Keesean Johnson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dvpkwys
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Keesean Johnson

Postby dvpkwys » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am

Ended up snagging him late, he has looked decent but I haven’t seen much besides some highlights and box scores. Is he clicking with Murray? Making catches? Running with the 1s? I know he is not super fast but a good route runner.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Rivers/Brady (Luck, Murray, Brissett)
Cook/Mack (Montgomery, Lindsay, Love, Justice Hill)
ABrown/Adams/AJ Green/Godwin (DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Keesean, Gallup, McLauren)
Engram (Hockenson, Njoku)
HaHa/Harrison/Budda/Tartt (Abram)
David/Cunningham/Bosa/Oliver

Under The Bridge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:53 am

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Under The Bridge » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:06 am

I'm intrigued by this guy, but his Pro Day/Combine numbers weren't that great.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/keesean-johnson/


Of course, those are decent college dominator and breakout age scores.


As for the other stuff you asked, here are some links that might be helpful. I just ran a Google search on him, but it's nice to actually watch/see his targets, and read up about his play.
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/ ... n-vikings/
https://arizonasports.com/story/2054524 ... o-vikings/
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2019/ ... son-growth
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... an-johnson


I doubt he'll get a bunch of snaps at WR this season. There's a reason they just signed Crabtree, and Day 3 picks like him usually gotta wait for someone to go down so that they can earn their PT.

dvpkwys
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby dvpkwys » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am

Appreciate it!
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Rivers/Brady (Luck, Murray, Brissett)
Cook/Mack (Montgomery, Lindsay, Love, Justice Hill)
ABrown/Adams/AJ Green/Godwin (DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Keesean, Gallup, McLauren)
Engram (Hockenson, Njoku)
HaHa/Harrison/Budda/Tartt (Abram)
David/Cunningham/Bosa/Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 13186
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:09 am

Under The Bridge wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:06 am
I'm intrigued by this guy, but his Pro Day/Combine numbers weren't that great.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/keesean-johnson/


Of course, those are decent college dominator and breakout age scores.


As for the other stuff you asked, here are some links that might be helpful. I just ran a Google search on him, but it's nice to actually watch/see his targets, and read up about his play.
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/ ... n-vikings/
https://arizonasports.com/story/2054524 ... o-vikings/
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2019/ ... son-growth
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... an-johnson


I doubt he'll get a bunch of snaps at WR this season. There's a reason they just signed Crabtree, and Day 3 picks like him usually gotta wait for someone to go down so that they can earn their PT.
I disagree. There is a reason they signed Crabtree, but it wasn't because of Keesean. Butler is not working out, and possibly heading to IR. I think Keesean starts in 3 WR sets this year, which they should run almost all the time.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Under The Bridge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:53 am

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Under The Bridge » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:18 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:09 am
Under The Bridge wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:06 am
I'm intrigued by this guy, but his Pro Day/Combine numbers weren't that great.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/keesean-johnson/


Of course, those are decent college dominator and breakout age scores.


As for the other stuff you asked, here are some links that might be helpful. I just ran a Google search on him, but it's nice to actually watch/see his targets, and read up about his play.
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/ ... n-vikings/
https://arizonasports.com/story/2054524 ... o-vikings/
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2019/ ... son-growth
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... an-johnson


I doubt he'll get a bunch of snaps at WR this season. There's a reason they just signed Crabtree, and Day 3 picks like him usually gotta wait for someone to go down so that they can earn their PT.
I disagree. There is a reason they signed Crabtree, but it wasn't because of Keesean. Butler is not working out, and possibly heading to IR. I think Keesean starts in 3 WR sets this year, which they should run almost all the time.
Lemme clarify what I meant. There's a reason they signed Crabtree, and it's because they need another WR they can trust, especially since Kevin White didn't work out (feel bad for that guy) and Butler isn't what they thought he'd be. Crabtree can be plugged in immediately if they want, but they can also plug in Johnson I guess. But let's not forget that they have Kirk and Fitz, so I expect those 2 to get the most targets, with Crabtree, Isabella, Johnson, and Sherfield sharing the rest.

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL
Captain
Captain
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby JOHNNY_COCKTAIL » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 am

It'll be interesting to see who the 3rd wideout is (probably Crabtree) but I have him as a flyer in a couple leagues him and Thompson I think are by far the most hyped of the day 3 picks

Flgatorguy87
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 am

I don't think he's got much as far as consistency this year, but everyone should be grabbing a piece of this offense going forward and KJ is a good option based on cost and early reports. I don't say that with any confidence in this college system, Kingsbury, or even Murray, but I say that because we are all just hedging our bets to a degree. If this offense takes off then I want to have a piece of it.
SF PPR 30 man roster 5 taxi 2 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, J. Goff J. Rosen, J. Flacco

O. Beckham, Antonio Brown, M. Evans, S. Diggs, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, T. Quinn, A. Wilson, D. Cain, T. Taylor, R. Higgins, P. Williams, Da Willis

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, Da. Williams, R. Penny, Darwin Thompson, Duke Johnson, M. Breida, D. Hilliard, D. Crockett

G. Kittle, M. Andrews

Taxi: D. Lock, R. Armstead, E. Butler, D. Slayton, J. Meyers

2020 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Ice » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 am

Johnson was the best WR in camp for this team. He should see plenty of action this season. Too early to really tell how good he will be but his arrow is pointing up in a big way.

Good routes and hands are more important than straight line speed.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5095
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:26 am

I landed him in the 3rd round of a rookie-draft 12-teamer. He wasn't really a target of mine, but... eh. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a dog in that Kingsbury offense, just in case the hype has merit.

Most optimistic pro comp I have for KeeSean is Jarvis Landry. That is to say, his ceiling comparable.

I worry that KeeSean is a one-speed mover; doesn't have multiple gears to complement his route pace.

I also worry that his versatility will be restricted by Christian Kirk and Fitz both needing to have the lion's share of slot snaps, meaning KeeSean will be relegated mostly to snaps on the boundary, where he's probably not quite fast enough to truly excel in a full-time role.
dvpkwys wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am
Is he clicking with Murray? Making catches? Running with the 1s?
Some reports claim he's currently penciled in as the WR3 on the chart. And some reports claim Murray (and all the QBs) like him and prefer to target him in practice, because he's reliable and catches everything.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 27308
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Goddard » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 am

I see him more as a poor man's Keenan Allen, which isn't a bad thing.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5095
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:50 am

We never got an accurate workout profile for Allen because he was recovering from an injury when he was in the draft process (that 4.7 40 on playerprofiler does not represent reality; Allen was hindered by a PCL injury), but at Cal Allen was notably effective vertically and on the outside, indicating that if he had tested at 100% health, Keenan would probably have run the 40 in the 4.5 range.

Allen also had better play-strength than KeeSean coming out -- I remember Mayock comparing Allen to Anquan Boldin.

Thus, while I'd like to comp KeeSean to Keenan, I don't think I can based on their respective college tape.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

User avatar
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 27308
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Goddard » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 am

ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:50 am
We never got an accurate workout profile for Allen because he was recovering from an injury when he was in the draft process (that 4.7 40 on playerprofiler does not represent reality; Allen was hindered by a PCL injury), but at Cal Allen was notably effective vertically and on the outside, indicating that if he had tested at 100% health, Keenan would probably have run the 40 in the 4.5 range.

Thus, while I'd like to comp KeeSean to Keenan, I don't think I can based on their respective college tape.
That's why I said poor man's. He might not be as good of an athlete, but he seems to be a pretty good route runner and has good hands. They're also not that far in terms of size. Neither are burners, but run smooth and make quick cuts. Just reminds me a little of Keenan when I watch him.

User avatar
TampaBay216
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby TampaBay216 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 am

Goddard wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:58 am
ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:50 am
We never got an accurate workout profile for Allen because he was recovering from an injury when he was in the draft process (that 4.7 40 on playerprofiler does not represent reality; Allen was hindered by a PCL injury), but at Cal Allen was notably effective vertically and on the outside, indicating that if he had tested at 100% health, Keenan would probably have run the 40 in the 4.5 range.

Thus, while I'd like to comp KeeSean to Keenan, I don't think I can based on their respective college tape.
That's why I said poor man's. He might not be as good of an athlete, but he seems to be a pretty good route runner and has good hands. They're also not that far in terms of size. Neither are burners, but run smooth and make quick cuts. Just reminds me a little of Keenan when I watch him.
I like that comp. I can see it. Will be exciting to see how this offense plays out this year.
Team 1
12 team IDP Full PPR 32 man roster starting:
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex 3DL 3LB 3DB 1K

QB: J. Winston

RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, J. Mixon, D. Harris, J. Hill, D. Thompson, C. Edmunds

WR: M. Evans, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Cooper, C. Davis, C. Godwin, R. Anderson, J. Washington, A.J. Brown

TE: OJ Howard D. Geodert

DL: D. Hunter, S. Hubbard, B. Chubb

LB: K. Alexander, R. Smith, J. Schobert, M. Jack

CB: H. Smith, H. Clinton-Dix, K. Neal

K: N/A

Team 2
12 Team Full PPR 23 man rostering:
1QB 2RB 3WR 2Flex 1TE 1Def 1K

QB: D. Prescott

RB: CMC, L. Bell, K. Johnson, L. Murray, R. Penny

WR: D. Adams, A. Robinson, K. Allen, C. Kirk, B. Cooks, D. Pettis, MVS

TE: H. Hurst

Def: Chargers

User avatar
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3006
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:43 am

Christian Kirk is becoming such a value. I love it.

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4952
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Keesean Johnson

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:56 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:26 am
I landed him in the 3rd round of a rookie-draft 12-teamer. He wasn't really a target of mine, but... eh. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a dog in that Kingsbury offense, just in case the hype has merit.

Most optimistic pro comp I have for KeeSean is Jarvis Landry. That is to say, his ceiling comparable.

I worry that KeeSean is a one-speed mover; doesn't have multiple gears to complement his route pace.

I also worry that his versatility will be restricted by Christian Kirk and Fitz both needing to have the lion's share of slot snaps, meaning KeeSean will be relegated mostly to snaps on the boundary, where he's probably not quite fast enough to truly excel in a full-time role.
dvpkwys wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am
Is he clicking with Murray? Making catches? Running with the 1s?
Some reports claim he's currently penciled in as the WR3 on the chart. And some reports claim Murray (and all the QBs) like him and prefer to target him in practice, because he's reliable and catches everything.
I keep seeing those reports, but KeeSean sure gets preseason play like a backup and you make some good points about him being a better fit in the slot than outside. Could be that he’s blocked. It’s probably Crabs, or maybe even Byrd, on the outside to start the year with the long term plan to have Isabella or Butler take over. Maybe they fade Fitz into more of a complementary role as the season rolls on and KeeSean gets some play there, but maybe not.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lotto4Life, never_punts, problemsolver, Shankopotamus and 10 guests