Devine Ozigbo rumored to have made the Saints Roster

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Devine Ozigbo rumored to have made the Saints Roster

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:16 pm Saints fans seem to be convinced Ozigbo isn't stashable on the practice squad, but I dunno if Ozigbo did enough in preseason to make himself attractive enough to all the other teams that already passed on him in the draft. He had a few flashes in preseason, but I can count the plays on one hand. With digits to spare.
He's terrible. He's literally terrible. He was cut by the Saints, and he's not coming back.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 pm

I dropped him : (

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:56 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm He's terrible. He's literally terrible. He was cut by the Saints, and he's not coming back.
I'm guessing he's going to their practice squad, so.
To all those who asked me on these forums for help acquiring him, and I said avoid at all costs, I hope you listened.
"Help acquring him"? Did Ozigbo even have an ADP in 6-round rookie drafts? Were you giving them a video tutorial on where to click to add players off a waiver-wire? Who were these people? :eh:

Your manner reminds me of another guy that used to post a lot here.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:56 pm Your manner reminds me of another guy that used to post a lot here.
Oooo is the other guy MeuRah?

Sorry low hanging fruit
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:42 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:56 pm
How dare you besmirch Skip's good name that way! :lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:44 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:33 pm He's terrible. He's literally terrible. He was cut by the Saints, and he's not coming back.
To all those who asked me on these forums for help acquiring him, and I said avoid at all costs, I hope you listened.
"Help acquring him"? Did Ozigbo even have an ADP in 6-round rookie drafts? Were you giving them a video tutorial on where to click to add players off a waiver-wire? Who were these people? :eh:

That shouldn't say "asking me", that should just say "asking". And tbh that sentence should be deleted. I just hated the guy so much that I went too far.

If you read the Dynasty Team Advice forum there were maybe a dozen people asking for price checks and what to spend to get him. The hype for a guy that was never going to amount to anything was insane.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:51 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:44 am

The hype for a guy that was never going to amount to anything was insane.
I attributed a lot of it to preseason broadcasters calling him the rb3 in NO while Dwayne Washington sat out with a concussion. DW seemed pretty entreched, so I never really got the hype.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:07 am

So Saints twitterverse was right; Ozigbo didn't make it through waivers.

In terms of fantasy upside analytics there was no place better than NO for Ozigbo (and most RBs) in the league, but Jags are a solid landing spot for any deep sleeper RB candidate, what with Leo's apparent inability to remain healthy.

Of course, I don't see Ozigbo jumping in and usurping Armstead for the #2 job quickly -- Jags actually drafted Armstead, afterall -- but in college Ozigbo demonstrated moderately better 3-down utility than Armstead, and I think the tape shows he's more athletic, too. Plus, Armstead struggled in preseason until the annual fourth game stats inflation.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 am

Three teams made waiver claims on Ozigbo. I guess his preseason flashed more than I thought. https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1 ... 0811583489
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:02 am

I picked him back up.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:08 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:07 am So Saints twitterverse was right; Ozigbo didn't make it through waivers.

In terms of fantasy upside analytics there was no place better than NO for Ozigbo (and most RBs) in the league, but Jags are a solid landing spot for any deep sleeper RB candidate, what with Leo's apparent inability to remain healthy.

Of course, I don't see Ozigbo jumping in and usurping Armstead for the #2 job quickly -- Jags actually drafted Armstead, afterall -- but in college Ozigbo demonstrated moderately better 3-down utility than Armstead, and I think the tape shows he's more athletic, too. Plus, Armstead struggled in preseason until the annual fourth game stats inflation.
Jacksonville is a terrific landing spot for him. He's a great Fournette handcuff. Armstead had UDFA tape to me and followed that up with a lackluster preseason.

Ozigbo is a borderline must own for Fournette's owners in 12 teams or more.