Houston running backs.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby DynastyDabbler » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:23 pm I'm starting Duke as a 3rd RB in my PPR league. Mainly because I think Carlos Hyde is very "Alfred Blue-ish" at this point in his career. 3-yards and a cloud of dust. Nothing special, and he's no longer a starting calibre talent.

Duke should get all the work he can handle. The question will be, can he hold up and stay healthy with that increase in carries/receptions he'll see when compared to his workload in Cleveland?
I really like the Hyde "Alfred Blue-ish" comp.
I'm starting Duke in one of my flex spots so I'm hoping he shows he can handle all the Texans can put on his plate.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:19 pm

I suppose I'll start Duke. It helps that Coutee has gotten the Questionable tag, and may be limited even if he is active; seems to me Duke is more than that capable of flexing out into the slot and getting some of Coutee's targets.
RCogburn wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 pm Call it a gut feeling, but I actually think Buddy Howell gets some carries this week. He had a good game in game 2 of the pre season and then didn't play in the 3rd or 4th one. Hyde is a pedestrian talent at this point and Taiwan Jones to me is a special teamer. I don't think the Texans kept both Howell and Jones just to play special teams. We shall see.
Howell is indeed a core special-teamer, though. Good gunner with the coverage units. I think Jones returns kicks? So they do different things for the special-teams.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE