DJ Chark

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: DJ Chark

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:44 pm

I think they would be better off getting a TE than another WR, that's pretty decent young trio they have and they have a ton of cap space to sign a more veteran presence. I doubt Pitts is still available with their other 1 from the Rams (he would be an AMAZING addition if he is though), but Pat Freiermuth or Brevin Jordan in the 2nd or 3rd could be a nice pick.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:48 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:44 pm I think they would be better off getting a TE than another WR, that's pretty decent young trio they have and they have a ton of cap space to sign a more veteran presence. I doubt Pitts is still available with their other 1 from the Rams (he would be an AMAZING addition if he is though), but Pat Freiermuth or Brevin Jordan in the 2nd or 3rd could be a nice pick.
Pitts would be a dream scenario but doubt he lasts to the playoff team picks. I agree the young trio is good. Shenaults injury history would worry me as the 2, but ultimately I think they'd be fine adding a vet or just bringing Cole back. Just saying it's on the table they add another big name. Chark should easily be the 1 though.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Ya, the Rams could miss the playoffs and be picking as high as 18, which is still probably too late for Pitts but not impossible. He's the no brainer if he's available though, give Lawrence all the weapons you can.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:47 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:56 pm Ya, the Rams could miss the playoffs and be picking as high as 18, which is still probably too late for Pitts but not impossible. He's the no brainer if he's available though, give Lawrence all the weapons you can.
Still a chance at Friermuth with the 2.1

He's not Pitts but if not for him he'd be the far and away TE1 of this year and last year's classes put together

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:47 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:56 pm Ya, the Rams could miss the playoffs and be picking as high as 18, which is still probably too late for Pitts but not impossible. He's the no brainer if he's available though, give Lawrence all the weapons you can.
Still a chance at Friermuth with the 2.1

He's not Pitts but if not for him he'd be the far and away TE1 of this year and last year's classes put together
Ya, I suggested him (or Brevin Jordan) in my first post, both would be great additions and leave them the ability to get OL or D with the Rams 1st. If Pitts does happen to fall to them though they should definitely take him, he's just a unique talent to hopefully pair with Lawrence for a decade.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 am

I'm looking at Shenault and Johnson before I pay Chark prices. Also trying to land whatever TE makes it to 2021, if any. Josh Oliver had some promise but cant seem to stay healthy. They could also draft or pick one up in the offseason....but I doubt Eifert/Oshawnessy is the answer.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:50 am

CGW wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 am I'm looking at Shenault and Johnson before I pay Chark prices. Also trying to land whatever TE makes it to 2021, if any. Josh Oliver had some promise but cant seem to stay healthy. They could also draft or pick one up in the offseason....but I doubt Eifert/Oshawnessy is the answer.
Shenault is a great buy low with Trevor Lawrence coming to town. At this point.. I don't see how people can assume he's doomed to be behind Chark in the pecking order. He's got an alpha build, the pedigree and has shown a varied skillset as a rookie. If people are valuing Chark higher he's the clear arbitrage play.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:21 pm

notweswelker wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:54 pm
Same here. He's a good WR. I would expect WR2 numbers with better QB play. He had a lot of subpar QB play and I feel that Minshew spreads it out a lot. I'm willing to write this season off for the most part and would buy low if I could
I'm looking to buy for a late first. Lawrence is going to come in and light it up.
At the very least Lawrence will be the best quarterback Chark has ever had throw him the ball.
Pretty wide discrepancy probably between buyers and sellers because he didn't build much on '19, and I hear that, but as a heavy owner of Chark at this point there's no way I'd sell at that price. He's already produced a breakout 70-1000-8 season, and his second season was spotty at best rather than bad, and has exculpatory evidence to explain it away. Now add the best QB prospect since Luck and it's hard not to be excited. If I can get him anywhere for a late first, I'd be adding to my shares rather than selling, but I imagine most guys that have him view him as a buy or hold rather than a sell.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:26 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:44 pm I think they would be better off getting a TE than another WR, that's pretty decent young trio they have and they have a ton of cap space to sign a more veteran presence. I doubt Pitts is still available with their other 1 from the Rams (he would be an AMAZING addition if he is though), but Pat Freiermuth or Brevin Jordan in the 2nd or 3rd could be a nice pick.
Josh Oliver was a very nice prospect coming out and supposedly the team was heartbroken when he went out in August because supposedly he was having a breakout offseason in as much as that is possible. If Oliver can come back fully healthy, I think he's a top 10-15 TE no problem, than again I thought the same this year with Ian Thomas lol, and his '20 performance went over like a fart in church.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:28 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:26 pm
Josh Oliver was a very nice prospect coming out and supposedly the team was heartbroken when he went out in August because supposedly he was having a breakout offseason in as much as that is possible. If Oliver can come back fully healthy, I think he's a top 10-15 TE no problem, than again I thought the same this year with Ian Thomas lol, and his '20 performance went over like a fart in church.
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that, especially since there will be a new GM and HC who weren't around to see his "breakout offseason".

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:50 am
CGW wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 am I'm looking at Shenault and Johnson before I pay Chark prices. Also trying to land whatever TE makes it to 2021, if any. Josh Oliver had some promise but cant seem to stay healthy. They could also draft or pick one up in the offseason....but I doubt Eifert/Oshawnessy is the answer.
Shenault is a great buy low with Trevor Lawrence coming to town. At this point.. I don't see how people can assume he's doomed to be behind Chark in the pecking order. He's got an alpha build, the pedigree and has shown a varied skillset as a rookie. If people are valuing Chark higher he's the clear arbitrage play.
Kinda depends upon how Shenault owners perceive him.

Not sure why he'd be a buy low after being WR6 in terms of production after going WR11 in ADP? He finished ahead of Jeudy, Reagor, Mims and Pittman who all went ahead of him in rookie drafts.

And now he gets Trevor Lawrence to throw to him.

All of this after being I think consensus top 5-7 overall in the spring of '19 before he had a disappointing final year in college.

People who sell low in the offseason on Shenault strike me as totally insane. I've got 7 Shenault, and 7 Chark shares across my 12 dynasty leagues and am super happy about it. Won't be selling any of them.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 pm

I think Chark is in this big cluster of WRs ranked anywhere from 15-35 that I don't see a ton of difference in at all so I would just buy the cheapest out of that group. However, I think you can find similar production for less than what Chark's owner will want unless they have soured on him.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:34 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Not sure why he'd be a buy low after being WR6 in terms of production after going WR11 in ADP? He finished ahead of Jeudy, Reagor, Mims and Pittman who all went ahead of him in rookie drafts.

All of this after being I think consensus top 5-7 overall in the spring of '19 before he had a disappointing final year in college.

People who sell low in the offseason on Shenault strike me as totally insane. I've got 7 Shenault, and 7 Chark shares across my 12 dynasty leagues and am super happy about it. Won't be selling any of them.
Ya, I wasn't "selling low" on Laviska even before they were getting Lawrence. Chark is the one that has had the disappointing season out of the two, so he's the one that was a buy low target but Lawrence probably erases that.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:38 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:34 pm
stoneghost28 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Ya, I wasn't "selling low" on Laviska even before they were getting Lawrence. Chark is the one that has had the disappointing season out of the two, so he's the one that was a buy low target but Lawrence probably erases that.
I'm sure his ADP varied depending on when you drafted, but Shenault fell to the early 3rd in some of my leagues so he could be on a few non-believers' rosters. I've acquired him for the 2.04 already.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Ya, and he's clearly outperformed those draft slots since then and now has a great QB coming in. The season is over, last years ADP is now irrelevant for player values, what matters is what their ADP will be for the '21 season and Shenault has significantly increased his from last year.