Gardner Minshew

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
Never Veto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3550
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 pm
Location: Viking Country

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Never Veto » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am

I just watched him go for 51% of someones FAAB in a 14 team non SF. That number was absolutely insane to me
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)


QB - Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, Andrew Luck
RB - Kenyan Drake, Rashaad Penny, Royce Freeman, Malcolm Brown
WR - Odell Bechkam Jr, Adam Thielen, Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Curtis Samuel
TE - Zach Ertz, OJ Howard
IR - Jerrick McKinnon
PS - Jarrett Stidham, Gary Jennings,

RB6
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7213
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby RB6 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am

Never Veto wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am
I just watched him go for 51% of someones FAAB in a 14 team non SF. That number was absolutely insane to me
In a 14 team SF, that seems like a great price. Thankfully, I snagged him off the wire before the season started. Hoping to flip for a 1st, but will likely settle for a 2nd.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Watson, Wilson, Lock, Tua, Tannehill
MT, Diggs, Woods, Boyd, Reagor, Shepard, Deebo, Pascal, S. Sims
Barkley, Ingram, Akers, Lindsay, Royce, Henderson, Justice
Andrews, Higbee, Jonnu

.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/2F
LJax, Lock, Burrow, Ben, Foles, Eason, Rosen
Adams, Julio, Kupp, Lockett, MWill, Shepard, Parris, Sims, Hamler, Duvernay, Van, S. Miller, Proche, Reed, ESB
Zeke, Ingram, Mostert, Hunt, Pollard, Hines, Laird, C. Thompson, Calais
Andrews, Knox, Asiasi, Keene, Oliver

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, ARod, Goff, Mullens, Eason, Stick
LF, Singletary, Mack, Breida, Hines, Laird, Eno, D. Freeman, C. Thompson
MT, Kupp, Boyd, Dede, G. Tate, Crowder, Hamler, A. Tate, Pascal, Higgins, ESB
Andrews, Thomas

PPR TE1.5 Return YDS 1Q/3W/2R/1SF/3F
Allen, Baker, Cam, Keenum
MT, Ridley, Lockett, Thielen, Hardman, Miller, Shepard, Robby, Reynolds, Sims, Reed
MG, Singletary, Guice, Cohen, Gibson
Andrews, Henry, Olsen, Warring, Alie-Cox
Taxi: Morgan, Quez, Perry, Robinson, Calais

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7009
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 pm

RB6 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am
Never Veto wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am
I just watched him go for 51% of someones FAAB in a 14 team non SF. That number was absolutely insane to me
In a 14 team SF, that seems like a great price. Thankfully, I snagged him off the wire before the season started. Hoping to flip for a 1st, but will likely settle for a 2nd.
He said non SF, but your point is correct referring to SF
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, JK Dobbins, Hunt, Penny, J. Jackson
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Reagor, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

RB6
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7213
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby RB6 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 pm
RB6 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am
Never Veto wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am
I just watched him go for 51% of someones FAAB in a 14 team non SF. That number was absolutely insane to me
In a 14 team SF, that seems like a great price. Thankfully, I snagged him off the wire before the season started. Hoping to flip for a 1st, but will likely settle for a 2nd.
He said non SF, but your point is correct referring to SF
My mistake. Must've read too quickly. Yes, that is insane then.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Watson, Wilson, Lock, Tua, Tannehill
MT, Diggs, Woods, Boyd, Reagor, Shepard, Deebo, Pascal, S. Sims
Barkley, Ingram, Akers, Lindsay, Royce, Henderson, Justice
Andrews, Higbee, Jonnu

.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/2F
LJax, Lock, Burrow, Ben, Foles, Eason, Rosen
Adams, Julio, Kupp, Lockett, MWill, Shepard, Parris, Sims, Hamler, Duvernay, Van, S. Miller, Proche, Reed, ESB
Zeke, Ingram, Mostert, Hunt, Pollard, Hines, Laird, C. Thompson, Calais
Andrews, Knox, Asiasi, Keene, Oliver

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, ARod, Goff, Mullens, Eason, Stick
LF, Singletary, Mack, Breida, Hines, Laird, Eno, D. Freeman, C. Thompson
MT, Kupp, Boyd, Dede, G. Tate, Crowder, Hamler, A. Tate, Pascal, Higgins, ESB
Andrews, Thomas

PPR TE1.5 Return YDS 1Q/3W/2R/1SF/3F
Allen, Baker, Cam, Keenum
MT, Ridley, Lockett, Thielen, Hardman, Miller, Shepard, Robby, Reynolds, Sims, Reed
MG, Singletary, Guice, Cohen, Gibson
Andrews, Henry, Olsen, Warring, Alie-Cox
Taxi: Morgan, Quez, Perry, Robinson, Calais

Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7009
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 pm

RB6 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 pm
RB6 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am


In a 14 team SF, that seems like a great price. Thankfully, I snagged him off the wire before the season started. Hoping to flip for a 1st, but will likely settle for a 2nd.
He said non SF, but your point is correct referring to SF
My mistake. Must've read too quickly. Yes, that is insane then.
:thumbup:
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, JK Dobbins, Hunt, Penny, J. Jackson
WR: DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Reagor, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 am

Foles has won a Super Bowl and got hurt throwing a near perfect TD pass.

Minshew hasn’t won a game in the NFL.

He is worth a flyer but it’s not difficult. Foles is the starter.

The Jags will have to go undefeated until Foles is healthy before he is even considered a real threat.
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

User avatar
Paul717
Starter
Starter
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:47 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Paul717 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am

Three different people in my league bid $100 (I.E. 100%) of their FAAB on him. At that point the Commish did a random drawing type thing to see who gets him. Our league is fairly deep (16 x 24) so this is not uncommon for a contributor after Week 1.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Deshaun Watson, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Aaron Jones, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, Peyton Barber, Trayveon Williams, Darrel Williams, Dare Ogunbowale, J.D. McKissic
WR: Calvin Ridley, A.J. Brown, Jamison Crowder, Emmanuel Sanders, James Washington, Zach Pascal, DaeSean Hamilton, Jakobi Meyers, Kendrick Bourne, Paul Richardson, Geronimo Allison, Antonio Brown :(
TE: T.J. Hockenson
K: Don't have one during the "offseason", my team missed playoffs in 2019 :(
Team DST: Lions

Picks:
2020: 1.04, 2.04, 3.04, 3.11 (Shrimp), 3.13 (Harlem Hailmakers), 4.10 (Cookie Monsters), 5.06 (Smooth Doctors), 5.11 (Shrimp), 8.04

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

RB6
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7213
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby RB6 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am

Paul717 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am
Three different people in my league bid $100 (I.E. 100%) of their FAAB on him. At that point the Commish did a random drawing type thing to see who gets him. Our league is fairly deep (16 x 24) so this is not uncommon for a contributor after Week 1.
Shouldn't it be awarded to the owner lowest in the standings in case of a tie?
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Watson, Wilson, Lock, Tua, Tannehill
MT, Diggs, Woods, Boyd, Reagor, Shepard, Deebo, Pascal, S. Sims
Barkley, Ingram, Akers, Lindsay, Royce, Henderson, Justice
Andrews, Higbee, Jonnu

.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/2F
LJax, Lock, Burrow, Ben, Foles, Eason, Rosen
Adams, Julio, Kupp, Lockett, MWill, Shepard, Parris, Sims, Hamler, Duvernay, Van, S. Miller, Proche, Reed, ESB
Zeke, Ingram, Mostert, Hunt, Pollard, Hines, Laird, C. Thompson, Calais
Andrews, Knox, Asiasi, Keene, Oliver

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, ARod, Goff, Mullens, Eason, Stick
LF, Singletary, Mack, Breida, Hines, Laird, Eno, D. Freeman, C. Thompson
MT, Kupp, Boyd, Dede, G. Tate, Crowder, Hamler, A. Tate, Pascal, Higgins, ESB
Andrews, Thomas

PPR TE1.5 Return YDS 1Q/3W/2R/1SF/3F
Allen, Baker, Cam, Keenum
MT, Ridley, Lockett, Thielen, Hardman, Miller, Shepard, Robby, Reynolds, Sims, Reed
MG, Singletary, Guice, Cohen, Gibson
Andrews, Henry, Olsen, Warring, Alie-Cox
Taxi: Morgan, Quez, Perry, Robinson, Calais

User avatar
Never Veto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3550
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 pm
Location: Viking Country

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Never Veto » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:31 am

Ice wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 am
Foles has won a Super Bowl and got hurt throwing a near perfect TD pass.

Minshew hasn’t won a game in the NFL.

He is worth a flyer but it’s not difficult. Foles is the starter.

The Jags will have to go undefeated until Foles is healthy before he is even considered a real threat.
Last I checked Minshew is the starter
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)


QB - Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, Andrew Luck
RB - Kenyan Drake, Rashaad Penny, Royce Freeman, Malcolm Brown
WR - Odell Bechkam Jr, Adam Thielen, Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Curtis Samuel
TE - Zach Ertz, OJ Howard
IR - Jerrick McKinnon
PS - Jarrett Stidham, Gary Jennings,

User avatar
Paul717
Starter
Starter
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:47 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Paul717 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:18 am

RB6 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am
Paul717 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am
Three different people in my league bid $100 (I.E. 100%) of their FAAB on him. At that point the Commish did a random drawing type thing to see who gets him. Our league is fairly deep (16 x 24) so this is not uncommon for a contributor after Week 1.
Shouldn't it be awarded to the owner lowest in the standings in case of a tie?
By default that is what happens on our website. But our league instituted a rule whereby everyone should have equal footing in the case of tie bids. One could argue that worst team getting free agents makes sense for a redraft or shallow keeper league, but in a dynasty league less so; perhaps.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Deshaun Watson, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Aaron Jones, Jalen Richard, DeAndre Washington, Peyton Barber, Trayveon Williams, Darrel Williams, Dare Ogunbowale, J.D. McKissic
WR: Calvin Ridley, A.J. Brown, Jamison Crowder, Emmanuel Sanders, James Washington, Zach Pascal, DaeSean Hamilton, Jakobi Meyers, Kendrick Bourne, Paul Richardson, Geronimo Allison, Antonio Brown :(
TE: T.J. Hockenson
K: Don't have one during the "offseason", my team missed playoffs in 2019 :(
Team DST: Lions

Picks:
2020: 1.04, 2.04, 3.04, 3.11 (Shrimp), 3.13 (Harlem Hailmakers), 4.10 (Cookie Monsters), 5.06 (Smooth Doctors), 5.11 (Shrimp), 8.04

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2357
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Never Veto wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:31 am
Ice wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 am
Foles has won a Super Bowl and got hurt throwing a near perfect TD pass.

Minshew hasn’t won a game in the NFL.

He is worth a flyer but it’s not difficult. Foles is the starter.

The Jags will have to go undefeated until Foles is healthy before he is even considered a real threat.
Last I checked Minshew is the starter
Really dude!

Come on Man..... 😎
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Nick Foles is who he has always been, a high-quality back up. He is basically a young Fitzpatrick.

Minshew at least has the chance to develop into something more.

User avatar
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3489
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:42 pm

What are the odds this guy says.

"Let's kick some tires and light some fires!! Woooooh!!"

As a pregame speech??
QB - DWatson(HOU)Winston(TB)Finely(DEN)
RB - TGurley(LAR)DJohnson(ARI)NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)
WR - ODB(NYG)AJ Green(CIN)ACooper (DAL)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Badgley(LAC)
Def - JAGS DET
[rookie] NHarry(NE)MBrown(BAL)Haskins(WAS)

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 - 2020's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14265
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Phaded wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm
Nick Foles is who he has always been, a high-quality back up. He is basically a young Fitzpatrick.

Minshew at least has the chance to develop into something more.
Foles went 27/2 one year. He's been a high quality starter, too. He had bad years with Jeff Fisher, but he's had success as a starter on multiple occasions. He's better than Fitz.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

User avatar
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: Gardner Minshew

Postby notweswelker » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:55 am

Ice wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:34 am
Foles has won a Super Bowl and got hurt throwing a near perfect TD pass.

Minshew hasn’t won a game in the NFL.

He is worth a flyer but it’s not difficult. Foles is the starter.

The Jags will have to go undefeated until Foles is healthy before he is even considered a real threat.
I have no shares of either, but I disagree wholeheartedly with this take.
Foles wasn't even the starter on his own team after winning that Superbowl.
He's essentially been a high quality back-up caliber player his entire career and has proved absolutely nothing in JAX as of yet.
If Minshew steps in and plays well Foles' spot is pretty easily up for grabs. Is he actually going to do that? I don't know. But you're talking about Foles like he is some franchise QB whose spot is secure, when that's pretty far from reality.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Csl312 and 45 guests