pre-free agnecy buy/sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
burning sensation
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

pre-free agnecy buy/sell?

Postby burning sensation » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 am

are there any players that you are looking to buy low before free agency hits? guys who could be a real bargain? what about players you would dump before free agency who might lose significant value? this is all speculation based on where you think players will go, but i'm interested in opinions....

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: pre-free agnecy buy/sell?

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:45 am

I consider Slaton a great buy low right now. Rumor has it that he will be featured heavily in pre-season action to spark trade offers. He's only 25 years old and when healthy is a great PPR RB...

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:02 am

Steelersfan wrote:I consider Slaton a great buy low right now. Rumor has it that he will be featured heavily in pre-season action to spark trade offers. He's only 25 years old and when healthy is a great PPR RB...
I was able to pick him up off the waiver wire, he should be a good No. 2 RB when he gets traded. There's absolutely no question he has what it takes to start in the NFL, looking at his rookie season. The texans were impatient with his fumbles and health issue and after that he was never really given a chance (also has to do with Foster)
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:15 pm

I've seen writers in New England speculating that Jacoby Jones comes on board with the Patriots (who would be a much better value than some of those aging WRs who won't produce enough to warrant the $$$).

I would SELL Michael Bush right now. People think he's going somewhere so they're snatching him up, but there's talk that his first year in the NFL won't count towards his unrestrictedness.

I think James Jones is a buy.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:22 pm

I think James Jones is the poor man's Braylon Edwards and would be selling if I got a half decent offer.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Buy: Steve Smith, Carolina
Owners seem to be willing to take almost anything for him. Age 32 but I could easily see him reaching 36 or 37 like Ward or Mason and be a productive asset for the remainder of his career.

Buy: Kyle Orton
With all the fuss being made about where Kolb will go, a lot of people seem to be ignoring that Orton has been a solid QB over his career and makes a more stable acquisition for an NFL team. He could just end up staying in Denver as the starter as well.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm

skip wrote:Buy: Steve Smith, Carolina
Owners seem to be willing to take almost anything for him. Age 32 but I could easily see him reaching 36 or 37 like Ward or Mason and be a productive asset for the remainder of his career.

Buy: Kyle Orton
With all the fuss being made about where Kolb will go, a lot of people seem to be ignoring that Orton has been a solid QB over his career and makes a more stable acquisition for an NFL team. He could just end up staying in Denver as the starter as well.

I agree. Smith has been pretty healthy over his career. He could be a top WR well into his 30's... of course it might help if he were on a better passing team, like the Chargers (as has been rumored) or the Patriots.

I've been high on Orton since his Chicago days. He has been an absolute stud for the better half of the last 2 seasons in Denver. His play went down hill as the teams play went downhill. Not sure who to actually blame for that though. Maybe it was just the Broncos winning with smoke and mirrors and things finally crashed and burned.
Can you imagine him in Arizona throwing to Fitz and the others?? He would be far better (and cheaper) in the long run than Kolb. IMO

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges