Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Davante Adams - Price Check on Aisle 3

Postby PurpleHaze » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:35 pm

I ended up doing a different flavor of the deal. Traded 1.06 and Bowe for Davante Adams and 2.12. Hoping Cobb has his bags packed!

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:08 am

Telperion wrote:James Jones was a viable 3 there and he wasn't even very good.
Jones was viable because of how many tds he was getting. I don't see that happening with Adams if Cobb stays because now he has lacy stealing alot of those tds

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:13 am

lawilt wrote:
Jones was viable because of how many tds he was getting. I don't see that happening with Adams if Cobb stays because now he has lacy stealing alot of those tds
Disagree... The Packers have shown that their offense is capable of feeding 3 WRs... Obviously Adams would be MUCH more valuable as the #2 than the #3 WR, but the fact remains.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:20 am

Payton34 wrote:
lawilt wrote:
Disagree... The Packers have shown that their offense is capable of feeding 3 WRs... Obviously Adams would be MUCH more valuable as the #2 than the #3 WR, but the fact remains.
Yep. Obviously if Cobb leaves, Adams could approach 1000 yards but 700 or so isn't out of the question if Cobb stays.

King Arthur
Rookie
Rookie

Postby King Arthur » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:59 am

I got Adams at 2.05 in a 14 team league last year. At this moment in time, it would take 1.05 or better for me to part with him.

Obviously that may change as we know what happens to Cobb, as well as where the top half dozen rookies are drafted to.

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PurpleHaze » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:16 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:I ended up doing a different flavor of the deal. Traded 1.06 and Bowe for Davante Adams and 2.12. Hoping Cobb has his bags packed!
So far glad I made the deal. Every day that Cobb doesn't re-sign with the Pack Adams' value goes up. That said I'm not out of the woods yet. I think Cobb can start negotiating with other teams tomorrow.

Dingram
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dingram » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:
PurpleHaze wrote:I ended up doing a different flavor of the deal. Traded 1.06 and Bowe for Davante Adams and 2.12. Hoping Cobb has his bags packed!
So far glad I made the deal. Every day that Cobb doesn't re-sign with the Pack Adams' value goes up. That said I'm not out of the woods yet. I think Cobb can start negotiating with other teams tomorrow.
How do you feel now? Have Adams in a couple, & was really getting excited. Did not think Cobb was returning

PurpleHaze
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PurpleHaze » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Ya it sux lol. Packers overpaid to keep him.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:55 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:Ya it sux lol. Packers overpaid to keep him.
hardly

Bag of Hammers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bag of Hammers » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Adams shares took a hit. If you are a believer, his price just went down and Jordy won't last forever.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Bag of Hammers wrote:Adams shares took a hit. If you are a believer, his price just went down and Jordy won't last forever.
This. Jordy won't last as long as Rodgers and Adams should be the beneficiary. Wait til mid season and try to get Adams for a second or projected late 1st.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Davante Adams value is still the same. With Cobb, DA plays on the outside. If Cobb would have left, Jordy would have kicked inside plenty, with DA still outside. James Jones was WR17 in 2012, and I believe that Adams is for more talented than Jones.
Green Bay is one of the few offenses that is more than capable of producing 3 fantasy relevant receivers. I also wouldn't expect Cobb to hit 1300 or 12 TD's again. I do expect Rodgers to be greater than or equal to in regards to his production in 2015. Adams will get his chance to be a mid WR2 this year.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:21 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:Ya it sux lol. Packers overpaid to keep him.

LOL

wait are you serious?

Devo49
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Devo49 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Spinkso wrote:Davante Adams value is still the same. With Cobb, DA plays on the outside. If Cobb would have left, Jordy would have kicked inside plenty, with DA still outside. James Jones was WR17 in 2012, and I believe that Adams is for more talented than Jones.
Green Bay is one of the few offenses that is more than capable of producing 3 fantasy relevant receivers. I also wouldn't expect Cobb to hit 1300 or 12 TD's again. I do expect Rodgers to be greater than or equal to in regards to his production in 2015. Adams will get his chance to be a mid WR2 this year.
This. While I disagree that his value is the same, it definitely didn't take the hit that ppl may be assuming. He's still worth a rookie pick in the 1.06-1.09 range. Had Cobb left, he would have been in the 1.01-1.03 range. So it fell but not too much.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Spinkso wrote:Davante Adams value is still the same. With Cobb, DA plays on the outside. If Cobb would have left, Jordy would have kicked inside plenty, with DA still outside. James Jones was WR17 in 2012, and I believe that Adams is for more talented than Jones.

2012 is rather skewed, he led the league in TD's that year and scored like 2x as many as he did any other.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore