A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:44 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:42 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:31 am His first 3 games were against Chicago, Minnesota, and Denver defenses.
Yeah, but Rodgers used to be pretty good against even the toughest defenses. If you watch the games, he just doesn't look the same. Still very good, but not that "best QB in the league" spark.
I don't disagree that Rodgers isn't the same QB he was, but I think rolling out a new offense against three pretty good defenses will be tough on anyone.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:45 am

Some of you need your head examined Rodgers is still a top 5 QB in dynasty y'all are absolutely insane. Y'all are insane 3 week trends aren't the end all be all. Chark and Mclaurin aren't the best WRs in the NFL let's settle down people
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:21 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:26 am
Ice wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:14 pm A Balanced offense is not good for QB production. Rodgers is fine but he won’t put up the numbers he use to week in and week out.

NFL wise the defense is really good and a ball control offense will help them win.

Rodgers May be more inconsistent in week to week scoring but the team looks better.

Btw, I would start Daniel over him given the match up
Balanced as in they can't run or pass that well? Ha.

Seriously though, you have a point. When teams want to focus on the run to control the clock and help the defense, there's less passing production. That may be what the new Packers regime wants, much like what the Vikings are doing.

Edit: just looked up the stats. Packers are #28 in total yards. The offense is really bad through three games.
😁

New system and tough defenses have helped make it a rocky start offensively but it hasn’t hurt in the win column due to outstanding defensive play on their end.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:41 am

It may be different this time. Typically if I draft or acquire Rodgers in redraft is when he really tanks. Hasn't thrown an interception all season - I trade for him and he promptly throws two. I draft him, and he gets hurt within the first few weeks.

It may be different this time because I own him nowhere, so this is all on him.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 am

koalabear wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:51 am He's not a top 10 dynasty QB anymore.
This post will look extremely silly in 4 years when he throws 35 TD's for the 3rd straight year.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 am

There is a crazy obsession with young QB's in fantasy football. Older QB's are where it's at. The QB position is so hard and they're asked to do so much now, they don't master the position until their mid 30's anymore. Ben, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ryan, Romo, all had/have their best or some of their best seasons later in their careers. Too much obsession over the "10+ years of value" on these young QB's who for the most part take years to figure out if they're even any good.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:21 am

This isn’t just a transition issue due to a change of system. The new system has less receiving options on a regular basis. They run two TEs or a TE & a FB on roughly 50% of their plays. Allison is getting roughly 50% snap share as the third WR, when previously the third guy was getting high 70s.

Aaron Jones does not appear to be any better of a fit for this offense than Lewis was last year in Tennessee which means they’re leaning on Williams, who is more reliable than good. While I wouldn’t worry about Rodgers, I think the days of targeting every Green Bay receiver that shows a little promise are probably over. I’d be moving on from guys like Kumerow & ESB and would probably try to move Allison if you can.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:33 am

Jason3123 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 am There is a crazy obsession with young QB's in fantasy football. Older QB's are where it's at. The QB position is so hard and they're asked to do so much now, they don't master the position until their mid 30's anymore. Ben, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ryan, Romo, all had/have their best or some of their best seasons later in their careers. Too much obsession over the "10+ years of value" on these young QB's who for the most part take years to figure out if they're even any good.
Remember when people were excited to have Mariota for the next 20 years

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:26 am

It's a combination of things, but one thing impacting Adams not too many people are bringing up is MVS - Marquez continues to improve and is coming off a big game. Always liked him, hopefully he has another good game tonight.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:45 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:33 am
Jason3123 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:17 am There is a crazy obsession with young QB's in fantasy football. Older QB's are where it's at. The QB position is so hard and they're asked to do so much now, they don't master the position until their mid 30's anymore. Ben, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ryan, Romo, all had/have their best or some of their best seasons later in their careers. Too much obsession over the "10+ years of value" on these young QB's who for the most part take years to figure out if they're even any good.
Remember when people were excited to have Mariota for the next 20 years
I remember vividly..Carr, Teddy B, RG3, Cam, Luck, hell even Jimmy G was crazy overrated in dynasty rankings. Who will be next to massively disappoint dynasty players? Allen, Trubisky (well on his way), Lamar, Darnold, Baker, etc..

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:13 pm

I've watched all the games as a Packer fan ofc, but what concerns me most is how Rodgers seems to just immediately get rid of the ball after a couple reads. He isn't waiting anymore, and sometimes I think he thinks the pass rush is there before it is due to previous bad lines. It has not helped to go against a murderers row of defensive pass rushes for three straight weeks, but he will lead the NFL in throwaways again possibly and that isn't good for fantasy.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:58 pm Tom Brady finished QB19 after 2016 ended. A lot of people wrote him off saying this was the starting of the end. Next 2 years Brady finished top 12 QB both years in most if not all QB scoring formats, and is currently a QB1 again in 2019.

Regardless Aaron Rodgers is still doing better than Baker Mayfield, Mitch Trubisky & Kirk Cousins. Toss in the fact that 3 normal QB1s are out for a few more weeks, if not the rest of the season - Roethlisberger, Brees & Newton - and the odds seem friendly to the idea that Aaron Rodgers could challenge for a QB1 position.

Final thought:

Matt Ryan was a QB1 in 2016. Change of system & co-ordinator occured in 2017. Matt Ryan was not a QB1 that year.

After getting used to the system - Matt Ryan was a QB1 in 2018. Matt Ryan, with a better OC using a similar system, is again a QB1 in 2019 atm.

I mention this mainly to make 2 points

(a) Bet against elite players at your own risk

(b) I hope this is more re-draft / 2019 focused than a belief that Aaron Rodgers will never be a QB1 again in dynasty.
/thread.

Seriously. It amazes me how quick to react we can be in a game where patience pays dividends. It has been 3 games. The Broncos have allowed the 6th fewest passing yards per game, the Vikings have allowed the 11th fewest, and the Bears the 14th fewest. All three of these teams rank in the T12 for overall defense at this point in the season.

Rodgers has gone 3-0 against them. He is going to be fine. If anything, now is the time to buy him considering his price has dropped considerably with panicky owners thinking he is cooked an way too small a sample size.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:46 pm

blemly wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm Seriously. It amazes me how quick to react we can be in a game where patience pays dividends. It has been 3 games. The Broncos have allowed the 6th fewest passing yards per game, the Vikings have allowed the 11th fewest, and the Bears the 14th fewest. All three of these teams rank in the T12 for overall defense at this point in the season.

Rodgers has gone 3-0 against them. He is going to be fine. If anything, now is the time to buy him considering his price has dropped considerably with panicky owners thinking he is cooked an way too small a sample size.
Devil's advocate here. It's not just three games that have people questioning Rodgers & the Pack offense. Add last season to it.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:46 pm
blemly wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm Seriously. It amazes me how quick to react we can be in a game where patience pays dividends. It has been 3 games. The Broncos have allowed the 6th fewest passing yards per game, the Vikings have allowed the 11th fewest, and the Bears the 14th fewest. All three of these teams rank in the T12 for overall defense at this point in the season.

Devil's advocate here. It's not just three games that have people questioning Rodgers & the Pack offense. Add last season to it.
So basically since they lost most of their WR talent?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah let's face it.. it's ARod, Adams and a bunch of scrubs.

I also agree with whoever said age is overemphasized for QB. Yes you could hit on a Mahomes but for every one of those there are dozens of young guys that fizzle out.