Houston running backs.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6990
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:16 am

DLF3000 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:02 am
Coach/GM OB is on fire!

We need more coach-GMs in the NFL making all these Madden/NBA-style blockbuster trades -future/future draft picks be damned! :mrgreen:

Backfield-wise, I'm still not too excited because I'm not a fan of anyone they have. If anything, their passing game got better - Watson might get wrecked less for a change.
You're the only person I've seen spinning those trades as a positive for HOU
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Mostert, Sony, Penny, D. Freeman, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Julio, Hollywood, Cooks, Preston, Parris, C. Davis, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Jackson
WR: DJM, Chark, Hardman, Mike Will, Diontae, Parris, C. Davis, Lazard
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki
2020: 1.07, 1.09, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14199
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:47 am

DLF3000 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:02 am
Coach/GM OB is on fire!

We need more coach-GMs in the NFL making all these Madden/NBA-style blockbuster trades -future/future draft picks be damned! :mrgreen:

Backfield-wise, I'm still not too excited because I'm not a fan of anyone they have. If anything, their passing game got better - Watson might get wrecked less for a change.
Two firsts and a 2nd for Laremy is pricey. Stills is a throw in, Fuller insurance, I suppose. They will have to pay Laremy the largest contract an OT has ever seen. He better be really good. They gave up Clowney for peanuts, because they obviously felt they needed a LT more. They are paying for it in draft picks AND cap hit.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 am

Could you imagine if Tunsil walks?
That would be hilarious..

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3661
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:11 am

Ya, a lot of former front office guys are really killing them for not agreeing to an extension with him before completing the trade. These 3 moves (Duke trade, Clowney trade, Tunsil trade) could really cripple the franchise if this goes badly.

User avatar
ghetto pimp
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby ghetto pimp » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 am

bjd5211 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:11 am
Ya, a lot of former front office guys are really killing them for not agreeing to an extension with him before completing the trade. These 3 moves (Duke trade, Clowney trade, Tunsil trade) could really cripple the franchise if this goes badly.
Rightfully so.

User avatar
DLF3000
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 am

ghetto pimp wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:11 am
Ya, a lot of former front office guys are really killing them for not agreeing to an extension with him before completing the trade. These 3 moves (Duke trade, Clowney trade, Tunsil trade) could really cripple the franchise if this goes badly.
Rightfully so.
Yeah, this is OB going all in on this year. He must think they're good enough for the SB or he wouldn't take such massive risks in these trades. Though it seems their O got slightly better while the D got slightly worse. Wouldn't shock me if OB's gone after this season if they don't go deep into the playoffs. And then it's time for a new coach, new GM and... less draft picks. :eh:
10 Team Dynasty PPR, TE Premium (1.5 PPR), 6 pt/pass TD, 1pt/25 yds pass, 1pt/5 carries, 1pt/10yds rush/rec
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX (R/W/T) 1DST 1TMK | 21 Active Roster, 4 Taxi (*), 1 IR/Out (+)

QB - P Mahomes | D Prescott | B Mayfield*
RB - C Carson | A Jones | R Mostert | A Ekeler | M Breida | P Lindsay | D Guice | R Penny | N Hines*
WR - D Hopkins | K Golladay | D Slayton | J Edelman | J Jeudy ®* | A Miller | T Smith | M Boykin*
TE - T Kelce | M Andrews | D Knox | DST: Ravens | TMK: 49ers
2020 - 1.09 (JJ), 2.09 (Jun), 3.07 (Jul), 4.09 (Aug) | 2018 League Champs!

User avatar
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3690
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby Plank » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:05 am

Houston needs to hire an analytic team soon.
@PlankMelody


ninotoreS
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5095
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:19 am

Houston gave up a lot of capital to be sure, but the Week 1 roster is SIGNIFICANTLY improved for it, nonetheless.

D-Watson has an absolutely loaded armory now with both Duke *and* Stills added to what was already a productive pass-catching corps, plus a legit blind-side protector; the O-line group on paper looks almost competent now if Howard and Scharping pan out. Although Nick Martin is still soft like Charmin.

If Houston has a top 5 offense this year, people will forgive the bungling with Clowney. And let's not forget Clowney's only had one fully healthy season in four years; although less so than Houston ofc, Seattle's taken a bit of a gamble here too, trading a 3rd for what might only be a one-year rental for a player that seems injury prone.
sugbear65 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:28 am
Hyde gets too much hate. He has hit some rough patches recently
I think going on three years qualifies as longer than 'recently'.

Still; NFL teams don't seem to want to give up on him, so I guess that says something.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 14199
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:23 am

DLF3000 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:59 am
ghetto pimp wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 am
bjd5211 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:11 am
Ya, a lot of former front office guys are really killing them for not agreeing to an extension with him before completing the trade. These 3 moves (Duke trade, Clowney trade, Tunsil trade) could really cripple the franchise if this goes badly.
Rightfully so.
Yeah, this is OB going all in on this year. He must think they're good enough for the SB or he wouldn't take such massive risks in these trades. Though it seems their O got slightly better while the D got slightly worse. Wouldn't shock me if OB's gone after this season if they don't go deep into the playoffs. And then it's time for a new coach, new GM and... less draft picks. :eh:
To have a coach making moves like this is just not good. Reminds me a bit of when Hue starting trading picks away for Carson Palmer. I mean, the Texans gave up more for Tunsil than the Bears did to get Mack, and when you consider they drafted a LT in the first round as well, that's 3 firsts plus for the LT position. Sure, their first rounder this year will likely be a RT, but the Texans should have hired a GM by now, IMO. Giving up a 3rd rounder for Duke was the most a team has given for a RB since the Colts traded for T Rich, too, I might add.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, D Washington
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Crowder, Agholor, Sanu, , D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Clay

Taxi: Mims, Asiasi

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3661
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:31 am

Ya I understand making moves to capitalize on your win now window, but a detail like forgoing a contract extension with a player you acquire in a trade of this magnitude is a mistake that cannot be made. They needlessly cost themselves a fortune in both money and trade assets when you factor in Clowney. They absolutely could have gotten a quality LT for him if the traded him before the deadline to extend tagged players. They essentially gave him a no trade clause because he had to sign the tag before they traded him anywhere once that deadline passed.

User avatar
captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1739
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby captain howdy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:38 am

The fantasy reporting has been inexplicable.

Duke is gotten for for a 3rd or 4th..has good stats.. performs when asked.

Hyde ..they get Hyde for a 7th. He's a foot stomper who doesn't perform well and can't keep a job.


Yet Hyde is the guy to own?

I don't buy it. I don't think id even handcuff duke with Hyde in a small roster

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3600
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:43 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:14 am
Houston has a problem.
I like you man :lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Rivers, Stidham
RB: Kamara, Sanders, Murray, Scott, Kelley
WR: Julio, Hill, OBJ, Keenan, Hamler
TE: Kelce, Kittle

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:28 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:19 am
Houston gave up a lot of capital to be sure, but the Week 1 roster is SIGNIFICANTLY improved for it, nonetheless.
On paper - their offense? Sure. Their defense? No. This is in the eyes of a fantasy owner.

However, when you look at this roster it has all the makings of something that is going to go up in flames and lead to O'Brien getting fired - I have a hard time seeing them making a deep playoff run. They can probably win the division because.. well, it's the AFC South.

This reminds me of when Al Davis passed away and Hue Jackson had control of personnel for the team; made a lot of desperation moves that certainly made the team better short term (they had their first 8-8 season in a long time) but crippled them afterwards.

What's also not really talked about is that Houston all took on HALF of Clowney's salary, so it's not even like they acquired the cap space to make some more viable moves this year.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3661
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:02 pm

They have plenty of cap space though, which makes their stance with Clowney even more confusing. Their entire offseason has made no sense.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests