DJ Chark

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: DJ Chark

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:39 pm

It's not my evaluation of Chark, obviously OBJ > Juju > Chark in value. I would much rather have Chark or Juju at their current prices than OBJ though. I think we've already seen the best of OBJ, while Chark is still ascending, and Juju will probably never put up numbers like last year again but is going to be around for a long time putting up solid numbers.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:40 pm

@ BigJoeWall72

I get what you are saying but the mindset is more of a Doubting Thomas thought process than I like to play personally. Not meant as a slight just a very conservative wait and see approach IMO. Over the years I have found the cost of inaction is extremely high when looking at consistent breakout performances of players.

Looking at the darling of WR's this year in Godwin....
Last season in his second year:
59 receptions on 95 targets for 842 yards and 7 TD's

This season is Chark's 2nd year.
With 7 games to go he already has:
43 Receptions on 70 targets for 692 yards and 6 TD's.

No need to extrapolate in detail as no one knows but he is on pace for 124 targets.

The point is many saw Godwin as the next big thing based on his year 2 production and with good reason. Chark is blowing Godwin's year 2 numbers away with a QB that really isn't close in attempts in fantasy football.

My recommendation is if possible, buy Chark. He is one of the strongest buys in fantasy and even if it is a slight overpay by the masses today this time next year it will most likely be viewed as a major bargain.

Earlier in this thread I made the claim I would not trade Chark away for JuJu understanding JuJU has the name recognition and a strong history as a #2 on his team.

Today, I still wouldn't consider that trade and I strongly suspect most by this time next year will may actually agree. I get it sounds like a bold prediction but the more I study these two from a separation from defender perspective the more I like Chark even in that offense.

Time will tell!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:40 pm @ BigJoeWall72

I get what you are saying but the mindset is more of a Doubting Thomas thought process than I like to play personally. Not meant as a slight just a very conservative wait and see approach IMO. Over the years I have found the cost of inaction is extremely high when looking at consistent breakout performances of players.

No need to extrapolate in detail as no one knows but he is on pace for 124 targets.

The point is many saw Godwin as the next big thing based on his year 2 production and with good reason. Chark is blowing Godwin's year 2 numbers away with a QB that really isn't close in attempts in fantasy football.

My recommendation is if possible, buy Chark. He is one of the strongest buys in fantasy and even if it is a slight overpay by the masses today this time next year it will most likely be viewed as a major bargain.

Earlier in this thread I made the claim I would not trade Chark away for JuJu understanding JuJU has the name recognition and a strong history as a #2 on his team.

Today, I still wouldn't consider that trade and I strongly suspect most by this time next year will may actually agree. I get it sounds like a bold prediction but the more I study these two from a separation from defender perspective the more I like Chark even in that offense.

Time will tell!
That's not exactly why people were high on Godwin; he had elite measurables combined with a relatively early break out age and college dominator... and when given opportunity Godwin produced.

His production last season has to be taken in context; as he was behind Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, and was competing for targets with Adam Humphries and OJ Howard; whereas DJ Chark has played starter snaps the entire year.

Chark still looks like a very strong buy but it's hyperbolic to say his year 2 production blow's Godwins out of the water.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:29 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:40 pm @ BigJoeWall72

Time will tell!
That's not exactly why people were high on Godwin; he had elite measurables combined with a relatively early break out age and college dominator... and when given opportunity Godwin produced.

His production last season has to be taken in context; as he was behind Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, and was competing for targets with Adam Humphries and OJ Howard; whereas DJ Chark has played starter snaps the entire year.

Chark still looks like a very strong buy but it's hyperbolic to say his year 2 production blow's Godwins out of the water.
Traveling today but since you mentioned combine,
Pretty sure you will find Chark ran faster, jumped higher and on balance actually had a better combine to go along with what will be almost certainly better year 2 stats. Check it out.

With 7 games to play it will be shocking if Chark doesn’t blow his numbers away. He needs very few more yards, receptions, and is only 1 TD behind.

Facts are not hyperbole..... just saying...

The point isn’t to say he is better than Godwin but the stats in year 2 and the combine you mentioned favor Chark which is exactly why he is a strong buy.

Trying to justify is pretty funny. TB led the league in passing last year and throw it around 4 times more per game this year than Jax. Which is about 2 games worth of target opportunities.

Think you may have missed the point. The point was value buy for Chark just like Godwin was a value buy last season.

Future results are TBD.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:50 pm

Obj looks like he doesn't care about playing hard any more. I want someone who has more to play fit along with the talent.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 am

Lucked out and Chark was on the WW in the offseason so I scooped him up. I like his outlook going forward with either Foles or Minshew.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:50 am

saw061600 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:58 am I liked Chark coming out but expected to wait a year or two for production. Tried to buy everywhere I didn't draft during this off-season but no one would bite. Kind of makes me think many owners felt he was going to produce but, like me, weren't willing to lay down the offers that were needed to acquire because he hadn't done anything yet.
Sometimes unfortunately that may be what is needed to get a deal done. Which is why when I see an eyebrow raising trade on an up & coming player I do my best to remember that the owner buying is buying at a price they (a) have to to acquire the player and (b) still feels is below where the player is worth. So if someone had bought Chark in the off-season for a 1st I am sure many owners would have been all :surprised: :doh: at the time but are now :oops: :wall:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Bout to close a NonPPR deal that includes Chark coming my way but now have the option of swapping Chark out for Gallup. I’m excited about Chark and my instinct is to take him over Gallup. I view both players as guys who could become very dependable borderline stud fantasy WRs but I love Chark’s height and speed. Anybody have a strong feeling as to why Gallup might be the better option?

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:02 am
So we are going to, as harris football often says, start predicting what NFL offenses are going to look like in the future? Ultimately, before the season started many assumed the browns offense was going to be "unreal," and had OBJ valued as high as the dynasty WR 1-2. Just because the offense has been terrible, coaching horrific, and QB play god awful, that doesn't mean you vastly devalue the player. That type of mentality causes one to sell Diggs after week 3..

I may be wrong, but I know OBJ is somewhere around 5th in the league in YAC, and he's gaining more than 2 yards per separation on his routes run. Watch the games, and it's extremely easy to see that the browns are doing a horrific job utilizing him. He looks just fine. I care about the talent of the player, and like mentioned above a track record speaks volumes. A few weeks ago, as many others pointed out, we saw this community trash Mike Evans, who "wasn't even a WR 1 anymore," but his sheer Talent/Proven track record came through, embarrassing many who were strong-headed. Last time I remember a tall, athletic, 2nd round WR playing amazing at age 23 on the Jags was Allen Robinson.... Look how that turned out. I personally think you're way to attracted to the new shiny object, in Charke, and are delusional on your take of OBJ peaking.

I'm not saying your evaluation of Charke's talent is terrible. I like him too, and posted earlier in the season about how his body control was fantastic and similar to Golladay's, but I do think your vastly undervaluing consistency, and proven talent, which is the core of dynasty football.
Bad example to use but I'm guessing you aren't paying to attention to ARob due to the Bears being bad. Despite the offense being bad and Trubs doing his best Marcus Mariota impersonation he's on pace for 94 catches for 1100 yards and 5 TDs. Just had to wait for him to get healthy as he clearly has the talent. I just wish he had chosen to sign with GB instead of Chicago. I'd bet ppl would be moving him way up their WR ranks. But coulda, woulda, shoulda, he's still performing despite the underwhelming situation.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm Bout to close a NonPPR deal that includes Chark coming my way but now have the option of swapping Chark out for Gallup. I’m excited about Chark and my instinct is to take him over Gallup. I view both players as guys who could become very dependable borderline stud fantasy WRs but I love Chark’s height and speed. Anybody have a strong feeling as to why Gallup might be the better option?
Very high on both of these players and own them in my money leagues. The biggest difference is Gallup just isn't as good as Cooper so will have to be content playing 2nd on that team in the future most likely. Not bad as he won't face quite the coverage quality though.

Chark doesn't have anyone close to Cooper's talent on his team. I would not trade Chark away for Gallup at this point due to situation but not crazy in non ppr either.

Both of these players are way better than most thought coming out.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:58 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm Bout to close a NonPPR deal that includes Chark coming my way but now have the option of swapping Chark out for Gallup. I’m excited about Chark and my instinct is to take him over Gallup. I view both players as guys who could become very dependable borderline stud fantasy WRs but I love Chark’s height and speed. Anybody have a strong feeling as to why Gallup might be the better option?
Very high on both of these players and own them in my money leagues. The biggest difference is Gallup just isn't as good as Cooper so will have to be content playing 2nd on that team in the future most likely. Not bad as he won't face quite the coverage quality though.

Chark doesn't have anyone close to Cooper's talent on his team. I would not trade Chark away for Gallup at this point due to situation but not crazy in non ppr either.

Both of these players are way better than most thought coming out.
I appreciate the input.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

D.J. Chark

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:59 pm

Was it a false breakout? Or is this a WR1 in the making? I have him in the WR15-20 range right now, with time and room to move up as older players fade. But this is kind of a tepid conservative take. I want to hear from folks who are more bullish, or bearish, on his dynasty outlook. Thanks!

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:06 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:26 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:11 am
Kmani6 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:02 am How can you expect OBJ to be productive with a QB that's thrown 7 TDs and 12 interceptions through week 9???? you're blind. put him on the hawks or the saints or the packers and see what happens.
But he's not on those teams or going to them.

So we are going to, as harris football often says, start predicting what NFL offenses are going to look like in the future? Ultimately, before the season started many assumed the browns offense was going to be "unreal," and had OBJ valued as high as the dynasty WR 1-2. Just because the offense has been terrible, coaching horrific, and QB play god awful, that doesn't mean you vastly devalue the player. That type of mentality causes one to sell Diggs after week 3..

I may be wrong, but I know OBJ is somewhere around 5th in the league in YAC, and he's gaining more than 2 yards per separation on his routes run. Watch the games, and it's extremely easy to see that the browns are doing a horrific job utilizing him. He looks just fine. I care about the talent of the player, and like mentioned above a track record speaks volumes. A few weeks ago, as many others pointed out, we saw this community trash Mike Evans, who "wasn't even a WR 1 anymore," but his sheer Talent/Proven track record came through, embarrassing many who were strong-headed. Last time I remember a tall, athletic, 2nd round WR playing amazing at age 23 on the Jags was Allen Robinson.... Look how that turned out. I personally think you're way to attracted to the new shiny object, in Charke, and are delusional on your take of OBJ peaking.

I'm not saying your evaluation of Charke's talent is terrible. I like him too, and posted earlier in the season about how his body control was fantastic and similar to Golladay's, but I do think your vastly undervaluing consistency, and proven talent, which is the core of dynasty football.
Gonna leave this here. After all that talk Chark started red hot and faded badly. Ended up with close to the same stats as OBJ. I think in hindsight coaching and terrible QB play are evident.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:47 am

Wow, he got hurt and his performance slipped for a few games, that's never happened to any player ever I bet...

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Charknado is an elite talent.

Hes in the same class of explosive playmaker as Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, and Kenny G all of which round out the bottom 5 WRs by route density. DK Metcalf had the highest route Density in the NFL, and is probably more in line with the situational deep threat many people pigeonhole Chark into.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowh ... -receivers