Week 5 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:07 am

Is it just me or does it feel like the 49ers' passing game has hardly done jack?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 am

As bad as the browns looked, and they did look BAD. Maybe the 9ers defense is also just really good? Im glad i dont own any browns and i couldnt stand their offseason hype BUT we KNOW OBJ is talented (Even if he has fallen off a bit the last few years), we know landry is really good, we sure as hell know about chubb, and i think most of us are still pretty sold on Baker. Browns will be fine, it just may not be this season, like way too many expected it to be.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 am

Servo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:07 am Is it just me or does it feel like the 49ers' passing game has hardly done jack?
I agree, they just dont have a legit WR, Kittle is really good, Jimmy G has the tools, they have a really good run game, just need one of these WRs to step up or get one in FA or the draft next season.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:15 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 am
Servo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:07 am Is it just me or does it feel like the 49ers' passing game has hardly done jack?
I agree, they just dont have a legit WR, Kittle is really good, Jimmy G has the tools, they have a really good run game, just need one of these WRs to step up or get one in FA or the draft next season.
CeeDee Lamb to SF? :pray:

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:59 am

Man, Kitchens needs to turn the offense over to Monken immediately. Kitchens is way over his head as the coach of that team, they must be the least disciplined team in the league. There's no time management from Kitchens either - they punted late in the 1st half from their own red zone with less than a minute to go - the clock was running from the previous play yet they snapped the punt with like 15 seconds left on the play clock - essentially handing SF's offense an extra previous 15 seconds to work with.

Kitchens' game-planning and play-calling has been embarrassing. It's either a gimmick play to get OBJ the ball, or long-developing deep shots - the 1st of which last night included their backup TE blocking Bosa. What do ya know, Bosa hit Baker as he threw and forced an INT. There's nothing in between - no quick hitters, no stacked formations to get free releases from press, nothing in the short-intermediate range of the field. Kitchens also feels the need to run a draw on every 2nd and long play, which just results in 3rd and long.

And what in the world happened to Baker? Even when the line protected him and he had an open receiver, his accuracy was off on more than a handful of throws. Go watch his tape in college and rookie season - his accuracy rivaled Drew Brees. Now he's missing a wide-open OBJ 20 yards down the field. I don't know if he's skiddish from the amount of pressure he's been under, but he needs to play a lot better.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:51 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:59 pm Just want to say thanks to whomever talked me out of sending Wentz plus a not insignificant amount for Baker this offseason.
I might have had something to do with that. I was actively saying Wentz> Baker, and I myself turned down a similar offer. I felt all off season Baker's value was too high. I have Wentz a lot of places, and was never willing to even do straight up. I didn't see Baker being this bad, but always felt Wentz was the better QB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:38 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 pm I was down by 45 and have breida & Landry left, breida is doing his part.
And I lost by .3...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:51 am
hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:59 pm Just want to say thanks to whomever talked me out of sending Wentz plus a not insignificant amount for Baker this offseason.
I might have had something to do with that. I was actively saying Wentz> Baker, and I myself turned down a similar offer. I felt all off season Baker's value was too high. I have Wentz a lot of places, and was never willing to even do straight up. I didn't see Baker being this bad, but always felt Wentz was the better QB.
You're speaking with a lot of finality. There's still likely quite a bit of a career to be played out by both of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:22 am

From what I've seen thus far, good and not so good, I'd lean toward Wentz over Baker pretty easily. I agree, there is much of their careers to come.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:30 am

I'm blind to the Baker struggles. Sophomore struggles, new coach... It'll be fine. At least that's what I keep telling myself...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:12 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:51 am
You're speaking with a lot of finality. There's still likely quite a bit of a career to be played out by both of them.
I am speaking this off season as I was offered Baker for Wentz plus in multiple leagues. This off season I made the assessment that Wentz was better, and this season certainly hasn't changed my opinion on it. It has actually solidified it. I think the only way Wentz isn't the better QB is due to injuries. He is able to go through his progressions and extent plays much better than Baker, as well as a few other traits I feel are better. Point being, right now you could easily get Baker plus for Wentz, not the other way around that people were aiming for in the off season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:50 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:59 am And what in the world happened to Baker? Even when the line protected him and he had an open receiver, his accuracy was off on more than a handful of throws. Go watch his tape in college and rookie season - his accuracy rivaled Drew Brees. Now he's missing a wide-open OBJ 20 yards down the field. I don't know if he's skiddish from the amount of pressure he's been under, but he needs to play a lot better.
It's the pressure, it's the lack of O-line, and it's the scheme. He is literally scrambling for his life on what feels like 90% of his plays - and he's not a mobile dude compared to the upper elite QB's with wheels.

I still believe the talent is in there, and will blossom once these things are fixed.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:20 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:50 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:59 am And what in the world happened to Baker? Even when the line protected him and he had an open receiver, his accuracy was off on more than a handful of throws. Go watch his tape in college and rookie season - his accuracy rivaled Drew Brees. Now he's missing a wide-open OBJ 20 yards down the field. I don't know if he's skiddish from the amount of pressure he's been under, but he needs to play a lot better.
It's the pressure, it's the lack of O-line, and it's the scheme. He is literally scrambling for his life on what feels like 90% of his plays - and he's not a mobile dude compared to the upper elite QB's with wheels.

I still believe the talent is in there, and will blossom once these things are fixed.
Whether it was his lack of height, lack of pocket awareness, not making the fast read, or a combination of all 3 killed him last night ... the o-line did him no favors, but he took sacks (including the fumble) when he should’ve gotten rid of the ball.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:34 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 pm I was down by 24 with OBJ & either Baker or Jimmy left to play

...I played Baker :wall:
Some would have said to start the (perceived) better talent. I would have said to avoid the slumping sophomore whose oline was exposed, facing a strong defense coming off the bye.

On a team with Davante Adams and Evans as my top WRs, I squeaked out a win despite vetting Jack from my corps. Scored second fewest points, played lowest scoring team. I'm used to the reverse, so this was a nice change.
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:43 pm

Their passing game isn't lethal, but they run the ball well and their play action is good. George Kittle being a complete, every down TE gives them so much versatility. He just wins however you use him. Slot, inline, blocker, outside...just an absolutely ridiculous talent. Then, you have Kyle Juszczyk (sp?) who is easily one of the most underappreciated players in football. Just a dangerous blocker in the run game.

If I was the 49ers, someone like Corey Davis or Stefon Diggs would be a significant boost to this offense. They just need that one guy on the outside who you have to respect.