Tre’Quan Smith

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Tre’Quan Smith

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:54 am It is always interesting the player valuations from league to league - and something to pay close attention to, rather than relying solely on consensus pricing (which is a good baseline nonetheless). Tre'Quan Smith is one of those guys who could be added off of waivers in 1 league (just got added in a league today), traded for another flier guy in another, and held on unless getting a rookie pick or player of value in a 3rd league.
Yep, and even within the same league, all it takes is one truther to create a huge value difference. (League size, roster depth, format, etc. obviously changes things a lot league to league too.)

But hey, the value roller coaster is part of the fun (and frustration) of building a FF roster! Death-grip-holds, trades, waivers, "weird" rookie draft picks - all these moves wouldn't happen without at least one person having wildly different takes on the same player.

For example, Tre'Quan Smith was someone I wanted in the rookie draft last year, got sniped literally one pick ahead of me, then he surprisingly got traded this year during the rookie draft so the other team could move up and pick up Deebo Samuel.

Fast forward to this week, Smith gets dropped during waivers (guessing because of some combination of Smith being injured pretty much all year, similar/better options on wire, and the owner has so many injured players rostered already), so I grabbed him, dumping Ito Smith back into the pool... whom that team then picked up - essentially a Smith for Smith trade!

Concerned about Tre'Quan's injuries, but it's cool to actually have him on my team as a dart throw... until my next roster move! :wink:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:05 am

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:44 am
ArrylT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:54 am It is always interesting the player valuations from league to league - and something to pay close attention to, rather than relying solely on consensus pricing (which is a good baseline nonetheless). Tre'Quan Smith is one of those guys who could be added off of waivers in 1 league (just got added in a league today), traded for another flier guy in another, and held on unless getting a rookie pick or player of value in a 3rd league.
Yep, and even within the same league, all it takes is one truther to create a huge value difference. (League size, roster depth, format, etc. obviously changes things a lot league to league too.)

But hey, the value roller coaster is part of the fun (and frustration) of building a FF roster! Death-grip-holds, trades, waivers, "weird" rookie draft picks - all these moves wouldn't happen without at least one person having wildly different takes on the same player.

For example, Tre'Quan Smith was someone I wanted in the rookie draft last year, got sniped literally one pick ahead of me, then he surprisingly got traded this year during the rookie draft so the other team could move up and pick up Deebo Samuel.

Fast forward to this week, Smith gets dropped during waivers (guessing because of some combination of Smith being injured pretty much all year, similar/better options on wire, and the owner has so many injured players rostered already), so I grabbed him, dumping Ito Smith back into the pool... whom that team then picked up - essentially a Smith for Smith trade!

Concerned about Tre'Quan's injuries, but it's cool to actually have him on my team as a dart throw... until my next roster move! :wink:
Funny how things play out. In one league I am in players dropped are immediately available, so sometimes a player add/drop can start a cascade of follow-up transactions by other owners, as the rosters are a little on the shallow side.

I only have 1 share of Smith so I am not really invested, but hopefully he'll get on the field soon enough and take another step. But I have no idea if that is soon or not as havent found any recent blurbs.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:14 am

Anything to be encouraged by here? Got a TD and season high in targets last week? (though only 4)

Managed to snag him for free but really hoping he shows something the next few weeks to put off WR as a draft need for the Saints

jchoi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jchoi » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:31 am

I really like him, but the injuries have really derailed a promising season. I’m holding for now.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:15 am Well they don't have a second already and have other more glaring needs on the roster, I'd be more worried about FA signings
Good call - does the Manny Sanders signing make Tre'quan Smith droppable? Or still a hold?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:26 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:01 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:15 am Well they don't have a second already and have other more glaring needs on the roster, I'd be more worried about FA signings
Good call - does the Manny Sanders signing make Tre'quan Smith droppable? Or still a hold?
Unless it's a deep bench, he's droppable.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:03 pm

Still remember when I drafted him, someone told me he viewed him as a 10 PPG kind of WR, then traded me Kupp (who he viewed as a 8 PPG kind of WR) for Smith. Memories...
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.