Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: D Adams having a nice game when it counts

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 am

Why wouldn't they try to re-sign Cobb? A lot of the WRs they've let walk were older, and Cobb is in his prime. They have a decent amount of cap space, and it's not like the defense is in shambles, though there are improvements to be made there.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

adammc44
Starter
Starter

Postby adammc44 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:07 pm

I'm curious how what happens the next three weeks could affect Cobb's (and possibly GB's) decision. Not that anyone would know besides Cobb and maybe his agent, but if they fall short of the Superbowl would he be more likely to want to stay and/or be talked into staying by Rodgers who admittedly loves the guy? And vice versa if they win, would he be more likely to say well I got a ring, now I wanna see the money?

I still think Cobb stays in GB, it seems like the perfect fit for him, and I don't think GB will lowball him. I'm also not sold he gets a ton of money elsewhere, high profile wr moves haven't been homeruns all that often lately (although then again, teams keep paying up, so maybe that doesn't mean anything). I could see Oakland offering big money and I could see Carolina, where he would make a great combo with kelvin but I'm not sure about their cap situation. What other spots do you see as all that likely for him?

But I digress, as a Cobb owner I'd love to have Adams, if Cobb leaves you have two guaranteed high-end w2/3s who have top 20 upside. And if he stays Adams I think could still be a decent plug and play and a nice little handcuffesque player
The Man with the Golden Gloves (14 teams, 6 pt all tds, no ppr, 18+3 rookie taxi squad spots (up to 2 years))
start: 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te no flex, d, k
QB: Cousins, Darnold
RB: David Johnson, A Jones, D Freeman, Gio, Hyde, Malcom Brown
WR: Adam Thielen, C Godwin, T Williams, J Landry, A Miller
TE: Waller, Herndon
Taxi: P Williams, Jonnu Smith, Gesicki
IR: Crowell

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:11 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:Why wouldn't they try to re-sign Cobb? A lot of the WRs they've let walk were older, and Cobb is in his prime. They have a decent amount of cap space, and it's not like the defense is in shambles, though there are improvements to be made there.
i don't think anyone is saying they won't try to re-sign Cobb. The assumption is they will simply not be the top offering team for his services. Just look at the contracts for guys like Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace or even Larry Fitzgerald if you're wondering what the concern would be. Sure, Cobb is younger than any of them were when they got their contracts, but it's not like it's only the last two years of Mike Wallace's contract that look bad now, or even the last four years of Bowe & Fitz's contracts.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Davante Adams - Price Check on Aisle 3

Postby PurpleHaze » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:14 pm

So what is Davante Adams worth right now in terms of a rookie draft pick?

Ie...if you traded Davante Adams for one rookie pick of close to equal value, what would it be?
Last edited by PurpleHaze on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Davante Adams - Price Check on Isle 3

Postby PurpleHaze » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Subject came up because I was offered Davante Adams for 1.06 and turned it down. It got me thinking what Adams is worth as far as a rookie pick.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:44 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:Subject came up because I was offered Davante Adams for 1.06 and turned it down. It got me thinking what Adams is worth as far as a rookie pick.
Give it a week or two. His price might skyrocket if Cobb leaves.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:13 pm

He seems to be going for a mid-late first round pick. Also FYI it's "aisle", not "isle". Sorry, grammar Nazi here. :whistle:
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:21 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:Subject came up because I was offered Davante Adams for 1.06 and turned it down. It got me thinking what Adams is worth as far as a rookie pick.
I'd take the 1.06 pretty easy. Yes he's with Aaron Rogers and it's tempting to overvalue him but he was a late first early 2nd last year. Weaker draft but he didn't do anything to move up that far.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Davante Adams - Price Check on Aisle 3

Postby Tsunami » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:57 pm

I wouldn't take 1.3, and I'd have to think long and hard about trading him for 1.2. I'm convinced Cobb will be playing elsewhere when the season starts.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Matticus wrote:

or crashing down if he stays

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:28 pm

lawilt wrote:
Matticus wrote:

or crashing down if he stays
Definitely a risk.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 pm

I see adams as very similar to jaelen strong who is about 1:6 or 1:7 or most boards right now ..... hard to be in a better situation than adams w/ rodgers if cobb leaves but strong did run the 4.4 at combine and may be a bit better deep threat . I could see either side winning the deal long term.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:02 pm

lawilt wrote: or crashing down if he stays
With or without Cobb, I think Adams is going to be very, very good. I think 1.06 is a great deal for him, especially given his situation. Rodgers is going to start spreading the ball around a lot more than people think going forward..

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:13 pm

James Jones was a viable 3 there and he wasn't even very good.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:07 pm

If you're going to sell him - wait until Cobb leaves. You'll be able to get more.