Rookie WR's......Look Amazing

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rookie WR's......Look Amazing

Postby Kmani6 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:21 am

AJ brown is on the Titans. They don’t produce great WR’s, but his situation changed really fast, which is why I’m
not always the biggest fan of grading talent on situation. I would normally do this during a rookie draft or something, when there are still so many questions about the prospects, but when it comes to real NFL talent on display weekly it’s hard for me to look away. I see a QB like kyle Allen, who isn’t terrible, but also is not good, keeping DJ Moore as a top 5 WR in yardage right now. LJ insane development from between 1 year changes the ravens offense dynasty outlook. On the other hand, the rams offensive players have looked totally different from last year. I know these are probably anomalies, but still.

However, if we do want to include situation then I think mecole Hardman deserves strong consideration for top 5. Has shown quality big play ability, similar rookie year to tyreek (mainly in terms of showing immediate talent, although I will admit way less usage due to the state of their high powered offense right now. However, I think with Kelce aging, and the chiefs probably moving on from Watkins, Hardman can be a good to great year 2 or 3 breakout, who will for the future have hill distracting defenses tremendously.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 am

I ❤️ AJ Brown

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Kmani6 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:21 am AJ brown is on the Titans. They don’t produce great WR’s, but his situation changed really fast, which is why I’m
not always the biggest fan of grading talent on situation. I would normally do this during a rookie draft or something, when there are still so many questions about the prospects, but when it comes to real NFL talent on display weekly it’s hard for me to look away. I see a QB like kyle Allen, who isn’t terrible, but also is not good, keeping DJ Moore as a top 5 WR in yardage right now. LJ insane development from between 1 year changes the ravens offense dynasty outlook. On the other hand, the rams offensive players have looked totally different from last year. I know these are probably anomalies, but still.

However, if we do want to include situation then I think mecole Hardman deserves strong consideration for top 5. Has shown quality big play ability, similar rookie year to tyreek (mainly in terms of showing immediate talent, although I will admit way less usage due to the state of their high powered offense right now. However, I think with Kelce aging, and the chiefs probably moving on from Watkins, Hardman can be a good to great year 2 or 3 breakout, who will for the future have hill distracting defenses tremendously.
When brother!

Situation doesn't even enter in to my grading of players AT ALL

A team can completely go from a defensive 2 yards and a pipe of dust to the Baltimore ravens in no time.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:13 pm It's actually kind of funny when you think about it, I feel like draft classes usually go the opposite of what is being anticipated.
...incoming 2020 crash and burn warning.
:surprised:

Get out of my head! :x

:lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:02 am I ❤️ AJ Brown
Show the love on the AJ Brown thread then. :ewink:

Regardless I think a lot of us are starting to feel the love! 8-)

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:55 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:21 am AJ brown is on the Titans. They don’t produce great WR’s, but his situation changed really fast, which is why I’m

When brother!

Situation doesn't even enter in to my grading of players AT ALL

A team can completely go from a defensive 2 yards and a pipe of dust to the Baltimore ravens in no time.
Agreed, which is why I have AJ Brown on my roster. I also drafted Preston Williams, Slayton, Diontae Johnson, and had Mclaurin before trading him away in a bigger trade for what is now the 1.3. But if this was the case, then AJ Brown would have been the unanimous number 1 pick this year, with his college production. That was not the case
Dynasty Team 1:

WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy

Dynasty Team 2:

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:55 pm

AJ brown lets goooo. Top 10 rookie PFF grade of all time, and top 10 NFL WR PFF grade currently. Another amazing game, and a great end to the season. Interesting to see what a full season with Tannehill will hold, and 1100 yards 9 Tot TDs is pretty sweet as a rookie.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:57 pm

AJ Brown is the real deal... What the heck is up with Isabella?? He stands next to Kingsbury all game just waiting to get in while guys like Byrd get the receptions. Frustrating, some character issue or somethings up??

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:23 am

esloan35 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:57 pm AJ Brown is the real deal... What the heck is up with Isabella?? He stands next to Kingsbury all game just waiting to get in while guys like Byrd get the receptions. Frustrating, some character issue or somethings up??
You mean he’s not supposed to just sit there and check in for jet sweeps. I mean this guy didn’t even get his first target until like Week 5. First TARGET. Either Isabella has no ability as an NFL WR or Kingbury has zero clue how to use him.
I understand being hard on you rookies and playing them sparingly, but when your season is basically over mid way through and you are starting Damere Byrd and Pharoah Cooper over the WR you took in the second round there’s some issue somewhere. Pharoah Cooper was basically signed mid-Season and in his first game probably had about as many snaps as Isabella that week.

I’m not too worried about it because it will only be a matter of time before Kingbury is fired so just hope it’s sooner rather than later. If you can’t win in the NCAA in one of the weakest defensive conferences in CFB, how do you expect to win in the NFL? Once teams have his tape from this year, Kingbury’s offense is going to get obliterated in Season 2.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:33 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:23 am
esloan35 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:57 pm AJ Brown is the real deal... What the heck is up with Isabella?? He stands next to Kingsbury all game just waiting to get in while guys like Byrd get the receptions. Frustrating, some character issue or somethings up??
You mean he’s not supposed to just sit there and check in for jet sweeps. I mean this guy didn’t even get his first target until like Week 5. First TARGET. Either Isabella has no ability as an NFL WR or Kingbury has zero clue how to use him.
I understand being hard on you rookies and playing them sparingly, but when your season is basically over mid way through and you are starting Damere Byrd and Pharoah Cooper over the WR you took in the second round there’s some issue somewhere. Pharoah Cooper was basically signed mid-Season and in his first game probably had about as many snaps as Isabella that week.

I’m not too worried about it because it will only be a matter of time before Kingbury is fired so just hope it’s sooner rather than later. If you can’t win in the NCAA in one of the weakest defensive conferences in CFB, how do you expect to win in the NFL? Once teams have his tape from this year, Kingbury’s offense is going to get obliterated in Season 2.
You realize that his college offenses were great and that his defenses were atrocious, largely due to the fact that good defensive talent doesn't go to Big 12 schools, especially non-Texas and non-Oklahoma schools. Ain't no way you can change that culture.

As for Isabella, I was a huge fan and supporter of his and drafted him everywhere I could. I am hugely disappointed by his rookie campaign. I don't think that Kingsbury has anything against rookies in general. Other rookie WRs did find the field early and often. I think Isabella has some kind of learning impediment and he's failed to pick up the schemes or terminology. I'm sure he's a hard worker and fully-engaged, and there's been no news of any injury... So it must be something about him not getting the offensive system and being a huge liability (i.e. would run the wrong route or otherwise do the wrong thing on the field). He must really be stinking it up in practices... He's a smart kid and I suspect he will get it together.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:26 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:33 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:23 am

You realize that his college offenses were great and that his defenses were atrocious, largely due to the fact that good defensive talent doesn't go to Big 12 schools, especially non-Texas and non-Oklahoma schools. Ain't no way you can change that culture.

As for Isabella, I was a huge fan and supporter of his and drafted him everywhere I could. I am hugely disappointed by his rookie campaign. I don't think that Kingsbury has anything against rookies in general. Other rookie WRs did find the field early and often. I think Isabella has some kind of learning impediment and he's failed to pick up the schemes or terminology. I'm sure he's a hard worker and fully-engaged, and there's been no news of any injury... So it must be something about him not getting the offensive system and being a huge liability (i.e. would run the wrong route or otherwise do the wrong thing on the field). He must really be stinking it up in practices... He's a smart kid and I suspect he will get it together.
Man I hope so.. it's a head scratcher for sure!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 am

Deebo finished with close to 1000 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD each Rushing and Receiving. Glad to see his college game translate. Such a beast with the ball in his hands. I've said it before, but he's a great fit for that offense. I look forward to seeing if he can improve on this year or not. I have my doubts that this is his ceiling, but I'm not too confident it goes much higher than this

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:31 am Deebo finished with close to 1000 yards from scrimmage and 3 TD each Rushing and Receiving. Glad to see his college game translate. Such a beast with the ball in his hands. I've said it before, but he's a great fit for that offense. I look forward to seeing if he can improve on this year or not. I have my doubts that this is his ceiling, but I'm not too confident it goes much higher than this
I 100% agree. I think he is a great player, but I think his ceiling is a high WR 2 type player. In my opinion he doesn’t have the traits of a WR1 receiver like AJ Brown, Mclaurin, or metcalf. This is all just based on what I’ve seen though.
Dynasty Team 1:

Dynasty Team 2:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:14 pm

2019 Rookie WR Receiver Results:

AJ Brown - 84 Targets
52-1051-8

Terry McLaurin - 93 Targets
58-919-7

DK Metcalf - 100 Targets
58-900-7

Deebo Samuel - 81 Targets
57-803-3

Darius Slayton - 83 Targets
48-740-8

Diontae Johnson - 92 Targets
59-680-5

Hunter Renfrow - 71 Targets
49-605-4

----------------- 600 yard mark

Marquise Brown - 71 Targets
46-584-7

Mecole Hardman - 41 Targets
26-538-6

Preston Williams - 60 Targets
32-428-3

Kelvin Harmon - 44 Targets
30-365-0

Jakobi Meyers - 41 Targets
26-359-0

Steven Sims - 56 Targets
34-310-4

Olabisi Johnson - 45 Targets
31-294-3

Scott Miller - 26 Targets
13-200-1

Miles Boykin - 22 Targets
13-198-3

Andy Isabella - 13 Targets
9-189-1

KeeSean Johnson - 42 Targets
21-187-1

JJ Arcega-Whiteside - 22 Targets
10-169-1

Keelan Doss - 14 Targets
11-133-0

Parris Campbell - 24 Targets
18-127-1

Olamide Zaccheaus - 5 Targets
3-115-1

N'Keal Harry - 24 Targets
12-105-2

Damion Willis - 16 Targets
9-82-0

Riley Ridley - 7 Targets
6-69-0

Alexander Hollins - 4 Targets
2-46-0

Jason Moore - 5 Targets
2-43-0

Gunner Olszewski - 4 Targets
2-34-0

Deonte Harris - 6 Targets
6-24-0

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:16 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:47 pm Thats basically 10 WRs with a pace of at least 600 yards - which may not sound like much but thats basically 40 yards a game - and they are rookies. And apart from Metcalf & Hardman, none of them are playing with QBs that most owners respect. ;)
Just so people understand this a little better

# of Rookie WRs that had 600+ yards:

2018 - 2
2017 - 3
2016 - 4
2015 - 4
2014 - 9
2013 - 4
2012 - 5

2019 - now that Preston Williams is on IR - has 9 on pace. Probably wont finish with 9 but could have the most of the last 7 years except for 2014.
As seen in the previous post 2019 ended with 7 Rookie WRs with 600+ yards - the best result since 2014.