General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Houston running backs.

Postby RB6 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:52 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:40 pm
FuzzySignificance wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm I feel like it's only people hanging onto Ajayi that think (hope) the Texans sign him.
lol, says the guy who made up a failed physical that never happened. i don't own ajayi but it doesn't take much dot connecting to think that there's some chance that he lands in Houston or really anywhere needing an experienced, plug n' play running back. weird to be so obsessed with him *not* being the guy
Could be that Miller has poisoned that well. Ajayi wasn’t well regarded in Miami based on how he left and everything I’ve read and I can’t imagine the guy he was brought in to replace is going to have many positive things to say. I would also think you’d want more of a power back with less of an injury risk to pair with Duke.
I highly doubt the brass cares what one player thinks of the other. Especially when one will be away from the team for a lengthy period. If it makes sense schematically and financially, they’ll do what they think is best to win.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:59 pm

RB6 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:52 pm

lol, says the guy who made up a failed physical that never happened. i don't own ajayi but it doesn't take much dot connecting to think that there's some chance that he lands in Houston or really anywhere needing an experienced, plug n' play running back. weird to be so obsessed with him *not* being the guy
Could be that Miller has poisoned that well. Ajayi wasn’t well regarded in Miami based on how he left and everything I’ve read and I can’t imagine the guy he was brought in to replace is going to have many positive things to say. I would also think you’d want more of a power back with less of an injury risk to pair with Duke.
I highly doubt the brass cares what one player thinks of the other. Especially when one will be away from the team for a lengthy period. If it makes sense schematically and financially, they’ll do what they think is best to win.
Let me simplify it then. They just cut Foreman for a combination of injury and attitude issues. Why are they going to bring in Ajayi, who has a combination of injury (the knee) and attitude (got traded out of Miami for being a locker room cancer) issues?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:12 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:59 pm
RB6 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Let me simplify it then. They just cut Foreman for a combination of injury and attitude issues. Why are they going to bring in Ajayi, who has a combination of injury (the knee) and attitude (got traded out of Miami for being a locker room cancer) issues?
Because they need a RB, he’s been productive and he’ll be dirt cheap with no long term commitment.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

FuzzySignificance
Starter
Starter

Postby FuzzySignificance » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:22 pm I feel like it's only people hanging onto Ajayi that think (hope) the Texans sign him.
sure, could be. could also be that they're doing their due diligence as we speak. i have no idea. the eagles didn't seem to have any concerns with his attitude and they're a highly regarded org. not sure about the running style thing, he's slow, 220 and has always seeked out contact, how are you defining 'power back' here?

anyway, i'm not some jay ajayi truther guy, my only point was, who's more invested in this? the guy who says "hey, I wonder if they'll give this experienced guy that's available a call?" or the guy making up failed physicals and swooping back around to mock those making a fairly logical connection (rb needy team might take a look at free agent rb)
12 team ppr, 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex
QB: Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Le'Veon Bell, Kerryon Johnson, Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Darwin Thompson
WR: Amari Cooper, Adam Thielen, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, DeDe Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Justin Watson, Albert Wilson, Greg Dortch
TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Delanie Walker, Ian Thomas, Gerald Everett

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 am

FuzzySignificance wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:08 am

sure, could be. could also be that they're doing their due diligence as we speak. i have no idea. the eagles didn't seem to have any concerns with his attitude and they're a highly regarded org. not sure about the running style thing, he's slow, 220 and has always seeked out contact, how are you defining 'power back' here?

anyway, i'm not some jay ajayi truther guy, my only point was, who's more invested in this? the guy who says "hey, I wonder if they'll give this experienced guy that's available a call?" or the guy making up failed physicals and swooping back around to mock those making a fairly logical connection (rb needy team might take a look at free agent rb)
I put my cards in on Crockett. Ever other Houston RB was scooped up lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:16 am

jimmychoi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:26 pm I grabbed both rookies as a miller owner. I’m not expecting anything, but it was super late in my 16 team league
Nice moves here. The Miller injury hurts to watch, hate to see it. I grabbed Crockett at 3.08 (#40 overall) which may have been a slight reach. I had THREE more opportunities to grab Higdon but didn't nab him, I didn't know much about him truthfully. He was picked at #61 overall. I hope I don't regret this miss.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:42 pm

Houston should have some interesting options after other teams cut down their rosters (whoever Buffalo, NYJ, Baltimore, Philly, etc cut).
I think they'll give Duke chance to lead the backfield before making any big trades.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Paul717 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:16 am
jimmychoi wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:26 pm I grabbed both rookies as a miller owner. I’m not expecting anything, but it was super late in my 16 team league
Nice moves here. The Miller injury hurts to watch, hate to see it. I grabbed Crockett at 3.08 (#40 overall) which may have been a slight reach. I had THREE more opportunities to grab Higdon but didn't nab him, I didn't know much about him truthfully. He was picked at #61 overall. I hope I don't regret this miss.
Higdon bro! :dance:
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:16 pm

I just want some clarity on this before I hold these guys for half the season.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:12 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:16 pm I just want some clarity on this before I hold these guys for half the season.
Use of my crystal ball for 1 week in exchange for your 2021 2nd? 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:16 pm I just want some clarity on this before I hold these guys for half the season.
Me too but, Only time will tell....

:lol:

I own Duke; Higdon and Crockett are both available in my league. I'm going with Crockett. Unless they add a vet to the backfield and in that case, oh well.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:44 pm

:lol: Seriously, dude. Obsessed? Talk about an exaggeration. I guess I missed the Dr.'s report that said he was fully cleared a few weeks ago, but I believe he had some workouts before that and was never offered a contract. The entire report after the draft about his knee and why he fell in the draft has lived up to the reports. He has a bad knee. He's not that good of a RB. Perhaps I just confused with the information, but his knee has been an issue for years, and I guess if he didn't officially get turned down from being signed because of his knee, I must be "obsessed" with him NOT being the guy. I don't care, but it's pretty obvious Ajayi is not an NFL caliber RB anymore. It was simply an observation that most Ajayi owners were pumping up the idea of him signing there.

BTW, to say Ajayi is a "plug n' play" back is a bit much. He's never been tabbed as a guy who can just walk in and pick up a system instantly, it's not like he's some seasoned vet. The guy has 13 career rushing TD's in 5 years. He had a few huge games 4 years ago, that made his stats for that year look good, but beyond that, he has been an average NFL back. It's a few weeks before the season starts, and he hasn't even been in a training camp. That should tell you something.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 am

raiders444 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Paul717 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:16 am
Higdon bro! :dance:
Lol, forgot you grabbed him bro! You had a nice draft my dude.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am

Anyone hearing Jay Ajayi talk from Houston itself and not just writers making guesses?

Gonna have to decide to keep or cut soon.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 am

Just guesses at this point as far as I'm aware. I bet Houston waits until they see who else is cut from rosters and then make a decision on who they want to sign, if anyone.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle