DJ Chark

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: DJ Chark

Postby mild » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:50 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:42 pm Tony Kahn just completely squashed the Chark rumor via twitter.
Not that surprising, Chark is their best WR. Lawrence will love throwing to him. If I didn't already own him everywhere I would be buying.
Lol, I've got the same reaction as you, but it's the other way. "Thank goodness, that made no sense to give up one of the best young Offensive Linemen in the league for a WR in a flooded WR market"

Even if he does only have one season left under contract with the Ravens, they can definitely do a lot better than "a WR and some picks" for him.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:12 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:41 pm
dustyroads wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:39 pm Biased/hopeful Golladay owner, but I think he'd be a great fit with the Jaguars, plus you have the Darrell Bevell connection. If he were to take a team friendly/prove it kind of deal (which I think could happen between lowered cap and his questionable injury history to this point), it could make a really good WR corp for TLaw to start off with.
Kenny G is going to break the bank.

3rd round pick so he hasn't seen his payday just yet.
Probably right, but a man can dream. The gods also just teased me with a phone notification stating "Lions trade WR to Jaguars" *opens link* WR Jamal Agnew... :cry: :cry:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

mild wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:10 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:42 pm Tony Kahn just completely squashed the Chark rumor via twitter.
Not that surprising, Chark is their best WR. Lawrence will love throwing to him. If I didn't already own him everywhere I would be buying.
Lol, I've got the same reaction as you, but it's the other way. "Thank goodness, that made no sense to give up one of the best young Offensive Linemen in the league for a WR in a flooded WR market"

Even if he does only have one season left under contract with the Ravens, they can definitely do a lot better than "a WR and some picks" for him.
Think Brown asked for a trade because he wants to play LT and that won't happen in Baltimore. Team said he could explore trade opportunities which is a sign they think he is expendable.

One would think there would be a market for him someplace. Probably a draft day trade scenario once all the good tackles get snatched up.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Think Brown asked for a trade because he wants to play LT and that won't happen in Baltimore. Team said he could explore trade opportunities which is a sign they think he is expendable.

One would think there would be a market for him someplace. Probably a draft day trade scenario once all the good tackles get snatched up.
More like unaffordable considering how much they invested in Stanley and with extensions looming for Lamar and Andrews (their only great receiving option).

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:47 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm

More like unaffordable considering how much they invested in Stanley and with extensions looming for Lamar and Andrews (their only great receiving option).
I don't disagree but affordability is a reason he is expendable. This is a pretty heavy tackle draft so they could get one early.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:15 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Yup. No way we can pay him as a LT after just signing Stanley. He's good, but I think he might be biting off more than he can chew. Great player though

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun May 02, 2021 3:34 pm

Sweating bullets every time the Jaguars picked but no X WR coming uncaps the ceiling big time for Chark IMO

I was trying to sell high pre draft but happy to hold now

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:46 pm

Was considering making an offer for Chark today.

DJ Chark or would you rather have this tier of rookie WR...
- T. Marshall/Elijah Moore/R. Moore ?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun May 02, 2021 4:16 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:46 pm Was considering making an offer for Chark today.

So its your 1.11-2.o1 for Chark?
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Probably looking to take Waddle/Devonta Smith with the 1.11 and offering the 1.14 for Chark.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 02, 2021 5:00 pm

Cherokee wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:16 pm
halfbaked88 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:46 pm Was considering making an offer for Chark today.

So its your 1.11-2.o1 for Chark?
Elijah Moore maybe, but I'd probably stick with Chark. He's had a 1k yard season already and was fairly close last year but played half the season with Glennon and Luton

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 03, 2021 1:41 pm

Chark easily over that group. I do like all of their upsides but Chark is a legit WR1 on the team. He is really good.
Last edited by Ice on Mon May 03, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:56 pm

I was high on Chark, even higher on him now.

Young WR, 1K season already, great size/speed, and currently tied to a generational QB prospect... Likely supported by a strong ground game too.

I hate seeing an ex-player blow up more than I regret not cashing out on a guy when I could have. So I’d have to get blown away by an offer to move on from him right now.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon May 24, 2021 5:02 pm

With a down 2020, new HC and QB, and new offensive scheme apparently committed to the run, what are people's thoughts on Chark?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:02 pm With a down 2020, new HC and QB, and new offensive scheme apparently committed to the run, what are people's thoughts on Chark?
Relatively high post draft seeing as they coveted a gadget WR like Toney over an X like say Marshall/Bateman