A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4111
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:33 pm

By average, Aaron Rodgers is 24th in average QB scoring this year, depending on format.

Again depending on the metrics used, GB is something like 25th in offensive pace.

Is Rodgers even a must-start QB1 anymore?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1 Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 R/W, 1 Def

User avatar
kamihamster
Captain
Captain
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:28 am

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby kamihamster » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Danny Dimes vs WAS or ARod vs PHI? Seriously thinking of benching ARod for the rookie.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11682
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Phaded » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I just know that when I bench him is when he goes off.
Do you want a logical debate?
You are in the wrong place.

User avatar
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3004
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:16 pm

The Eagles are horrendous at defending the pass. Enjoy your W's with the GB passing offense this Thursday.

Online
Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Lumps » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:16 pm
The Eagles are horrendous at defending the pass. Enjoy your W's with the GB passing offense this Thursday.
And Darby is out too. Though, arguably, he's part of the problem for Philly.

Go Pack Go!
Image

Johnny B. Goode
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:50 pm

His days are long gone. He will be looked at as an elite qb for a couple more years though

User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8114
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Tom Brady finished QB19 after 2016 ended. A lot of people wrote him off saying this was the starting of the end. Next 2 years Brady finished top 12 QB both years in most if not all QB scoring formats, and is currently a QB1 again in 2019.

Regardless Aaron Rodgers is still doing better than Baker Mayfield, Mitch Trubisky & Kirk Cousins. Toss in the fact that 3 normal QB1s are out for a few more weeks, if not the rest of the season - Roethlisberger, Brees & Newton - and the odds seem friendly to the idea that Aaron Rodgers could challenge for a QB1 position.

Final thought:

Matt Ryan was a QB1 in 2016. Change of system & co-ordinator occured in 2017. Matt Ryan was not a QB1 that year.

After getting used to the system - Matt Ryan was a QB1 in 2018. Matt Ryan, with a better OC using a similar system, is again a QB1 in 2019 atm.

I mention this mainly to make 2 points

(a) Bet against elite players at your own risk

(b) I hope this is more re-draft / 2019 focused than a belief that Aaron Rodgers will never be a QB1 again in dynasty.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6022
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:06 pm

RELAX
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck (IR)
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Ballage, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, D.J. Moore, Cooks, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Parris, Hamilton, Preston (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam (IR)
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Penny, Hunt, J. Samuels, J. Jackson
WR: D.J. Moore, Mike Will, Hollywood, C. Davis, MVS, Deebo, Diontae, KeeSean, AB, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Jonnu, Gesicki
2020: 1, 2, 2
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

Ice
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:14 pm

A Balanced offense is not good for QB production. Rodgers is fine but he won’t put up the numbers he use to week in and week out.

NFL wise the defense is really good and a ball control offense will help them win.

Rodgers May be more inconsistent in week to week scoring but the team looks better.

Btw, I would start Daniel over him given the match up

IZigUZag
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby IZigUZag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 pm

ArrylT wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:58 pm
Tom Brady finished QB19 after 2016 ended. A lot of people wrote him off saying this was the starting of the end. Next 2 years Brady finished top 12 QB both years in most if not all QB scoring formats, and is currently a QB1 again in 2019.

Regardless Aaron Rodgers is still doing better than Baker Mayfield, Mitch Trubisky & Kirk Cousins. Toss in the fact that 3 normal QB1s are out for a few more weeks, if not the rest of the season - Roethlisberger, Brees & Newton - and the odds seem friendly to the idea that Aaron Rodgers could challenge for a QB1 position.

Final thought:

Matt Ryan was a QB1 in 2016. Change of system & co-ordinator occured in 2017. Matt Ryan was not a QB1 that year.

After getting used to the system - Matt Ryan was a QB1 in 2018. Matt Ryan, with a better OC using a similar system, is again a QB1 in 2019 atm.

I mention this mainly to make 2 points

(a) Bet against elite players at your own risk

(b) I hope this is more re-draft / 2019 focused than a belief that Aaron Rodgers will never be a QB1 again in dynasty.
Until the packers get some serious receiver help I dont think Rodgers is a must start QB. Certainly not in LaFleurs offense.

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3104
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:26 am

Ice wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:14 pm
A Balanced offense is not good for QB production. Rodgers is fine but he won’t put up the numbers he use to week in and week out.

NFL wise the defense is really good and a ball control offense will help them win.

Rodgers May be more inconsistent in week to week scoring but the team looks better.

Btw, I would start Daniel over him given the match up
Balanced as in they can't run or pass that well? Ha.

Seriously though, you have a point. When teams want to focus on the run to control the clock and help the defense, there's less passing production. That may be what the new Packers regime wants, much like what the Vikings are doing.

Edit: just looked up the stats. Packers are #28 in total yards. The offense is really bad through three games.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

koalabear
Captain
Captain
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 am

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby koalabear » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:51 am

He's not a top 10 dynasty QB anymore.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 5
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Guice, Michel, Sanders
WR: JuJu, Allen, Hilton, Woods, Fuller, Anderson
TE: Irv Smith, Doyle
2020: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr3
QB: Wilson, Jackson, Brady
RB: Lindsay, Ingram, Michel, Harris, Hines, Singletary
WR: Adams, Diggs, Lockett, Shepard, Campbell, JJAW
TE: Fant, Dissly, McDonald, Seals-Jones
2020: 4th

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8716
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:31 am

His first 3 games were against Chicago, Minnesota, and Denver defenses.

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4731
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby dlf_mikeh » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:34 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:31 am
His first 3 games were against Chicago, Minnesota, and Denver defenses.
Jigga94 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:06 pm
RELAX
Phaded wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm
I just know that when I bench him is when he goes off.
These three summarize my feelings.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3104
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: A-Fraud- Rodgers and the GB offense

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:42 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:31 am
His first 3 games were against Chicago, Minnesota, and Denver defenses.
Yeah, but Rodgers used to be pretty good against even the toughest defenses. If you watch the games, he just doesn't look the same. Still very good, but not that "best QB in the league" spark.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, cantguardjay, Lumps, PTW32 and 12 guests