Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

Postby nathanq42 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:15 am

I think he will still produce top 7 or so TE numbers, but it'll be hard for him to command 117 targets again... only saving grace is that typically WRs dont pop in their first years (some do obviously but its a gradual transition for the most part) and Ruggs doesn't operate in the same areas of the field that Waller would, so maybe his efficiency could see a boost with Ruggs and Tyrell taking the tops off defenses while his volume goes down? He did also just get paid big time, so I assume Gruden has a decent plan drawn up for him. All in all... could go either way...
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

Ray Finkle
Captain
Captain

Re: Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed May 27, 2020 1:07 pm

I like him and expect pretty much the same fantasy output which was pretty darn good last season. My guess is that the yardage will come down 150-200 yards but those points will be made up with 2-3 more tds. If he does throw down targets, receptions and yardage like that again though, it’ll be big time because I can’t imagine he is held to only 3 tds like last year.

With all that said, I traded him away a couple weeks ago in a package to get Miles