Dante Pettis ... What Is Happening?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Prison_Mike
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1474
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:47 am

abloom wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:39 am
Prison_Mike wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:21 am
remedy29 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 am
Does Pettis still have value now that SF traded for Emmanuel Sanders? I would think if he has any value he is a year or two away. He was dropped in my league and I suspect he'll be dropped in lots of leagues.
Bingo

Looks like he went from a breakout hopeful to a stash
yup really regretting not trading him in the off season, but hey, I was buying into the hype. I think he may need a new team, which he very well could get if the 49ers make some more moves either in the draft or with vets next off season.
Yeah I drafted him on most of my teams but then ended up trading away all shares (not a intentionally, just kinda happened lol)

& yep it'll be interesting to see what they do @ WR, agree that they'll likely draft another. I could see him getting an opportunity elsewhere. I feel like he flashed too much talent to get bumped down to the 4th guy on the depth chart. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part
Team 1:
12-team | Half PPR | 1QB - (Year 2)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLX
QB: Dak, Stafford, Fitzpatrick
RB: Saquon, Sanders, Drake, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Penny, Wilson
WR: Hopkins, OBJ, Kirk, MJJ, Crowder, Tate, Tyrell, Conley, Mooney, Davis
TE: Engram, Jonnu, Ian Thomas, Olsen, K.Smith

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | 1QB - (Year 2)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, DST, K
QB: Dak, Cam, Big Ben, Dalton
RB: Zeke, Sanders, Bell, Dobbins, Conner, Robinson, Justice, T.Williams
WR: Hopkins, Keenan, Boyd, DJM, Lamb, Miller, D-Jax, AB, Stills
TE: Engram, Hock, Ian Thomas, Herndon, Oliver
(Taxi): Mooney, Reed

Team 3:
10-team | PPR | 1QB — (3-Keeper)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1DST, 1K
QB: Cam, 12-inch Minsh
RB: CMC, Sanders, Robinson
WR: Adams, DJM, Woods, Parker, Gallup, Edelman, AJG
TE: Andrews, Alie-Cox
2021 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (my own)

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8360
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:00 am

remedy29 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 am
Does Pettis still have value now that SF traded for Emmanuel Sanders? I would think if he has any value he is a year or two away. He was dropped in my league and I suspect he'll be dropped in lots of leagues.
His hype got a little crazy last year and I should have sold... Just dropped him for KeeSean. They're both similar for me but ARI has more potential for pass catchers I think. In terms of volume and less depth (once Fitz finally retires should help)
[size=85]
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin, Dillon, Hasty, Mattison, Pollard, Scott, Wilson (IR), Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Preston, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, Penny
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Mooney, Lazard (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3
[/size]

Ice
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 am

The only good news for Pettis is 14 out of his total 20 targets YTD came in the past 4 games so he isn't on life support just yet but he is in ICU. His total fantasy production in those 4 games is 11.1 points.

The bad news is there are 104 WR's in fantasy ranked ahead of him given 5 of his 7 games are under 2.2 points YTD with only one double digit 12 point effort in week 4.

At this rate he will have tough time sticking on their roster next season as a 2nd round pick.

I think his days are numbered in 49's country unless he steps up significantly with his minimal opportunities the last half of the season. He is going to need a very good off season next year as a 3rd year player to even get out of camp with a job.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

Online
User avatar
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am

SF barely passes the ball and when they do it's mostly short controlled short to intermediate passes. He's struggled no doubt, but he hasn't been some disaster by any stretch of the imagination.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5338
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 am

remedy29 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:22 am
Does Pettis still have value now that SF traded for Emmanuel Sanders? I would think if he has any value he is a year or two away. He was dropped in my league and I suspect he'll be dropped in lots of leagues.
Sanders has one year left on his deal. He was brought in for right now and I suspect it was largely because Trent Taylor wasn’t making progress on his injury fast enough. The more worrying thing for me with regards to Pettis is that it seems like Kendrick Bourne is ahead of him.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11490
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:49 am

He went from being a breakout hopeful, who I was thinking could maybe have a line like 65-900-5 this year, to now he is a back-of-the-roster stash, a la Josh Reynolds or Daesean Hamilton or James Washington.
BOTH TEAMS BELOW ARE 1QB

TEAM A - 12 teams (19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Brees, Ryan, Tua
COOK/JACOBS/MIXON, Dobbins, Hunt, Swift, Singletary, Bell, B Hill, Wilkins
NUK/HILL/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, M Brown, D Johnson, Ruggs, Hilton, Pittman, G Davis, Ford, Wims
KITTLE, Waller, Akins, H Bryant
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league. The Bosa Bros, D-Buck, and Cam Jordan are my main studs.
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get 1.5x bump in scoring
LAMAR, Rivers, Cousins, Darnold, J Love
SAQUON/MIXON/GORDON, Carson, Dobbins, Ingram, D Freeman, Clement
NUK/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN/JULIO, Evans, Thielen, DJ Moore, Lamb, Alshon
KITTLE/HENRY, James O
-
Danielle Hunter, Aaron Donald, and Chris Jones are the cornerstones of my IDP squad. LBs and DBs are rag tag for now.

User avatar
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3512
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:02 am

I was honestly pretty shocked how high people were on him. I never saw him as much more than a return specialist tbh.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Winston(TB)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI HOU
[rookie] NHarry(NE)Haskins(WAS)
DSwift(DET)Ruggs(NV)Jefferson(MIN)

2 1sts - 2021's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

Ice
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Ice » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am
SF barely passes the ball and when they do it's mostly short controlled short to intermediate passes. He's struggled no doubt, but he hasn't been some disaster by any stretch of the imagination.
San Fran does run a lot but they are averaging 27 passes per game at a 7.9 average. Pettis is averaging 12.6 total yards per game which leaves 200 yards per game going to different WR's. Pettis is averaging 3.64 points per game which he has only hit above that mark twice in 7 games.

Not sure of your definition of a disaster but given his hype weighed against a regression from his rookie year, it sure likes a disaster to me of almost epic proportions.

Last week Pettis played 20 of 65 offensive snaps. No way Sanders even knows the offense yet played 52 snaps.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

User avatar
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4563
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Titans95 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm
Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am
SF barely passes the ball and when they do it's mostly short controlled short to intermediate passes. He's struggled no doubt, but he hasn't been some disaster by any stretch of the imagination.
San Fran does run a lot but they are averaging 27 passes per game at a 7.9 average. Pettis is averaging 12.6 total yards per game which leaves 200 yards per game going to different WR's. Pettis is averaging 3.64 points per game which he has only hit above that mark twice in 7 games.

Not sure of your definition of a disaster but given his hype weighed against a regression from his rookie year, it sure likes a disaster to me of almost epic proportions.

Last week Pettis played 20 of 65 offensive snaps. No way Sanders even knows the offense yet played 52 snaps.
I couldn't agree more. I look at Deebo and say "hey the stats are there because this is a run first team with a great defense and a mediocre QB but he's showing some signs of life as a rookie and is on the field regularly"....I could forget all the lack of production issues with Pettis and still be hopeful for him but the fact in week 9 he is only on the field for 30% of snaps a DISASTER....we are talking about a a backup player right now not even a starter....He may figure it out in year 3 but I wouldn't hold your breath. I defended him after the first couple of weeks and I really liked what I saw out of him as a rookie but its week 9 and this is BAD.

User avatar
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1221
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:15 pm

Titans95 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:20 pm
Ice wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:12 pm
Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am
SF barely passes the ball and when they do it's mostly short controlled short to intermediate passes. He's struggled no doubt, but he hasn't been some disaster by any stretch of the imagination.
San Fran does run a lot but they are averaging 27 passes per game at a 7.9 average. Pettis is averaging 12.6 total yards per game which leaves 200 yards per game going to different WR's. Pettis is averaging 3.64 points per game which he has only hit above that mark twice in 7 games.

Not sure of your definition of a disaster but given his hype weighed against a regression from his rookie year, it sure likes a disaster to me of almost epic proportions.

Last week Pettis played 20 of 65 offensive snaps. No way Sanders even knows the offense yet played 52 snaps.
I couldn't agree more. I look at Deebo and say "hey the stats are there because this is a run first team with a great defense and a mediocre QB but he's showing some signs of life as a rookie and is on the field regularly"....I could forget all the lack of production issues with Pettis and still be hopeful for him but the fact in week 9 he is only on the field for 30% of snaps a DISASTER....we are talking about a a backup player right now not even a starter....He may figure it out in year 3 but I wouldn't hold your breath. I defended him after the first couple of weeks and I really liked what I saw out of him as a rookie but its week 9 and this is BAD.
pretty much. Deebo also makes way more sense to be on the field now than he did before. Deebo/Goodwin is a terrible combo but a legit, do it all WR like Manny opens up Deebo to do his gadget/RAC thing. I guess a best case scenario would be Saleh gets a HC job and Manny walks but it's so hard to see SF ever trusting him to be plan A in March/April ever again

Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1658
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:09 pm

"The more he doesn't take advantage of his opportunities, the less opportunities he gets."
-- #49ers coach Kyle Shanahan on WR Dante Pettis.
Image

jordanzs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:11 pm
Location: USA

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby jordanzs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Niners should've drafted Christian Kirk instead.

Pettis is turning into AJ Jenkins 2.0.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain
Posts: 844
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 pm

His confidence has got to be completely shot as well. Hope they release him and let him start over.
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Jones
RB: Barkley, CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Penny, Robinson
WR: Evans, DJM, AJB, Chark, Lamb, Jeudy, J Jefferson, Ruggs, Higgins, P. Williams, Edwards, Shenault, Mims
TE: Andrews, Jonnu, Hock, Hurst
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
2021 Picks: 2nd

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8360
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Stick a fork in em
[size=85]
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, D. Jones, Baker
RB: JT, Mostert (IR), Gaskin, Dillon, Hasty, Mattison, Pollard, Scott, Wilson (IR), Damien (IR)
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Preston, Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1, 2, 3

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Hurts
RB: CMC (IR), Saquon (IR), Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt, M. Davis, Penny
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, G. Davis, Washington, Mooney, Lazard (IR), Parris (IR)
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Irv, Tonyan
2021: 2, 3, 3
2022: 1, 2, 3, 3
[/size]

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 16939
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 pm
Stick a fork in em
I disagree. "em" is a slang/short form for them.

Stick a for in him. :wink:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, DynastyDrum30, Farley, Google [Bot], Jigga94, JJRules, Space Cowboy, Sriracha, whaley88 and 19 guests