Page 5 of 17

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 pm
by TimeWillTell
AussieMate wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm
Corey Davis can't get open off of top corners... Yea ok he runs a great route against Ramsey and has to throw up one hand just to make the catch.

Consistency. He did it once. :clap: Good for him. Where was he before they were down 17 points? It's one play, and again, I was on Davis as a college player. He just doesn't do it consistently. A one handed catch on a bit of separation is nice and all, but he's just not separating from Ramsey consistently. He's done nothing all night. Jags are up 17 at that point, Ramsey is not giving up deep, so the out is a route he's willing to give up. Davis ran a nice route and made a GREAT catch. On one play. That doesn't make a WR1. I like your verve on the subject, but realistically, I just think Davis was overdrafted, into a bad offense on top of that.
I'm being realistic with my CD ownership (I think), I don't think he'd ever be elite, but I think he's more talented than what's shown at the Titans.
I'm holding and hoping for an Amari Cooper like change in his future :pray:
This for me too

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm
by BlackOmega
Fournette comes alive for one run at least

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm
by Dibbles
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm
Corey Davis can't get open off of top corners... Yea ok he runs a great route against Ramsey and has to throw up one hand just to make the catch.

Consistency. He did it once. :clap: Good for him. Where was he before they were down 17 points? It's one play, and again, I was on Davis as a college player. He just doesn't do it consistently. A one handed catch on a bit of separation is nice and all, but he's just not separating from Ramsey consistently. He's done nothing all night. Jags are up 17 at that point, Ramsey is not giving up deep, so the out is a route he's willing to give up. Davis ran a nice route and made a GREAT catch. On one play. That doesn't make a WR1. I like your verve on the subject, but realistically, I just think Davis was overdrafted, into a bad offense on top of that.
Classic you are calling out CD for being nonexistent tonight, have you seen how open he is pre-snap? Easy 10 yards if Mariota would even look his way. His stat line is entirely a reflection of Mariota’s ineptitude and terrible play calling/coaching, not CD’s inability to get open.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 pm
by FantasyFreak
Dibbles wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm
Corey Davis can't get open off of top corners... Yea ok he runs a great route against Ramsey and has to throw up one hand just to make the catch.

Consistency. He did it once. :clap: Good for him. Where was he before they were down 17 points? It's one play, and again, I was on Davis as a college player. He just doesn't do it consistently. A one handed catch on a bit of separation is nice and all, but he's just not separating from Ramsey consistently. He's done nothing all night. Jags are up 17 at that point, Ramsey is not giving up deep, so the out is a route he's willing to give up. Davis ran a nice route and made a GREAT catch. On one play. That doesn't make a WR1. I like your verve on the subject, but realistically, I just think Davis was overdrafted, into a bad offense on top of that.
Classic you are calling out CD for being nonexistent tonight, have you seen how open he is pre-snap? Easy 10 yards if Mariota would even look his way. His stat line is entirely a reflection of Mariota’s ineptitude and terrible play calling/coaching, not CD’s inability to get open.
How open he is pre-snap? :lol: That takes talent. You realize DB's can move around anytime, and sometimes do it right before the ball is snapped, right? You're really reaching.

BTW. What is "Classic", exactly?

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:14 pm
by hoos89
Is this a misprint, or does Fournette have 14 carries for 63 yards and a long of 69 yards? Did he have -6 yards on 13 carries prior to that run?

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 pm
by TimeWillTell
hoos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:14 pm
Is this a misprint, or does Fournette have 14 carries for 63 yards and a long of 69 yards? Did he have -6 yards on 13 carries prior to that run?
Was actually -8 before the 69 yards run

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 pm
by Dibbles
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Dibbles wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm


Consistency. He did it once. :clap: Good for him. Where was he before they were down 17 points? It's one play, and again, I was on Davis as a college player. He just doesn't do it consistently. A one handed catch on a bit of separation is nice and all, but he's just not separating from Ramsey consistently. He's done nothing all night. Jags are up 17 at that point, Ramsey is not giving up deep, so the out is a route he's willing to give up. Davis ran a nice route and made a GREAT catch. On one play. That doesn't make a WR1. I like your verve on the subject, but realistically, I just think Davis was overdrafted, into a bad offense on top of that.
Classic you are calling out CD for being nonexistent tonight, have you seen how open he is pre-snap? Easy 10 yards if Mariota would even look his way. His stat line is entirely a reflection of Mariota’s ineptitude and terrible play calling/coaching, not CD’s inability to get open.
How open he is pre-snap? :lol: That takes talent. You realize DB's can move around anytime, and sometimes do it right before the ball is snapped, right? You're really reaching.

BTW. What is "Classic", exactly?
Im reaching and TEN ran the ball down 13 with no timeouts from their own 10. Oh and CD just nabbed another catch on 10+ yards of separation. I have no intent to inflate CD, I’m simply saying his stat line is in no way reflective of his potential. Everything about TEN is garbage.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 pm
by Blueboy
This is the least urgent 2-min drive I think I've ever seen.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:23 pm
by joeya2001
Blueboy wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 pm
This is the least urgent 2-min drive I think I've ever seen.
Lol fact

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 pm
by FantasyFreak
Dibbles wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Dibbles wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm


Classic you are calling out CD for being nonexistent tonight, have you seen how open he is pre-snap? Easy 10 yards if Mariota would even look his way. His stat line is entirely a reflection of Mariota’s ineptitude and terrible play calling/coaching, not CD’s inability to get open.
How open he is pre-snap? :lol: That takes talent. You realize DB's can move around anytime, and sometimes do it right before the ball is snapped, right? You're really reaching.

BTW. What is "Classic", exactly?
Im reaching and TEN ran the ball down 13 with no timeouts from their own 10. Oh and CD just nabbed another catch on 10+ yards of separation. I have no intent to inflate CD, I’m simply saying his stat line is in no way reflective of his potential. Everything about TEN is garbage.
So, Corey Davis is garbage? :lol: He's just not what people drafted him to be. Treadwell was a top pick, Doctson, that ghost from Rutgers was a top 6-8 pick in a lot of leagues, in that same class. Has he caught ten NFL passes? We will never know if Davis had gone somewhere else, if it had been different. He does not look like a legit FF option, and his development is now so stunted we will never know what might have been, in all probability.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 pm
by DLF3000
As for Corey Davis, on the plus side it was cool to see him play and catch a few balls.

On the downside, I can't believe that passing "attack" right now. Wow.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 pm
by ArrylT
#5willalwaysloveyou wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Fournette grabbing 2 tuddys

🙏🙏🙏
Thought you said turkeys at first. :think: :lol: :oops:

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
by FantasyFreak
ArrylT wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 pm
#5willalwaysloveyou wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Fournette grabbing 2 tuddys

🙏🙏🙏
Thought you said turkeys at first. :think: :lol: :oops:
Is a "Tuddy" a run where you gain positive yards? I'm not up to date with a lot of the new age lingo.

Serious question. Would anybody trade Ekeler for Fournette right now? Would anyone trade a random 2020 first for Fournette? That was a nice run milking the clock, and he got out of some bad tackling by a defeating team, but are people counting on that every game? I loved Fournette as a sophomore, and I don't like the NFL rules that say he shouldn't be able to declare after that year. He was totally ready for the NFL, but it's been a sad trajectory on LF's arc since that year.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm
by PR0v3
FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm
ArrylT wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 pm
#5willalwaysloveyou wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Fournette grabbing 2 tuddys

🙏🙏🙏
Thought you said turkeys at first. :think: :lol: :oops:
Is a "Tuddy" a run where you gain positive yards? I'm not up to date with a lot of the new age lingo.

Serious question. Would anybody trade Ekeler for Fournette right now? Would anyone trade a random 2020 first for Fournette? That was a nice run milking the clock, and he got out of some bad tackling by a defeating team, but are people counting on that every game? I loved Fournette as a sophomore, and I don't like the NFL rules that say he shouldn't be able to declare after that year. He was totally ready for the NFL, but it's been a sad trajectory on LF's arc since that year.
I traded Fournette away this week for Penny + a 2020 1, 2, and 3 and I think I am going to regret it if the pick doesn’t end up top 5. He’s going to catch 70 balls this year. If he wasn’t being hit by 3 defenders 2 yards behind the LOS every single run he’d be an elite RB1.

Re: 2019 Week 3

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 pm
by DLF3000
PR0v3 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm
I traded Fournette away this week for Penny + a 2020 1, 2, and 3 and I think I am going to regret it if the pick doesn’t end up top 5. He’s going to catch 70 balls this year. If he wasn’t being hit by 3 defenders 2 yards behind the LOS every single run he’d be an elite RB1.
You know PPR is broken when you regret not having a guy who had negative rushing yards nearly the entire game and a bunch of catches for almost no yards either!