Common draft mistakes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynastyman
Role Player
Role Player

Common draft mistakes

Postby Dynastyman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 pm

What are some of everyone's common draft mistakes. The mistakes you keep making even though you tell yourself you won't do it again. I for a couple of years traded #1 picks for veteran players that I thought would put me over the top but in fact were dreadful mistakes (Braylon Edwards for the #10 overall pick in 2009) and 2006 Traded i believe the #6 pick for Ahman Green which I basically traded to have to cover a bye week and of course the week I needed him he was HURT. anyway, I learned my lesson from now on if I trade out of a pick i make sure I get another pick for it. Anyone else have any horror stories like these?
QBS- Vick,R. Wilson, Flynn, Palmer
RBS- Sproles, Spiller, R. Bush, Tate, J. Stewart
WRS- L. Moore, S. Rice, D. Thomas,Wayne
TES- Miller, Celek
K'S- Hartley
DEF/ST Denver, New Orleans

2002 pts champion, 2007 HTH champion
league scoring: 6 pts all tds. non ppr. 10 teams, 18 roster spots. Start 2 QBS, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1TE, 1K, 1 Def/St.

Dynastyman
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Common draft mistakes

Postby Dynastyman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:39 pm

plus, the player that was on the board at #6 in 2006 was Joseph Addai who I could have had if I kept the pick. DREADFUL
QBS- Vick,R. Wilson, Flynn, Palmer
RBS- Sproles, Spiller, R. Bush, Tate, J. Stewart
WRS- L. Moore, S. Rice, D. Thomas,Wayne
TES- Miller, Celek
K'S- Hartley
DEF/ST Denver, New Orleans

2002 pts champion, 2007 HTH champion
league scoring: 6 pts all tds. non ppr. 10 teams, 18 roster spots. Start 2 QBS, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1TE, 1K, 1 Def/St.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 pm

I took over a guys team in a 10-year old dynasty league. Non-ppr, I took over in 2007.

Not sure what the guy was doing, but he had not drafted a RB in the first round since Ron Dayne in 2000. He was also a huge Detroit Lions fan, not only drafting Rogers and Williams, but sticking with the Lions DST and the Lions K.

That combination (no RBs in a standard scoring league and being a Lions homer) doomed the team. It took major revisions to get it back into shape.
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 am

The Pyrate wrote:I took over a guys team in a 10-year old dynasty league. Non-ppr, I took over in 2007.

Not sure what the guy was doing, but he had not drafted a RB in the first round since Ron Dayne in 2000. He was also a huge Detroit Lions fan, not only drafting Rogers and Williams, but sticking with the Lions DST and the Lions K.

That combination (no RBs in a standard scoring league and being a Lions homer) doomed the team. It took major revisions to get it back into shape.
I had almost the exact situation, minus DET stuff. it was 2007, no RB's and had ron dayne lol. except this was my first go at dynasty.. oh man did I bleep this team up... I for some reason thought my team was close so I traded away my draft pick for pennington and a few other bone head moves.

well from 2007-2009 I won about 3 games total including an 0-12 season which i won a little trophy of a guy taking a dump in a outhouse lol.

I feel I'm on the right track now after some real tough lessons learned.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

souzacfh
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby souzacfh » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:10 am

I traded late 1st round picks for R. Bush and Sims-Walker before the 2010 season. Along with Posluzny for Henne. I wish I had all that back and this year I traded a late 1 for Britt. Yah some smart moves I know.
QB : Lawrence, Tua, White
RB : Barkley, Connor, Pacheco, Fournette, Foreman, Breida, Edmonds
WR : Meyers, Sutton, Cooks, Chark, Z. Jones, T. Marshall, T. Burks, J. Williams, J. Dotson, J. Metchie
TE: Hock, Njoku, McBride, Otton
DE : Lawrence, Ngakoue, Hubbard, Landry (I Guess)
LB : Warner, Spillane, Luvu, K. White, Lloyd, Ellis,
CB : Davis, Gardner, Henderson
S: Delpit, Curl, Scott

C.F.H. The Franchise