DJ Chark

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: DJ Chark

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:47 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:41 pm Ya, and he's clearly outperformed those draft slots since then and now has a great QB coming in. The season is over, last years ADP is now irrelevant for player values, what matters is what their ADP will be for the '21 season and Shenault has significantly increased his from last year.
I agree, but that doesn't mean some owners won't be looking to sell for a "profit". The only reason I mentioned his ADP is that it makes him more likely to be on a roster that the owner doesn't believe in his talent profile. Like I said, I just got a deal done for the 2.04. He's a buy low in the sense that his value could sky rocket next year once his potential has been realized. Even if he's not the number 1 option.. odds are there will be multiple weapons that eat in this offense.. and if he ascends to the 1 spot? He's going to be a monster. Whatever his price is right now, it's likely still cheap.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:05 pm

Buying low infers his price will be higher later, not necessarily that hes cheaper than he was drafted. My comment on Shenault was comparing him to the price Chark would command. I'd much rather buy Shenault for a late 1st/early 2nd than an early 1st for Chark. Even better, I'd rather pay pennies for Johnson and Oliver.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:51 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 pm I think Chark is in this big cluster of WRs ranked anywhere from 15-35 that I don't see a ton of difference in at all so I would just buy the cheapest out of that group. However, I think you can find similar production for less than what Chark's owner will want unless they have soured on him.
He probably belongs in that group but I think what makes him a cut above in intrigue is:
Size: 6'3" 199
Speed: 40: 4.34/96th Percentile size adjusted.
Burst: 93rd Percentile

None of that is really teachable (sure a couple of #'s in a 40 can be improved, but 4.34 speed is something you can reach or not once you're a professional ), only a select few feature that size, speed and athletic explosion in their game.

Now you've just given that player the best QB prospect to come out in a decade and certainly a top 5 overall QB prospect since 1984.

I'm betting on Chark reaching whatever that ceiling can be given his tools and Trevor Lawrence (though I am a bit bummed 3 years of his rookie deal are already out the door) which is why I view him as one of the best targets to acquire outside of the WR1 zone (which I thought he'd reach this year, but he did not).
Last edited by stoneghost28 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:53 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:28 pm
stoneghost28 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:26 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:44 pm I think they would be better off getting a TE than another WR, that's pretty decent young trio they have and they have a ton of cap space to sign a more veteran presence. I doubt Pitts is still available with their other 1 from the Rams (he would be an AMAZING addition if he is though), but Pat Freiermuth or Brevin Jordan in the 2nd or 3rd could be a nice pick.
Josh Oliver was a very nice prospect coming out and supposedly the team was heartbroken when he went out in August because supposedly he was having a breakout offseason in as much as that is possible. If Oliver can come back fully healthy, I think he's a top 10-15 TE no problem, than again I thought the same this year with Ian Thomas lol, and his '20 performance went over like a fart in church.
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that, especially since there will be a new GM and HC who weren't around to see his "breakout offseason".
Please note I said that of Oliver with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I still like him, but I've got a habit of getting infatuated with TE teases going back nearly a half decade.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:00 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:05 pm Buying low infers his price will be higher later, not necessarily that hes cheaper than he was drafted. My comment on Shenault was comparing him to the price Chark would command. I'd much rather buy Shenault for a late 1st/early 2nd than an early 1st for Chark. Even better, I'd rather pay pennies for Johnson and Oliver.
I always thought of buying low as a combo of buying a guy whose on hard times w/a potential for a much higher pay off down the line (like Swift or Akers in September).

I'd certainly do that for Shenault w/o a second thought but I did a good job buying up both of these guys. My offseason WR targets were Diontae, DK, and Chark, and I got rather large shares of all 3 w/moves made in season '19 through the end of the summer. Also got a ton of Shenault, but Shenault was more about his ceiling (top 3-4 WR in the class spring/summer of '19, then generally WR 10-12 in most rookie drafts, I love to buy up shares when that happens, especially when outside forces played a big role in the declining value (injury and terrible QB play). Doesn't always work or even most of the time work, but it works often enough to make it a great offseason approach to rookie drafts, and trading in general.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:22 pm

I could see Shenault being better value. He's at least under contract for three more years. Chark is entering a contract year. Guess we'll see if Jacksonville believes he's a key part of their future, and assumingly should to have a good WR for Lawrence.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:06 pm

It's always tough to predict who a new QB will prefer. Lawerance could come in and build chemistry with any one of them. Chark has the build of an alpha, but so does Shenault, and CJohnson being 6'6" target isn't easy to overlook either. Anyone's game. Screams CAR scenario.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:56 am

Apparently a lot of rumors of a trade to Baltimore for OT Orlando Brown

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:01 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:56 am Apparently a lot of rumors of a trade to Baltimore for OT Orlando Brown
I just saw that pop up on Sleeper a bit ago and went to pick up Collin Johnson. I had to drop Kmet, which wasn't ideal, but he was expendable as my TE4 in non-TE prem. I don't doubt they draft a WR also, but I think the upside just got a bit better looking for both Shenault and Johnson.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:01 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:56 am Apparently a lot of rumors of a trade to Baltimore for OT Orlando Brown
I just saw that pop up on Sleeper a bit ago and went to pick up Collin Johnson. I had to drop Kmet, which wasn't ideal, but he was expendable as my TE4 in non-TE prem. I don't doubt they draft a WR also, but I think the upside just got a bit better looking for both Shenault and Johnson.
Jags probably players for Golladay or Juju, and possibly trade for A-Rob.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:21 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am
krtbuckeye wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:01 am
Jags probably players for Golladay or Juju, and possibly trade for A-Rob.
ARob back to Jax would be objectively hilarious.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm

Biased/hopeful Golladay owner, but I think he'd be a great fit with the Jaguars, plus you have the Darrell Bevell connection. If he were to take a team friendly/prove it kind of deal (which I think could happen between lowered cap and his questionable injury history to this point), it could make a really good WR corp for TLaw to start off with.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:41 pm

dustyroads wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm Biased/hopeful Golladay owner, but I think he'd be a great fit with the Jaguars, plus you have the Darrell Bevell connection. If he were to take a team friendly/prove it kind of deal (which I think could happen between lowered cap and his questionable injury history to this point), it could make a really good WR corp for TLaw to start off with.
Kenny G is going to break the bank.

3rd round pick so he hasn't seen his payday just yet.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:42 pm

Tony Kahn just completely squashed the Chark rumor via twitter.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:50 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:42 pm Tony Kahn just completely squashed the Chark rumor via twitter.
Not that surprising, Chark is their best WR. Lawrence will love throwing to him. If I didn't already own him everywhere I would be buying.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts