Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Davante Adams

Postby Hjorimir » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:19 pm

If you draft Adams, just park him on your bench for a few years. He should take over for Jordy down the stretch and he'll be fantasy gold at that point.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Bubba1104
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bubba1104 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Personally I like Adams but if Cobb resigns I wouldnt want him on any of my teams at the price of a top 10 rookie pick.
Qb ,rb ,rb ,wr ,wr ,wr, rb/wr ,te ,k ,d : Ppr scoring
Team 1
Qb: Newton, Bridgewater
Rb: Morris, Bernard,Helu,Sproles,Starks
Wr: Nelson,Vjax, Fitz, J. Matthews, Cooks, A. Robinson, Decker , Hunter,T. Smith
Te: Rudolph, Gates

Team 2:
Qb:Luck,Pryor, Glennon
RB: D.Martin, Ridley, L. Miller, Franklin, Michael Turbin,Woodhead, Mcgahee
Wr: Fitz, VJax,A. Brown, Britt, Randle,Wheaton, Woods, Kerley
Te: Chandler, Clay, Ertz
[/color]Team 3:
QB:Eli, Freeman,Fitzpatrick,Tannehill
RB:Lynch,K.Smith,Leshoure,Hunter,L.James,Turbin,Gray
Wr:Aj Green,Julio,Nelson,Djax,Llyod,V.Brown,Broyles,Jenkins
Te:Dickson

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 pm

DLFiend wrote:
rock-hammerson wrote:
sloth8u wrote:im not going to argue who the best wr on the team is. both are very productive. i do feel that due to age, cobb is more valuable to them and is considered their long term target of the two. i get the whole chatter about cobb manning the slot, but ive read reports that they are looking to move him to the outside and take away kick return duties. when talking about gb resigning guys i think its important to look at their history and that tells us that jordy at 29 and cobb at 24 has to be taken into consideration.
I think this is the best analysis on the subject. It's hard to avoid the stance the current regime takes on veteran WR's.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

So what, Jordy re-signed. Did Cobb leave GB this weekend and I missed it go down?

Save your impressions of the ghost that's in your closet until Cobb leaves the Packers.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:30 am

Bubba1104 wrote:Personally I like Adams but if Cobb resigns I wouldnt want him on any of my teams at the price of a top 10 rookie pick.
I felt they would sign both Cobb and Nelson so I avoided Adams (he went between 1.5 and 1.10 in my leagues so it wasn't difficult to do).

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 pm

DYNOmite wrote:
Bubba1104 wrote:Personally I like Adams but if Cobb resigns I wouldnt want him on any of my teams at the price of a top 10 rookie pick.
I felt they would sign both Cobb and Nelson so I avoided Adams (he went between 1.5 and 1.10 in my leagues so it wasn't difficult to do).
Where would you rank Adams overall in a rookie draft?
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Maybe I'm biased as a Fresno State fan, but even if Cobb re-signs now; I still think that Adams will have no problem carving a solid role out for himself. I"m not a football coach or big at analyzing, but from my perspective Adams is a physically huge threat and target, with great hands, route running, and non-stop work ethic after the catch. When I watched him play for the Bulldogs, I knew he would be fantastic in the NFL with his size and skills. He was so reliable for Derek Carr (and his super hard thrown passes). He would always make the big catches when driving, and come down with the ball for TD's all the time.

In my opinion as a fan of football, I see Cobb in a percy harbin type role, and Nelson as an Amendola type player. That only leaves Adams for the traditional WR role that I think he will excel at with Rodgers. I'm excited and hope to see him produce this year! Definitely worth drafting. I was lucky enough that he fell down to me at 2.12 in our draft a couple weeks ago. Get him if you can! Will be worth it :)

-Fresno St fan.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 pm

danes1212 wrote:In my opinion as a fan of football, I see Cobb in a percy harbin type role, and Nelson as an Amendola type player. That only leaves Adams for the traditional WR role that I think he will excel at with Rodgers.
what in da fu....

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:01 pm

DLFiend wrote:
danes1212 wrote:In my opinion as a fan of football, I see Cobb in a percy harbin type role, and Nelson as an Amendola type player. That only leaves Adams for the traditional WR role that I think he will excel at with Rodgers.
what in da fu....
Like I said, I'm not a coach and I don't uber analyze game tape. Just my opinion as a fan who's watched the pack play a few times. My main point is that I think Adams will carve out a very nice role for himself (regardless if both Cobb and Nelson re-sign).

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Putting Amendola & Nelson in the same sentence, even paragraph... is laughable.

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:32 pm

PhadedCN wrote:Putting Amendola & Nelson in the same sentence, even paragraph... is laughable.
Thank you for contributing to the conversation. Your input has been very valuable :clap: :crazy: lol

Jecked
Starter
Starter

Postby Jecked » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:53 pm

danes1212 wrote:
PhadedCN wrote:Putting Amendola & Nelson in the same sentence, even paragraph... is laughable.
Thank you for contributing to the conversation. Your input has been very valuable :clap: :crazy: lol
He's right though, they have one thing in common.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:54 pm

danes1212 wrote:
It was as valuable as your actual comparison of Nelson to Amendola.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

danes1212 wrote:
DLFiend wrote:
what in da fu....
Like I said, I'm not a coach and I don't uber analyze game tape. Just my opinion as a fan who's watched the pack play a few times. My main point is that I think Adams will carve out a very nice role for himself (regardless if both Cobb and Nelson re-sign).

I'll ignore your crazy comparison to touch on your greater point - Adams can definitely carve out a nice role for himself as the tertiary target in that attack. He'll put up WR2 fantasy numbers. If Adams develops appropriately, a Nelson - Cobb - Adams WR corps will probably be the best in the NFL.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:14 pm

DLFiend wrote:
what in da fu....
No I agree, Nelson and Amendola have a very distinct style, it's similar to the way Welker, Decker, Wayne Chrebet, Brandon Stokely, Ed McCaffery, and Ricky Proehl played. Scrappy, smart, hard working, tough, deceptively fast, does all the little things, blue collar, plays the game the right way, real student of the game, great fundamentals, a real fan-favorite because they're such high character guys.

:wall:
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Don't forget Joe Jurevicius!