Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Re: Davante Adams - Price Check on Aisle 3

Postby Spinkso » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:
Spinkso wrote:Davante Adams value is still the same. With Cobb, DA plays on the outside. If Cobb would have left, Jordy would have kicked inside plenty, with DA still outside. James Jones was WR17 in 2012, and I believe that Adams is for more talented than Jones.
Green Bay is one of the few offenses that is more than capable of producing 3 fantasy relevant receivers. I also wouldn't expect Cobb to hit 1300 or 12 TD's again. I do expect Rodgers to be greater than or equal to in regards to his production in 2015. Adams will get his chance to be a mid WR2 this year.

2012 is rather skewed, he led the league in TD's that year and scored like 2x as many as he did any other.
Rodgers sat out of the second half of three different games, and played ultra conservative clock killer in the halves of two others.
In 2012 Rodgers threw for 4303-39-8
In 2014 Rodgers threw for 4381-38-5
I believe you're thinking of 2011 when he threw 45. Regardless, McCarthy is stepping aside in the playcalling to give Rodgers more freedom and to become more aggressive. It's not a leap to think that Rodgers will throw 40 TDs, 4500 yards this year.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:07 am

Spinkso wrote: Adams will get his chance to be a mid WR2 this year.
'Mid-WR2'? That is just not happening, if we assume Nelson will continue his WR1 ways and Cobb will continue to be a borderline WR1 and automatic WR2. Expecting Adams to be a mid-WR2 as well is just expecting too much stat production, even with the Packers. And I don't want to hear about James Jones in 2012. That was three years ago and proved to be clear outlier production from that #3 WR role in their offense.

Adams might do enough in 3-wide sets to achieve WR3 value in fantasy, but he'll also be very boom or bust week to week, with more busts than booms. Barring injuries to players ahead of him, it is very unlikely Adams will exceed 700-900 receiving yards.

I would only look to buy Adams now if I'm already a Nelson owner. It's also gonna take some time for current owners to truly accept that Adams' present dynasty value has significantly dropped (as some posts here demonstrate), so it probably won't be until mid-season that his price-tag will be fair.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:44 am

ninotoreS wrote:
Spinkso wrote: Adams will get his chance to be a mid WR2 this year.
'Mid-WR2'? That is just not happening, if we assume Nelson will continue his WR1 ways and Cobb will continue to be a borderline WR1 and automatic WR2. Expecting Adams to be a mid-WR2 as well is just expecting too much stat production, even with the Packers. And I don't want to hear about James Jones in 2012. That was three years ago and proved to be clear outlier production from that #3 WR role in their offense.

Adams might do enough in 3-wide sets to achieve WR3 value in fantasy, but he'll also be very boom or bust week to week, with more busts than booms. Barring injuries to players ahead of him, it is very unlikely Adams will exceed 700-900 receiving yards.

I would only look to buy Adams now if I'm already a Nelson owner. It's also gonna take some time for current owners to truly accept that Adams' present dynasty value has significantly dropped (as some posts here demonstrate), so it probably won't be until mid-season that his price-tag will be fair.
Alshon put up WR1 numbers, Marshall put up WR2 numbers and Bennett put up the equivalent of WR2 numbers and that was with Cutler (and Claussen)
In 2013 Demaryius and Decker put up WR1 numbers and Julius Thomas put up the equivalent of WR2 numbers

I think Aaron Rodgers can top Cutler's numbers and it's possible that Adams has WR2 numbers if no TE steps forward on GB. I think he'll be fairly inconsistent though.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

bearsfan34
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bearsfan34 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 am

Someone earlier mentioned James Jones in Green Bay as a comparable, and I think that's about where I have Adams projected in my mind now to an extent (not with 14 scores like Jones had a couple years ago, but I could definitely see 7 or 8 TDs) . A little boom or bust from week to week, but he's still going to have his big games. Trying to predict them this upcoming year will be the difficult part.

Obviously Cobb staying puts a cap on his value a little bit, but I still see Adams having a pretty good season this year. There is added upside as well if one of Nelson or Cobb were to miss a couple weeks here and there with injury.

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Davante Adams

Postby doktor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 am

Just bought him for a '16 1st and '16 2nd. It was definitely one of those offers that looked great when I sent it; but has me very much second guessing it now that it's been accepted.

Can somebody please help me feel better about this? lol

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Re: Davante Adams

Postby TheChicken » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:43 am

Well your team is a powerhouse so the picks are going to be late. You have 5 starting WRs so he will only start for you team if Jordy or Cobb goes down, and as you already own Jordy he is a great in season backup and also good succession planning.

If this is true then all is rosy.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:46 am

Yeah, it's a good deal if you're fairly confident that the 1st will be late. If it ends up being mid to early not sure I like it.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 am

Lol. Thanks, I think?

The team is not a powerhouse; but I do think it's one of the better looking teams (top 3-ish).

You are correct I have a stable of starting WRs; provided the chips fall my way. (We start 3-5 WRs). You are incorrect, I don't have Jordy...

My WRs:
Adams
VJax
Jennings
Ch.Johnson
Marshall
Parker
Quick
ARob

Rest of roster:
Tannehill,Eli
CJA/Ball/Hillman, Foster/Blue, Blount, Riddick, Ridley
Gronk, ASJ

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:51 am

I don't watch a ton of college FB; can anyone talk about some of the top WR prospects that would likely be declaring for next year? Part of my decision was based on some posts and other places where I've read that next year's class does not look to have close to the overall talent/depth of the last couple years.

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:31 am

doktor wrote:I don't watch a ton of college FB; can anyone talk about some of the top WR prospects that would likely be declaring for next year? Part of my decision was based on some posts and other places where I've read that next year's class does not look to have close to the overall talent/depth of the last couple years.
Actually, I'm kind of a fan of next year's class. Don't know if it quite has the depth, but I am a fan of the top end talent.

At WR, the big 3 are Laquan Treadwell, Tyler Boyd, and D'haquille Williams. Pretty high end prospects IMO, and if the draft happened know, I bet those would be 3 of the first 5 guys off the board. Couple other WRs I like are Marquez North and Corey Robinson

Couple of high end RBs in Elliott and Henry as well, along with a (supposedly) deep QB class
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:30 am

A few weeks ago I traded Davante Adams for a 2016 1st and 2nd, so I'm on the other side of your deal, and I kinda regret it as well. The only comfort is that the team I traded with is terrible and that it freed up a roster spot, which I desperately needed. I hope I can get him back cheaper if he doesn't start this season. But don't feel bad about your trade, he's got all the potential in the world.

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 am

Tsunami wrote:A few weeks ago I traded Davante Adams for a 2016 1st and 2nd, so I'm on the other side of your deal, and I kinda regret it as well. The only comfort is that the team I traded with is terrible and that it freed up a roster spot, which I desperately needed. I hope I can get him back cheaper if he doesn't start this season. But don't feel bad about your trade, he's got all the potential in the world.
I've heard before that the best trades are the ones where both sides feel they lost... lol

So perhaps we're both good!

flexcapacitor
Captain
Captain

Postby flexcapacitor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:51 am

I also just traded for Adams for a 2016 1st(late) and 2nd(early) and I'm happy about the deal. If I'm correct on where the draft picks will end up it seems like about the same value he was going for in rookie drafts last year. His value has a lot of potential to go way up if he does anything this year. I think there is a good chance that Jordy isn't a Packer in 2016 which would move Adams into his position.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am

Adams showed he is a good player. I moved the 1.10 for Adams and a 3rd. I wanted him as Cobb insurance, and I like having someone already show that he has what it takes to play in the NFL.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:13 am

flexcapacitor wrote: I think there is a good chance that Jordy isn't a Packer in 2016 which would move Adams into his position.
Why would Jordy not be there a year from now? He's not a free agent til 2019.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.