Darius Slayton

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Re: Darius Slayton

Postby Shcritters » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 pm

So are you holding or selling? He missed the first two games, but his pace is 54-788-10 for a full 16 games (obviously slightly inflated based on his last big game, and I would also take the under on 10 TD’s on the year). Is he a sell high, or keep because we are hopeful on what he will become?

Stated differently, does he have the chance to be the #1 or #2 WR long-term here? Or will the giants draft another WR next year and make him nearly irrelevant?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Shcritters wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 pm So are you holding or selling? He missed the first two games, but his pace is 54-788-10 for a full 16 games (obviously slightly inflated based on his last big game, and I would also take the under on 10 TD’s on the year). Is he a sell high, or keep because we are hopeful on what he will become?
The problem with the term "sell high" with a player like Slayton (day 3 WR producing early in his career), is that selling high is technically selling for almost any real asset. He was taken with your last rookie pick, or grabbed for free off the wire most likely, so selling for a late 2020 3rd is technically selling high because you are making a profit, but at this point that may turn out to be selling low. I basically flipped him for Alshon before this last big week, and felt great about it, but now that's looking like it may bite me.
Last edited by lukkynumber13 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:06 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 pm
Shcritters wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 pm So are you holding or selling? He missed the first two games, but his pace is 54-788-10 for a full 16 games (obviously slightly inflated based on his last big game, and I would also take the under on 10 TD’s on the year). Is he a sell high, or keep because we are hopeful on what he will become?
The problem with the term "sell high" with a player like Slayton (day 3 WR producing early in his career), is that selling high is technically selling for almost any real asset. He was taken with your last rookie pick, or grabbed for free off the wire most likely, so selling for a late 2020 3rd is technically selling high because your are making a profit, but at this point that may turn out to be selling low. I basically flipped him for Alshon before this last big week, and felt great about it, but now that's looking like it may bite me.
Good point. Most people would offer a 3rd, so where does that leave you? Hoping that third turns into what Slayton is doing right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:06 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:51 pm
The problem with the term "sell high" with a player like Slayton (day 3 WR producing early in his career), is that selling high is technically selling for almost any real asset. He was taken with your last rookie pick, or grabbed for free off the wire most likely, so selling for a late 2020 3rd is technically selling high because your are making a profit, but at this point that may turn out to be selling low. I basically flipped him for Alshon before this last big week, and felt great about it, but now that's looking like it may bite me.
Good point. Most people would offer a 3rd, so where does that leave you? Hoping that third turns into what Slayton is doing right now.
This is how I approach nearly every cheap/free dart throw acquisition. Hold until they eventually materialize into something of actual value. If it doesn't happen, you aren't really out anything anyways.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am

Stated differently, does he have the chance to be the #1 or #2 WR long-term here? Or will the giants draft another WR next year and make him nearly irrelevant?
Giants fan here.
Slayton and Jones connection is real. They had a connection right from the start of early summer camp.
Jones is a pretty good passer, when he has time in the pocket he has done phenomenal for a rookie.
Offensive weapons are not the issue on the NYG's. Golden Tate/Shepard/Slayton/Engram/Saquon are more than enough.

The problem is the offensive line and the defense. There's not a lot guaranteed in the NFL but I am certain the Giants won't go RB or WR in the first 3 rounds next draft. Too many holes on the line and in the defense. Remember they just lost to the Jets, a combo of both those issues. The D can't stop anyone and the O-Line has 3 starters who wouldn't start on any other team.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:10 am

Depends on what you consider "selling high". Most Slayton owners added him off the waiver wire or drafted him with a 3rd or 4th. In the one league where I have Slayton, I'm holding even if someone offers a 2nd. No one will or should pay a 1st, but the ceiling of a Kenny Golladay or Courtland Sutton type is there. Those guys are worth 1sts, so Slayton's value could get there by the end of the season. Of course, if someone is willing to pay a 2020 1st, I'd definitely consider selling for that.

Neither Golden Tate nor Sterling Shepard are true no. 1 WRs, as both are better suited for the slot role or on underneath routes. I think Slayton has a chance to be the no. 1 WR in NYG long-term. Whether that can or will translate to fantasy WR1 production remains to be seen, but it could if NYG builds its offensive line while the defense remains terrible. If Daniel Jones can be even an adequate QB like a Ryan Tannehill or Kyle Allen though, Slayton should be able to produce at a fantasy WR2/3 level with WR1 upside.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm

No reason to sell. He has a lot of traits to like as a WR but consistency is an issue. He is raw in routes and has some concerns against man coverage. He isn't very physical so he will have to learn to beat press and sharpen his route skill set. I do like how he plays against zone but press man is a weakness.

I don't see him as a legit #1 WR and expect the Giants to go get a high pedigree WR type to help their talented QB. He looks like a solid #2 for a team from a potential perspective so there is some upside.

Half his games are under 7 points so I wouldn't get too excited but wouldn't be worried either. His value isn't anywhere close to high sell after one good game given he has only had 2 games at 8 or more targets.

Be glad you own him if you do; He could develop into a consistent player within the next couple of years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:30 pm

I'd give him really no shot at either. Shepard is under contract long-term, Engram is at TE, Tate should be there at least another year, and it's still possible they draft a WR for depth. Plus, they're going to feed Barkley a ton in the receiving game.

Slayton would really have to blow up for the remainder of the season.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:46 pm

As long as Shepard continues to get hurt, which has been all too common for the dude, Slayton definitely holds value. I probably wouldn't move him unless, like others mentioned, a 1st that could turn into a QB or RB (2QB/SF leagues).

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Article on Slayton just got posted today on DLF. Going to be interesting to see what his off-season ADP looks like.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:33 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:58 pm Article on Slayton just got posted today on DLF. Going to be interesting to see what his off-season ADP looks like.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

vix_trader
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vix_trader » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 am

Led the team in receiving with 67 yards on a day when Daniel Jones threw for only 150 and Sterling Shepard was back in the lineup. I'm not sure he's a sell-high........might be worth holding.

Seems like he was considered an athletically gifted prospect who was very raw coming out of college. Drops in the draft due to poor college production (bad offense) and the perception that he will only be a deep threat/field-stretcher at the next level. Seems like a guy who has all the physical tools who just needed to improve his route tree and hopefully cut down on the drops. Guys with this type of profile flame out a lot but is it possible his weaknesses have gotten better? Seems like he has the agility to run underneath and mid-level routes effectively. Combine this with an elite athletic profile and seems like he could translate into a solid NFL receiver.
12 Team Standard Scoring.
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, TE, D/ST, K.

QB: L. Jackson, Winston

RB: N. Chubb, J. Jacobs, CEH, Deandre Swift,

WR: Tyreek Hill, D.J.Moore, D.J. Chark, Elijah Moore, Devonta Smith, Hollywood

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Pitts, Dan Arnold

2022 Rookie Draft - 1, 1, 1, 4

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:57 am

Has good chemistry with Jones too because he was basically the #1 receiver in 2nd team reps in the offseason/preseason, and Jones was obviously the 2nd team QB.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 am

vix_trader wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 am Led the team in receiving with 67 yards on a day when Daniel Jones threw for only 150 and Sterling Shepard was back in the lineup. I'm not sure he's a sell-high........might be worth holding.

Seems like he was considered an athletically gifted prospect who was very raw coming out of college. Drops in the draft due to poor college production (bad offense) and the perception that he will only be a deep threat/field-stretcher at the next level. Seems like a guy who has all the physical tools who just needed to improve his route tree and hopefully cut down on the drops. Guys with this type of profile flame out a lot but is it possible his weaknesses have gotten better? Seems like he has the agility to run underneath and mid-level routes effectively. Combine this with an elite athletic profile and seems like he could translate into a solid NFL receiver.
Pretty sure he (and everyone else) was invisible until garbage time. He was shut down until the Bears played a softer coverage.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:30 am
vix_trader wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 am Led the team in receiving with 67 yards on a day when Daniel Jones threw for only 150 and Sterling Shepard was back in the lineup. I'm not sure he's a sell-high........might be worth holding.

Pretty sure he (and everyone else) was invisible until garbage time. He was shut down until the Bears played a softer coverage.
Not necessarily true, he had 4 targets (well 3, but one was a target that was deleted because of a defensive penalty) and 31 yards by halftime.

There are a lot of rookie WR's producing right now. Half of them will flame out... the trick is figuring out which ones are the ones to keep and which to sell. If anyone has a crystal ball I'd pay to use it.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd