they would win and then started pressing to make up for it. I had them losing to the Titans the whole time.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:15 am

notweswelker wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:13 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:16 am
I just think it's ridiculous to start down the road of playing the age card for a 26 year old....
This is dynasty, age of assets is a very real component. With the struggles of that Browns O-Line OBJ may not provide even WR2 numbers until next year, which will be his age 28 season.
-This is assuming everything else falls into place, his diva tendencies do not rear their head, he stays healthy, Baker stays healthy, the Oline improve.

Most elite WRs fall off around age 30/31 for a multitude of reasons. So Beckham is ~3/4 of the way through his value giving time.
Playing age matters for everyone, it's a simple component of their dynasty value. Things could turn around this week and Odell return to WR1 status immediately. But the reality is we are discussing this because while that's a possibility, the alternative timeline I described above also looks increasingly like a strong possibility.
So 3-4 years of elite production left going by your numbers.
For someone just about to start contending or is contending, he is absolutely still a top tier asset, and still command premium price.
And should still be the centrepiece in a short rebuild.

If you have no future picks and no other assets it’s time to move on from him, and reconsider your general strategy for dynasty.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 am

trc wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:15 am
For someone just about to start contending or is contending, he is absolutely still a top tier asset, and still command premium price.

If you have no future picks and no other assets it’s time to move on from him, and reconsider your general strategy for dynasty.
Are you a child?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's not even starting for me most weeks this season. Thanks for the tips though!

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 am

notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 am

Are you a child?
No

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 am

notweswelker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 am

Are you a child?

He's not even starting for me most weeks this season. Thanks for the tips though!
That's crazy
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 am

Another week, another non-IR week for Henry. Dang dude, you must be gutted!

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 am

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 am
That's crazy
[/quote]

Looks like he will be starting next week. DJ on the shelf plus Davante. Gotta roll with the diva on that fantastic Browns offense.