Seyi Ajirotutu

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Fobstar
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Seyi Ajirotutu

Postby Fobstar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:47 pm

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this 2nd year WR? I understand the Chargers are a little crowded at WR with V-Jax, Floyd, Nanee, Brown and Crayton. If Floyd and Nanee leave via FA, does Seyi have a chance for an expanded role?

He seemed to produce when given the opportunity. Could he be a quiet sleeper for 2011?

Thanks

toine
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Seyi Ajirotutu

Postby toine » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:06 pm

He will definitely be behind Gates and VJax for looks. His sleeper value is tied to whether Floyd and Naanee leave. I think Brown could have the biggest impact, though. He runs great routes and is fearless over the middle. (His speed may be an issue though.)
Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile because it happened.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:22 am

I don't think he has much of an impact. The only reason he saw the field last season was due to VJax's holdout and he had 1 good game.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 am

skip wrote:I don't think he has much of an impact. The only reason he saw the field last season was due to VJax's holdout and he had 1 good game.
He is on my sleeper list for sure. I have him in a few rosters right now. The Chargers still have FA WRs and free agency hasn't happened so it is really hard to gauge his role right now. He has a ton of potential and potential opportunity to show it as well. I like his skill set and mentality.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 am

hosler427 wrote:
skip wrote:I don't think he has much of an impact. The only reason he saw the field last season was due to VJax's holdout and he had 1 good game.
He is on my sleeper list for sure. I have him in a few rosters right now. The Chargers still have FA WRs and free agency hasn't happened so it is really hard to gauge his role right now. He has a ton of potential and potential opportunity to show it as well. I like his skill set and mentality.
Speaking of mentality...

Watch his East Bay interview on youtube. He talks like a human being/normal person. It's shocking.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:55 am

Hosler said it best....he is a deep sleeper for sure simply because it's a great offense and their is a lot of uncertainty with the top WR's on their team! Vincent Brown could also gain a lot if MFloyd and VJax depart
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Fobstar
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Fobstar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune expects Seji Ajirotutu to make the Chargers' roster this season. Analysis: Ajirotutu has a solid year in the system and should hang on as a fourth or fifth receiver, competing with rookie Vincent Brown for backup snaps. Acee predicts that Ajirotutu will catch around 20 passes in his second NFL season.

I guess this is good news. I rostered him all last year, I was just wondering what others thought of him. I've got too many bubble WR's and I'm trying to see who will make my Day 1 roster or not.

Thanks again for your advice and thoughts.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:00 pm

SD WR4 or WR5 in 2010. WR3 upside - perhaps a replacement M.Floyd with some seasons of 'seasoning' and development which could border on WR2 territory but I'm not counting on it and he's waiver-wire material in more than one league.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Misfit74 wrote:SD WR4 or WR5 in 2010. WR3 upside - perhaps a replacement M.Floyd with some seasons of 'seasoning' and development which could border on WR2 territory but I'm not counting on it and he's waiver-wire material in more than one league.
Good sleeper pick in deep leagues. If Floyd and Vjax depart in the next year or two he could find a place :thumbup:
Twitter @haydn239

JohnnyFive
Captain
Captain

Postby JohnnyFive » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Fobstar wrote:I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this 2nd year WR? I understand the Chargers are a little crowded at WR with V-Jax, Floyd, Nanee, Brown and Crayton. If Floyd and Nanee leave via FA, does Seyi have a chance for an expanded role?

He seemed to produce when given the opportunity. Could he be a quiet sleeper for 2011?

Thanks
Hes on my list to watch in the preseason and the first couple of weeks in the regular season. But then again I have alot of free agent wideouts on that list.
Keep On Rockin In The Free World

tosnsprx
Captain
Captain

Postby tosnsprx » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

toine wrote:He will definitely be behind Gates and VJax for looks. His sleeper value is tied to whether Floyd and Naanee leave. I think Brown could have the biggest impact, though. He runs great routes and is fearless over the middle. (His speed may be an issue though.)
I think Brown will have the biggest impact , cause he does run great routes for a rookie, and his speed won't be an issue. I know he ran a slow 40 but thats without pads and he improved his time at his pro day and he doesn't lose as much speed as others when he puts the pads on. I personally love Brown in a couple years. I think he will be the #3 wr out of this draft class
12 team non-ppr standard scoring(1qb,2rbs,2wrs,2rb/wrs,1te,1k,1D) 25 man roster
QB- WATSON, prescott,
RBs- ALVIN KAMARA, DAVID MONTGOMERY, K JOHNSON, rashaad penny, ronald jones, bo scott, p barber, darrell williams
WRs- JUJU, CHRIS GODWIN, christian kirk, courtland sutton, keke coutee, zach pascal
TEs- GEORGE KITTLE, ian thomas, mike gesicki, jace sternberger, dawson knox
K- d bailey
DST- STEELERS, chargers

2020 picks: 3RD,4TH