Jordan Howard

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RAB
Role Player
Role Player

No love for Jordan Howard

Postby RAB » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Someone help me understand why Jordan Howard gets no love. I know he doesn't have elite speed. I know he's not a flashy runner. I know he's a boring runner on a boring team but......He's been a RB1 and top 5 in rushing yards both years he's been in the league despite the fact that he's been on awful teams and defenses stack the box against him. He can catch the ball when it's actually thrown to him. Fairly consistent week to week. No health issues or off field issues.

My team is heavy at RB so I've been looking to trade him for WR. Exactly ZERO people in my league are interested in him at all. I'm not trying to get Hopkins or OBJ or Evans or Thomas. I'm asking about Julio, TY, Adams, Theilen and Diggs types. Those players' owners wont even engage in dialog. They simply say "I don't like Howard". I'm not even opposed to adding to Howard for these players but it doesn't even get that far.

It's really frustrating considering underachieving players like Cooper and Watkins are always in demand. Is it simply a WR vs RB thing? Now that he actually has a team around him maybe I should just keep him on my team and draft WRs. I can start 5 RBs. I'm not asking for Team advice here, I simply asking why people think Howards value is so low. Thanks!!
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
QB-Lamar Jackson, Garoppolo
RB-Barkley, CMC, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, D.J.
WR-K.Allen, Diggs, Arob, Fitzgerald, James Washington, D.Johnson
TE- Ertz, Goedert, Hockenson

Oddball456
Captain
Captain

Re: No love for Jordan Howard

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:55 pm

5th round draft pick, doesn't catch passes so people don't see the value.

Buy him up is the real solution here.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:57 pm

It’s a very fair question. I’m surprised the owners of Thielen and Hilton wouldn’t even be open to a counter.

I suppose I could be counted among the ranks of Howard “haters” over the last year or so, as I definitely don’t think he’s a special talent at all. I think he’s closer to Jeremy Hill, Isaiah Crowell, and Alf Morris on a talent & ability level. But as we have seen, the right system and a decent O-line can make a lot of backs look incredible!
TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
BREES, Jimmy G, Haskins, Lock, Keenum
COOK/JACOBS/BELL, Gurley, D Washington, Shady, Gio, Gallman, M Davis, Rodney A
NUK/HILL/EVANS/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, Hilton, Edelman, Wims, Dez
KITTLE, Waller, Irv, Akins, Graham
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get slight bump in scoring
GOFF, Darnold, Brissett, Tyrod
SAQUON/MIXON, Gallman, L Miller
NUK/EVANS/OBJ/K ALLEN/THIELEN, Hollywood, Edelman, R Anderson, A Tate, Coutee
KITTLE/ENGRAM, Ian Thomas, James O
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Really surprised you didn't get dialogue from the Hilton owner. Howard isn't sexy at all, but he continues to get it done.
Team 1: 12 Team Superflex - 1PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1SF, 1Flex
QB: Wilson, Rivers, Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, MRudolph
RB: Freeman, Ingram, Penny, RMostert, JWilliams, JHill, BHill, Ajayi
WR: DAdams, Diggs, Kupp, NHarry, GTate, LFitz, Slayton, KJohnson, Amendola, Coutee
TE: Ertz, Olsen, Gronk (RIP)

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Winston
RB: Bell, Guice, Connor, Freeman, Ingram, McCoy, DThompson
WR: OBJ, Godwin, Sutton, MWilliams, ABrown, Sanu, PWilliams, KJohnson, JMeyers
TE: Kelce
2020 Picks:1.01, 1.05

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Last May I traded Sammy Watkins + a 2018 4th for Howard, Perriman, 2017 3.9 (Mahomes), 2018 2nd. No regrets there. Howard is a nice RB but his ceiling is limited in PPR. That offense is on the way up though which should only help him.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:32 pm

RAB wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm
Someone help me understand why Jordan Howard gets no love. I know he doesn't have elite speed. I know he's not a flashy runner. I know he's a boring runner on a boring team but......He's been a RB1 and top 5 in rushing yards both years he's been in the league despite the fact that he's been on awful teams and defenses stack the box against him. He can catch the ball when it's actually thrown to him. Fairly consistent week to week. No health issues or off field issues.

My team is heavy at RB so I've been looking to trade him for WR. Exactly ZERO people in my league are interested in him at all. I'm not trying to get Hopkins or OBJ or Evans or Thomas. I'm asking about Julio, TY, Adams, Theilen and Diggs types. Those players' owners wont even engage in dialog. They simply say "I don't like Howard". I'm not even opposed to adding to Howard for these players but it doesn't even get that far.

It's really frustrating considering underachieving players like Cooper and Watkins are always in demand. Is it simply a WR vs RB thing? Now that he actually has a team around him maybe I should just keep him on my team and draft WRs. I can start 5 RBs. I'm not asking for Team advice here, I simply asking why people think Howards value is so low. Thanks!!
Technically he finished 6th last year... :shh:
But agree with others, PPR backs obviously are sexier due to their receiving points. Of the 5 guys who ran for more yards than him last year, they all finished AT LEAST 30 catches ahead of him.
I remember passing on Howard in my rookie draft after not being impressed after scouting him. It stung that he had success right away, but I keep forgetting about him, which reminds me of Alfred Morris. He should do fine again this year with all the weapons they have on offense, just don't expect owners coming to you begging you to trade him.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, J. Driskel
RB- D. Cook, J. Jacobs, D. Freeman, J. McKinnon, D. Johnson, B. Scarbrough, Jo. Williams, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, K.Stills, C. Sutton, M. Brown, S. Miller, J. Watson, J. Doctson, Dez
TE- G. Kittle, C. Herndon, B. Watson
'20 Picks- 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:45 pm

I'd love to be able to buy him up cheaply...if I owned a Thielen or a Diggs, they'd be on the next plane out so I could get my hands on Howard.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

mgscott
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mgscott » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:51 pm

I see the same thing in my league, which isn't ppr. He isn't flashy, and doesn't have top end speed. But he is one of the best runners in the league with vision and the ability to get through a hole with burst. Also being in a Bears offense that has been boring and predictable the first two years doesn't help his perception. He should continue to produce well, and likely even better this year with an improved offense, so will probably be a hold.

I haven't been actively trading him, but the only offers I receive are very low ball. I don't think he's worth one of the elite WRs like you said, but Cooper and Adams are similar values in my opinion. It's just that Cooper especially, still has the name value so owners wont part with him.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 pm

I would have had the same reply as a Hilton or Thielen owner. Thanks for the offer, but I am just not a fan of Howard.

I don't see his upside being much higher than what he showed the last couple years, which was RB10 and RB14 in PPR despite finishing 2nd and 6th in rushing yards. Even in non-ppr, he is always going to be at risk of being replaced in high leverage situations like 2nd/3rd and long. Those aren't the RBs I am looking to invest in.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:05 pm

As a Thielen owner and even being RB needy, I would have zero interest in trading him for Howard. Realistically you'll need to aim lower than the WRs you named.

He is somewhat safe if you value him around an RB2 type; but most of his owners want RB1 value. I think he is overvalued, personally.

His upside is very limited and while he has posted decent rushing stats, you can get RB2s who are involved in the passing game at a substantially cheaper rate.

Another reason I do not like him is that I really do not feel he is special and would not be extremely difficult for a talented rookie to usurp.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Phaded wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:05 pm
Realistically you'll need to aim lower than the WRs you named.
Better plan is not too move him at all. No sense in underselling. He's going to have another solid year and it should be better than last season with an improved offense in Chicago.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:22 pm

skip wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:17 pm
Phaded wrote:
Better plan is not too move him at all. No sense in underselling. He's going to have another solid year and it should be better than last season with an improved offense in Chicago.
This...I was more or less going to say just hold on to him. Sounds to me like you are targeting the right tier of WRs, just not finding the right trade partners.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:26 pm

skip wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:17 pm
Phaded wrote:
Agreed. Just keep him. RB's win fantasy titles. WR's look pretty on paper. This offense is potentially the best he's been on since being in the league as well.

KingsKing
Starter
Starter

Postby KingsKing » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I think the real issue is people might be affraid how he fits into the new scheme they wil be running, rumours they tried to trade him for Landry this past offseason and the fact his new coach likes rbs that can catch passes might limit his touches this coming season. I would not be shocked to see Chicago draft a Rb in the 3rd 4th round and move on from Howard via trade or after his contract expires.