Dante Pettis ... What Is Happening?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:11 am

That drop he made on the would-be 1st down right near the sideline didn't help matters... gotta take the hard hit anyways, MAKE THE CATCH.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:11 am That drop he made on the would-be 1st down right near the sideline didn't help matters... gotta take the hard hit anyways, MAKE THE CATCH.
Yep. He's an afterthought. Maybe he'll get some punt returns. The fact his work ethic/effort was being questioned all off season, and the fact guys like Bourne etc. appear to be more in the game plan, is certainly an indictment. He's trending more towards WW fodder than buy low.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:26 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:11 am That drop he made on the would-be 1st down right near the sideline didn't help matters... gotta take the hard hit anyways, MAKE THE CATCH.
Yep. He's an afterthought. Maybe he'll get some punt returns. The fact his work ethic/effort was being questioned all off season, and the fact guys like Bourne etc. appear to be more in the game plan, is certainly an indictment. He's trending more towards WW fodder than buy low.
I sold my share...

2021 3rd (it's an IDP league with big IDP req's so more like a late 2nd, but still - I was thrilled to move him for that much...)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:17 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:26 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:16 am
I sold my share...

2021 3rd (it's an IDP league with big IDP req's so more like a late 2nd, but still - I was thrilled to move him for that much...)
I drafted him almost everywhere and ended up trading him away from every team kinda by accident, before all of the talk about his work ethic. I only bought low in one league once the season started (gave Chris Conley for him) and now I'll just have to hold

I'm sure this kind of stuff happens all the time in the NFL, but I don't remember it being put on full display like this. I'm also surprised it happened with a 2nd year player who showed a lot of promise in his rookie season

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 am

he'll do a boyd. maybe. probably not.
bourne was a much bigger liability for the niners on monday.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:31 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 am he'll do a boyd. maybe. probably not.
At least he scored a TD.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:31 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 am he'll do a boyd. maybe. probably not.
At least he scored a TD.
While he also had a few drops, at least he played with intensity and actually got open.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am

At least he scored a TD.
i did notice that, but his drops were worse than pettis', and more costly.
also, pettis and bourne have scored the same number of TDs.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:04 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am
At least he scored a TD.
i did notice that, but his drops were worse than pettis', and more costly.
also, pettis and bourne have scored the same number of TDs.
Drops are a nature of the game. They both have 3 drops this year. Bourne does have 3 more receptions and 91 more yards on the same number of targets.

What is interesting is Pettis a 2nd round draft pick cannot seem to beat out Undrafted Bourne.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:45 am

Ice wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:04 am What is interesting is Pettis a 2nd round draft pick cannot seem to beat out Undrafted Bourne.
and an undrafted who isn't playing well at all, we agree there.
he is of course a disappointment, i think he's getting a slightly harder treatment (thank bourne, for example) because of what was expected from him, rightly or wrongly.

drops are a nature of the game but it's better not to have them.
one thing is getting the ball and losing it because of a tackle. another is to let the ball go through your hands and into the hands of a defender, twice.

i have both so who cares really, they'll be dropped by week 3 next season if not earlier, but i was a lot more nervous when garoppolo threw it to #84. what really matters is that deebo is showing he has what is needed! (yes, i do have pretty much the whole niners receiving room, including sanders)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:26 pm

Speaking of Pettis:

" "Head coach Kyle Shanahan said of receiver Dante Pettis: "The more he doesn't take advantage of his opportunities, the less opportunities he gets."

Analysis: Ouch. The second-year receiver continues to struggle mightily and hasn't logged more than 33 snaps since week seven, though his week ten snaps (33) were greater than those received in weeks eight (20) and nine (22). If snaps only guaranteed productivity. In week ten versus Seattle, Pettis turned those 33 snaps in to three targets and no receptions. Over the previous two weeks his combined 42 snaps yielded two receptions for 26 yards but he did score his second touchdown of the year. It's been a dismal year for a player so many were high on as the sophomore finished his 2018 rookie campaign so strongly, suggesting he would be a fixture as a starter in 2019. Instead, he's faded badly, is nearly off the fantasy radar and continues to slide down the depth chart. There's still reason for optimism as he remains only 24 and will enter his third year in 2020 but faces an uphill climb to reestablish his dynasty relevance. He's currently found as DLF's WR60."

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Has anyone actually watched him running routes of the few snaps he's getting into games this season? I'm asking because I have not and am curious to know if he's getting open at all and running good routes or if he's just in the dog house for attitude and work ethic or what? I'd be surprised if he ever works his way into the starting lineup for the 49ers ever again after what Shanahan said after the game. That's a brutal coach call out

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Titans95 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm Has anyone actually watched him running routes of the few snaps he's getting into games this season? I'm asking because I have not and am curious to know if he's getting open at all and running good routes or if he's just in the dog house for attitude and work ethic or what? I'd be surprised if he ever works his way into the starting lineup for the 49ers ever again after what Shanahan said after the game. That's a brutal coach call out
He hasnt shown well in practice and isn't playing with intensity, he's going through the motions.

He's running good routes. He's quick in and out of breaks, he's an explosive athlete but there's been no consistency and he hasn't taken things to the next level like an emerging sophomore should.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:54 pm
Titans95 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm Has anyone actually watched him running routes of the few snaps he's getting into games this season? I'm asking because I have not and am curious to know if he's getting open at all and running good routes or if he's just in the dog house for attitude and work ethic or what? I'd be surprised if he ever works his way into the starting lineup for the 49ers ever again after what Shanahan said after the game. That's a brutal coach call out
He hasnt shown well in practice and isn't playing with intensity, he's going through the motions.

He's running good routes. He's quick in and out of breaks, he's an explosive athlete but there's been no consistency and he hasn't taken things to the next level like an emerging sophomore should.
Intensity is a key word. WR's need to sell routes every play regardless what option they are on a given play.

I personally don't think he is a good route runner due to lack of creativity. He runs the same basic speed with no nuance to his game. He may be smooth but I never liked his repetitive nature personally.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm

I mean there’s definitely tape on him breaking ankles from this year to preseason to last year. Definitely a very good route runner. Brett kollmann and Chris Harris both said the same that he looked great on film. Problem seems to be effort this year. Not sure what’s up
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd