OBJ buy low window?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

OBJ buy low window?

Postby DynastyDabbler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Anybody out there think OBJ could be in a buy low window right now (if so, what are you willing to pay)? Or is everyone staying away?
Last edited by DynastyDabbler on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: OBJ buy low window?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:38 pm

I haven't been impressed with him for a while now. I think his best years are behind him, personally. I don't think he should be valued the way he used to be. He's older and less productive than those first few seasons. It really depends on what the price is.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:49 pm

But the situation in New York was so terrible.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Along the same lines, are ppl buying low on baker for dynasty?
I could see if baker owner wants minshu or Brisset over baker.

OBJ owners in my league are still holding out

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 pm Along the same lines, are ppl buying low on baker for dynasty?
I could see if baker owner wants minshu or Brisset over baker.

OBJ owners in my league are still holding out
On Baker it probably depends on when the owner acquired Baker and for how much. If it's year 1 of the league and they drafted him as top 5ish QB as most were, then those owners will probably be holding and hoping to ride out the storm. If they got him as a rookie 2 years ago for a modest price then they may be willing to just "get their money back" so to speak and be willing to trade him at a reasonable price.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

The grass isn't always greener Odell Beckham

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Through 5 weeks of 2019 with Browns
43 Targets
23 Catches (53%)
335 Yards
1 TD

Through 5 weeks of 2018 with Giants
59 Targets
39 Catches (66%)
462 Yards
1 TD(rec) + 1 TD(passing)

More targets, more catches, better percentage, more yards, more TDS (okay this is cheating..kinda)

As a NYGs fan who watched him cry and pout and moan about his tough lot playing for the Giants, this warms my fricken heart more than the Grinch discovering the true meaning of X-Mas.

As an OBJ owner I have some concerns.

Baker has looked.. not as good as anticipated. He's exhibiting exploitable tendencies that he will have to work hard to get past as defenses are mostly having a field day with him. He's still young as hell and incredibly talented and will come around (probably).
Something that won't be coming around so soon is a better pass-blocking offensive line that is currently treating Baker as if he has banged all of their wives/girlfriends. This line is bad. They were ranked 24th (pass-blocking) going into this absolute destruction versus the 49ers, and will undoubtedly fall a few more pegs to ~27th.
Beyond that, Kitchens looks completely overmatched as a head coach. 2nd most penalized team entering this week, herky jerky offense, odd assignments, I could go on.
It's notable that the Browns success last season came with Williams at the helm and Kitchens able to focus on the offense. Making the jump in one season from RBs coach to in season promotion to OC to offseason promotion to HC, was probably too much. Is he realistically going to stick around?
Finally, he's in a near even target share with Landry, and quite bluntly hasn't looked like the game-breaking secondary destroying guy he was a few seasons ago.

In DLF's own rankings he is #4 overall. He'll be 27 in a month and many these problems are going to be tough to quick fix away. He also comes with injury concerns as well as diva concerns. Not AB level by any means, but certainly present.
I'm sure there will be selling windows this season when he goes off, is anyone else thinking about getting value here when those windows present themselves?

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:17 am

Better days ahead for Baker, OBJ and that whole passing "attack," though I don't see it till late in the year. Worth holding both imo.

Obviously if you were counting on one or both to be studs out the gate this season, that dream is over. :sick:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am

I'd buy low on both OBJ and Baker, but not if I needed them for this season as a contending team.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:30 am

I think OBJ being a buy low lies in whether or not you think Cleveland fixes the offensive line within the next 24 months. The idea that Dorsey thought they could compete with Greg Robinson as an every down starter is shameful, and the Kitchens is not adjusting to the talent he has. I probably would say there are better values to be spending that much capital on.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 am

The Browns are mess. They have a bad line on offense and can't stop the run on defense. Doesn't matter much how talented the skill position players are when these to two death nails are present.

OBJ and Landry are ranked 40th and 42nd in points per game YTD.

I am a bit surprised the Browns haven't worked out a deal with the Redskins for their LT. They will have to give a pick and a really good player on defense but they should.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:13 am

Is Cooks, Dissy and Josh Gordon for beckham cheap ?

It would give me this line up (2QB):

Mayfield, Wentz
Zeke, Lindsay, Sanders.
Evans, Beckham, Watkins, landry, Metcalf.
Engram and Ebron
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:23 am

ravn88 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:13 am Is Cooks, Dissy and Josh Gordon for beckham cheap ?

It would give me this line up (2QB):

Mayfield, Wentz
Zeke, Lindsay, Sanders.
Evans, Beckham, Watkins, landry, Metcalf.
Engram and Ebron
yes
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:26 am

Always acquire elite players when you can, especially if you get a discount. OBJ will be a perennial top pick until he is essentially out of the league. The Browns situation will eventually resolve itself, even if this season does go off the rails. I imagine we'll have a play-caller change here pretty soon that evens things out for the year.

I would not pay a lot for Baker, but if you have something to offer a contender who's relying on him it'll more than likely pay off long-term. Maybe you can trade your Matt Ryan/Veteran QB or something like that. He's going through some growing pains as a player but he's also in a rough environment. He needs time and help to adjust to his horrible o-line or he needs a better o-line play. Not sure either will happen this season. I talked about this 2 weeks ago but people want to crown young QB's so fast and so badly, they can't help it. Baker has a better chance of being Jameis Winston than he does Drew Brees, and Jameis is a decent QB. But people don't want to hear that.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:37 am

so if you want odell or are moving him, what do you want in return? and what are you willing to give up?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:13 am

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:26 am Always acquire elite players when you can, especially if you get a discount. OBJ will be a perennial top pick until he is essentially out of the league. The Browns situation will eventually resolve itself, even if this season does go off the rails. I imagine we'll have a play-caller change here pretty soon that evens things out for the year.

I would not pay a lot for Baker, but if you have something to offer a contender who's relying on him it'll more than likely pay off long-term. Maybe you can trade your Matt Ryan/Veteran QB or something like that. He's going through some growing pains as a player but he's also in a rough environment. He needs time and help to adjust to his horrible o-line or he needs a better o-line play. Not sure either will happen this season. I talked about this 2 weeks ago but people want to crown young QB's so fast and so badly, they can't help it. Baker has a better chance of being Jameis Winston than he does Drew Brees, and Jameis is a decent QB. But people don't want to hear that.
I am not sure that's the case at all. He'll be 28 next year and hasn't produced as an elite player in a few years, now. I can see him being outside the top 12 as early as next year, but certainly in 2 years it's possible.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick