Daniel Jones

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Daniel Jones

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 am

nothing against the bloke, but he's a giant, so i hope his ceiling is blake bortles.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 am nothing against the bloke, but he's a giant, so i hope his ceiling is blake bortles.
His floor is right around Haskins' ceiling.
100% analytical opinion.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:57 pm
Phaded wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:01 am I am rooting for him just because everyone was ridiculing him and to be honest, he looked the best of all rookie QBs in the preseason.

I mean, Madden even had Tyree Jackson rated higher than him.

No idea if he will pan out but the arrow is pointing up.
I think most of the ridicule was because they took him.at 6 when it was pretty clear they could have waited until 19.

But hey hes your guy hes your guy dont get cute
haha what did they have Jackson and jones at in madden?

and I think it's always easy to say he would of been there at 17 but theres really no proof of it, someone could of change their minds and took him or a team traded up a head of the giants. if he wins them a super bowl, no one will remember where they could of gotten him.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:14 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 am nothing against the bloke, but he's a giant, so i hope his ceiling is blake bortles.
100% analytical opinion.
So what are the analytics that back up this opinion?

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:15 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:14 pm
100% analytical opinion.
I am a Giants fan of course :D

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:04 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:15 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:14 pm

100% analytical opinion.
I am a Giants fan of course :D
As strong as analytics come

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:26 pm

The poise, accuracy, size, release, hasn't surprised me at all. His downfield aggression sure has. Thought he'd be a solid game manager but he was dropping bombs in buckets.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:26 pm The poise, accuracy, size, release, hasn't surprised me at all. His downfield aggression sure has. Thought he'd be a solid game manager but he was dropping bombs in buckets.
He was one of the best deep ball passers in '18.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/ ... 1085877248?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Needalife wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:49 pm A lot to be seen yet, but a really nice preseason. The key in NY will be to add more top end WR talent, maybe next year. He looks accurate but hasn’t faced a ton of pressure yet. Nice arm, nice poise. More potential and value than many initially gave him credit for
His pre draft analysis had him as a very smart QB, with good mechanics, and a pretty deep ball. The problem? When he doesn't know what's going on he becomes startled and is extremely hesitant to make plays. This is exactly the type of player that would excel in the preseason (where he's going against mostly vanilla defenses) and would face plant in an actual NFL game.

So... seeing him excel in preseason play is encouraging (in the sense that he's not worse than we expected) and unsurprising.

I saw a lot of the same problems Alex Smith had (smart QB, good mechanics, but is a deer in headlights when things don't go as he expects-- which happens a lot in the NFL); and I stand by my pre-draft assessment that he will be a marginal QB talent.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:47 pm

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:26 pm The poise, accuracy, size, release, hasn't surprised me at all. His downfield aggression sure has. Thought he'd be a solid game manager but he was dropping bombs in buckets.

He Looks like the real deal and more importantly for Giants fans it looks like they made the right the pick.

He will be a solid pro IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:11 am

notweswelker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Nice thanks for that. I wasn't in the QB market so I glimpsed over his tape but that's a nice stat.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:25 am

100% analytical opinion.
you guys get so defensive, so quick :lol:

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:31 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:31 pm analysis had him as a very smart QB, with good mechanics, and a pretty deep ball. The problem? When he doesn't know what's going on he becomes startled and is extremely hesitant to make plays. This is exactly the type of player that would excel in the preseason (where he's going against mostly vanilla defenses) and would face plant in an actual NFL game.

So... seeing him excel in preseason play is encouraging (in the sense that he's not worse than we expected) and unsurprising.

I saw a lot of the same problems Alex Smith had (smart QB, good mechanics, but is a deer in headlights when things don't go as he expects-- which happens a lot in the NFL); and I stand by my pre-draft assessment that he will be a marginal QB talent.
They may have been looking for that. When Eli doesn't know what is going on and is startled he makes the "Eli face" and throws the ball to the other team.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm

mratlanta wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:31 am
IZigUZag wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:31 pm analysis had him as a very smart QB, with good mechanics, and a pretty deep ball. The problem? When he doesn't know what's going on he becomes startled and is extremely hesitant to make plays. This is exactly the type of player that would excel in the preseason (where he's going against mostly vanilla defenses) and would face plant in an actual NFL game.

They may have been looking for that. When Eli doesn't know what is going on and is startled he makes the "Eli face" and throws the ball to the other team.
That Eli face led to two superbowls. For those not inclined at math, that's two more than the entirety of Falcons history.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:41 pm
mratlanta wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:31 am

That Eli face led to two superbowls. For those not inclined at math, that's two more than the entirety of Falcons history.
Eli has actually been one of the better QBs under pressure during his career. His demise is also completely exaggerated imo. He's always been a DGAF QB who's succeeded because of great defensive personnel. Now that the Giants defense sucks bleep his warts have been on full display adding to the narrative of him being done.