Off to Parris. Oui oui

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheNuts
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 4:56 am

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby TheNuts » Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Rookie hype is in beast mode right now. I am not speaking on any rookies ability, since most players can find like 50% on either of any argument at this point.

Campbell being a hidden gem though? Can we just call every rookie a hidden gem then? Is Josh Jacobs a hidden gem? Campbell is being drafted mid to late first. I'm not quite getting where the hidden part is.

Online
Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6454
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:06 pm

TheNuts wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm
Rookie hype is in beast mode right now. I am not speaking on any rookies ability, since most players can find like 50% on either of any argument at this point.

Campbell being a hidden gem though? Can we just call every rookie a hidden gem then? Is Josh Jacobs a hidden gem? Campbell is being drafted mid to late first. I'm not quite getting where the hidden part is.
This thread was made almost 2 months ago
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, DJM, Hollywood, Cooks, C. Davis, Preston, Parris, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson, Gaskin
WR: DJM, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, Diontae, C. Davis, Lazard, Parris, MVS, AB
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu, Thomas
2020: 1.09, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2684
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon May 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:06 pm
TheNuts wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm
Rookie hype is in beast mode right now. I am not speaking on any rookies ability, since most players can find like 50% on either of any argument at this point.

Campbell being a hidden gem though? Can we just call every rookie a hidden gem then? Is Josh Jacobs a hidden gem? Campbell is being drafted mid to late first. I'm not quite getting where the hidden part is.
This thread was made almost 2 months ago
Yeah, the focus of much of our discussions back in March and early April was a handful of other WRs, NKeal, DK Metcalf. Despite the fact that many of the mock and rookie analysis sites (like NFL.com, WalterFootball, etc.) had Parris Campbell fairly high. It seems the dynasty community in general kinda missed this guy, while we were much higher on Harmon...

Online
Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6454
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Haha never got the Harmon love... Although I'll admit he is still a late round target of mine bc of the early love.

Parris is my 4th ranked rookie WR, FWIW... I love the Colts landing spot and if he fell to late 1st, I bet a lot of competitive teams will be happy
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, DJM, Hollywood, Cooks, C. Davis, Preston, Parris, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson, Gaskin
WR: DJM, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, Diontae, C. Davis, Lazard, Parris, MVS, AB
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu, Thomas
2020: 1.09, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2684
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon May 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 pm
Haha never got the Harmon love... Although I'll admit he is still a late round target of mine bc of the early love.

Parris is my 4th ranked rookie WR, FWIW... I love the Colts landing spot and if he fell to late 1st, I bet a lot of competitive teams will be happy
From what I've seen, he is now going 1.06 to 1.09 pretty consistently, so late 1st isn't really realistic at this point. AJ Brown and Fant being the guys whove fallen at his expense. Though he's also going earlier occasionally... Guys who don't want to risk getting sniped.

User avatar
DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 am

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue May 28, 2019 3:27 am

Oh yes, rookie fever is alive and well. But isn't this the fun of it all!!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2684
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue May 28, 2019 9:05 pm

I just think that with this coach and this QB, and a team that is on the verge of contending for a title, that a WR picked at #59 has to be taken very seriously indeed. He has great hands and tremendous speed. Maybe he is raw when it comes to running routes, in particular, downfield. But they have Hilton and Funchess to do the downfield stuff now. Parris can focus on what he does best and learn to be a midfield and downfield threat over time.

While they may ease him into the rotation, I think from Year 2 on, he will be getting a lot of work underneath. Maybe not a lot of TDs, but lotta receptions.

:thumbup:

Krypto_King
Captain
Captain
Posts: 917
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Krypto_King » Wed May 29, 2019 4:05 pm

so, like, Keke Coutee but on the Colts?

Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Lumps » Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Krypto_King wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:05 pm
so, like, Keke Coutee but on the Colts?
Not in the same ballpark for me. IMO, the Keke love is FAR out of control.
Image

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4332
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Just reading notes from OTAs. They using Campbell like hes Tavon Austin. Jet sweeps, gadget plays, bubble screens ect. Have fun with that.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12342
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Lumps wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:05 pm
so, like, Keke Coutee but on the Colts?
Not in the same ballpark for me. IMO, the Keke love is FAR out of control.
They are talking about his usage, that's how they used Coutee. Why is it out of control, anyway? He had double digit receptions twice in 7 games played as a a 21 year old rookie, and had really good college production. I haven't seen anyone going out of control with thinking he is a promising young player. Nobody is saying he's an alpha receiver, a future number 1, or anything.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Online
Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6454
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Just reading notes from OTAs. They using Campbell like hes Tavon Austin. Jet sweeps, gadget plays, bubble screens ect. Have fun with that.
Tyreek was a gadget player too
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, DJM, Hollywood, Cooks, C. Davis, Preston, Parris, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson, Gaskin
WR: DJM, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, Diontae, C. Davis, Lazard, Parris, MVS, AB
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu, Thomas
2020: 1.09, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

Lumps
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Lumps » Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:57 pm
Lumps wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm
Krypto_King wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 4:05 pm
so, like, Keke Coutee but on the Colts?
Not in the same ballpark for me. IMO, the Keke love is FAR out of control.
They are talking about his usage, that's how they used Coutee. Why is it out of control, anyway? He had double digit receptions twice in 7 games played as a a 21 year old rookie, and had really good college production. I haven't seen anyone going out of control with thinking he is a promising young player. Nobody is saying he's an alpha receiver, a future number 1, or anything.
I looked some things up, then saw you were one of the ones that sided with Keke over Isabella... so I don't think we will agree here. But aside from that there was this:
Team 1 in sig (superflex TE Premium)

Should I move Fant for Coutee and a projected mid-early 2020 2nd?


But let's not derail this. Back to Campbell!
Image

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8937
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Just reading notes from OTAs. They using Campbell like hes Tavon Austin. Jet sweeps, gadget plays, bubble screens ect. Have fun with that.
Makes sense. They have to do that until he can develop as a WR.

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4332
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Parris Campbell - another hidden gem?

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 pm
Bot101 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Just reading notes from OTAs. They using Campbell like hes Tavon Austin. Jet sweeps, gadget plays, bubble screens ect. Have fun with that.
Tyreek was a gadget player too
Tyreek was an outlier. I dont bet on outliers.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackOmega, Jigga94, Vcize and 11 guests