Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Darren Waller...is he the real deal?

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 am

Has Waller moved into the top 5 TEs?

This article says the Raiders can move on from him without any cap hit after this year- https://www.dynastynerds.com/i-am-the-waller-us/
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:31 am

He has cooled off a fair bit thus far this season alone.

He was a pretty obvious sell, and the only reason you should be holding is if you're desperate for TE production this year.
The bottom line is, because of how barren a wasteland TE is and how little points TEs put up compared to other positions in traditional leagues - TEs like Waller come along every year.

I mean hell - look at how Jacob Hollister is emerging.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:33 am

Raiders aren't cutting him unless he has a relapse, but no he's not a top 5 TE not sure I would even put him top 10.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:23 am

He looks like he is an NFL caliber tight end, but I would be surprised if this wasn’t his best season. It is a perfect storm in Oakland where they are trying to play ball control D partly because of having no real downfield weapons. Renfrow is probably their slot WR for the future, but I would be surprised if I’m two years both their outside WR’s are still the starters.

Carr’s TE has had a lot of value the last two years, but when they upgrade their outside WR’s it will go down.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:28 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 am
IZigUZag wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:10 am Who have been the TE leaders in YPRR this year? Also, how does Waller stack there at the moment?
According to playerprofiler:

#1 - Foster Moreau
#2 - Darren Waller
#3 - Mark Andrews
#4 - George Kittle
#5 - Will Dissly
#6 - Hunter Henry
#7 - Travis Kelce
#8 - Tyler Higbee
#9 - Austin Hooper
#10 - Eric Ebron

Other sites keep track of this stat as well, but I don't think it's easily accessible to the public.

I should also mention that the while the actual numbers reported varies from site to site because of different measuring methods; the rankings usually fall in line with one another.
Very surprised to not see Everett on there.
For those doubting the predictive abilities of Yards per route run.. this snapshot was taken while Higbee was still playing second fiddle to Gerald Everett :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Dang I gotta go sell Mark Andrews for Foster Moroue

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:03 pm Dang I gotta go sell Mark Andrews for Foster Moroue
No Moreau owner would take that trade, you’d have to give more, much much more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:19 pm

I’ve got a decent offer on the table for draft picks and I think I’m gonna get out. He was nice to own this season but despite the likeliness of more TDs coming his way in the future, I just don’t see how his non td production/situation gets better than it was this season.

On a side note...how does Goedert slot in value wise with Waller around these parts? I feel like Goedert can become a serious stud so I am leaning toward selling Waller and moving forward with Goedert even though it will cost me a few fantasy points in 2020 I’m sure.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:54 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:19 pm I’ve got a decent offer on the table for draft picks and I think I’m gonna get out. He was nice to own this season but despite the likeliness of more TDs coming his way in the future, I just don’t see how his non td production/situation gets better than it was this season.

On a side note...how does Goedert slot in value wise with Waller around these parts? I feel like Goedert can become a serious stud so I am leaning toward selling Waller and moving forward with Goedert even though it will cost me a few fantasy points in 2020 I’m sure.
Depends what the offer is. I have Goedert, Waller and Kittle in a TE premium league myself, and was thinking of moving Waller, if the price was right. Is it standard PPR? With Goedert, he's going to be capped as long as Ertz is there, unfortunately.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Unless Austin Hooper leaves the Falcons Waller will be the sell of all sells at TE during the offseason imo. The Raiders are going to bring in a #1 WR, Renfrow continues to improve finishing the season with 2 monster games, Moreau will be back from injury, will be another season for Tyrell Williams to get integrated in the offense.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm

metalmat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:03 pm Unless Austin Hooper leaves the Falcons Waller will be the sell of all sells at TE during the offseason imo. The Raiders are going to bring in a #1 WR, Renfrow continues to improve finishing the season with 2 monster games, Moreau will be back from injury, will be another season for Tyrell Williams to get integrated in the offense.
IDK. Carr loves him. He's a mismatch. A lot of times teams double him or put a top corner on him to take him out of the game. Just like Kittle wasn't going to sustain his numbers from a year ago, it doesn't mean you sell. I still think he pushes 100 targets next year, and I could definitely see more than 3 TD's. He came close to scoring numerous times. I'd be surprised if he didn't have more TD's next year. Moreau didn't affect him when he played, so that's not really relevant. If you don't get top value, he's a hold to me.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm
metalmat wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:03 pm Unless Austin Hooper leaves the Falcons Waller will be the sell of all sells at TE during the offseason imo. The Raiders are going to bring in a #1 WR, Renfrow continues to improve finishing the season with 2 monster games, Moreau will be back from injury, will be another season for Tyrell Williams to get integrated in the offense.
IDK. Carr loves him. He's a mismatch. A lot of times teams double him or put a top corner on him to take him out of the game. Just like Kittle wasn't going to sustain his numbers from a year ago, it doesn't mean you sell. I still think he pushes 100 targets next year, and I could definitely see more than 3 TD's. He came close to scoring numerous times. I'd be surprised if he didn't have more TD's next year. Moreau didn't affect him when he played, so that's not really relevant. If you don't get top value, he's a hold to me.
What is top value? Are owners going to give a late 1 for him?
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Madadamus wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm
What is top value? Are owners going to give a late 1 for him?
I think it's possible. Depends how hyped they are about this class. The guy had 90 catches for 1,145 yards, I wouldn't sell for less.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:03 am

100% agree with this. I'd sell for any 1st. Waller's season was extremely volume-dependent with JAGs like Williams and Renfrow as Carr's only WRs (when healthy), and there's always the risk of relapse with his history of substance abuse suspensions.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:56 am

With all the weapons the raiders added in the draft, think this hurts Waller?

What value do you put on him now, think he's a 1 year wonder?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh