Luck retiring!!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Luck retiring!!!!

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:23 am

I'm thankful that Luck has the humility and foresight to give up the game as it was eating away at his whole life, props to him.

But man, this sucks. Luck is my favorite player, my absolute man crush on the football field. LOVED watching that dude, as more than just a diehard Colts fan, but as a fan of good football.

'Sup, Trevor Lawrence? Maybe see you in 2 years... :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:42 am

95dent wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:02 pm Good for him. Having had somebody close to me who was in pain more or less constantly for years I know what it can do to a person mentally. It changes you, your whole outlook on life sometimes.
I can absolutely attest to this.

When I was 22 or 23 I hurt my back (herniated a disk) playing tackle football with my idiot friends. Im now almost 50 and ive been dealing with pain for the last 25+ years. Three back surgeries, and metric f*ckton of OTC and prescription anti inflamatories. 18 months total in medical leave time. Too many other call out days to count because i woke up in pain. And waaaay too many days that I dragged myself to work and just grit my teeth and worked through the pain.

I have good days, weeks, months. But its always there lurking. And then I move a certain way and feel that twinge.

I am so moody. I go thru absolutely black moods. I know the feeling of knowing ill be in pain for the rest if my life. I've been thru that injury pain rehsb cycle too many times. Its hard to get motivated to do anything. If I had the financial wherewithal to retire I absolutely would.

So I salute Andrew Luck for getting out while the getting was good.

And shame on you Colt fans who booed him when he walked off the field tonight. Completely classless.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:03 am

Does Luck's contract still count against the cap?

If Dallas can't agree on a long term extension with Dak Prescott, what would Indy give for him?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 am

I know this is about pain so he can’t time that, but the timing is killer, the colts must but hating this.

It reminds a little as a dolphins fan how I felt when Ricky Williams retire at the start of camp and our playoffs hopes were killed.

This team is put together better and Brisette was decent a few years ago, but this is a big a hit so late in the offseason.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:20 am

zoster80 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 am I know this is about pain so he can’t time that, but the timing is killer, the colts must but hating this.

It reminds a little as a dolphins fan how I felt when Ricky Williams retire at the start of camp and our playoffs hopes were killed.

This team is put together better and Brisette was decent a few years ago, but this is a big a hit so late in the offseason.
Totally agree with this. I’d feel a lot better about Luck’s decision if he didn’t wait until the third preseason game to make this announcement. Maybe the team was more aware, or should have been more aware, than we know, but right now it looks like they were caught as offguard as all of us and that’s kind of shitty given the Colts aspirations this year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:20 am
zoster80 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 am I know this is about pain so he can’t time that, but the timing is killer, the colts must but hating this.

Totally agree with this. I’d feel a lot better about Luck’s decision if he didn’t wait until the third preseason game to make this announcement. Maybe the team was more aware, or should have been more aware, than we know, but right now it looks like they were caught as offguard as all of us and that’s kind of shitty given the Colts aspirations this year.
I don't mean to turn this into an argument, but that's complete BS. He's finally had enough with the injuries and his quality of life is clearly suffering because of them. He owes the Colts nothing (except for maybe some of his signing bonus, not sure where he is in terms of funds received so far). He clearly wants to have a life past football, which should be more important than helping the Colts win more football games.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:39 am

And it's now like the Colts had any viable alternatives.

But Houston, San Diego, Kansas and Pitt/Baltimore mist be doing backflips , cuz they all just got a huge gift ahead of the 2019 season. Cuz only 4 of those 5 teams would have made the postseason, and now it's likely they will all make it.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 am

Also, this show the risk of taking a QB who is TOO intelligent for his own good, as opposed to the guys who can't out 2 + 2 together. Luck made a selfish decision. It's the right one for him personally, but screws over the NFL, the Colts and their fan base and millions of fantasy owners.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:44 am

This is wholly different from Barry Sanders. Sanders wasn't on a serious contender. And hardly anyone played fantasy back then.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:55 am

I’d be 99% sure the Colts weren’t blindsided by this. There has been smoke gathering around Luck for weeks, it’s just us the general public that are blindsided, because we didn’t think things were that extreme. If they were taken off guard by this, then the communication in that building is abysmal.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:00 am

sugbear65 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:55 am

I’d be 99% sure the Colts weren’t blindsided by this. There has been smoke gathering around Luck for weeks, it’s just us the general public that are blindsided, because we didn’t think things were that extreme. If they were taken off guard by this, then the communication in that building is abysmal.
That’s fair and probably true. Irsay should come out and say as much, because right now he’s letting Luck absorb the anger around this announcement.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:04 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 am

I don't mean to turn this into an argument, but that's complete BS. He's finally had enough with the injuries and his quality of life is clearly suffering because of them. He owes the Colts nothing (except for maybe some of his signing bonus, not sure where he is in terms of funds received so far). He clearly wants to have a life past football, which should be more important than helping the Colts win more football games.
Him choosing to retire is fine. Him choosing to retire after the third preseason game (and it’s not like he was playing and came to this realization after taking a few hits) with no real indication to the public that this was a possibility looks indecisive and is why he’s getting dragged through the coals. That said, it was probably Irsay & company trying to convince themselves (and Luck) that he would still play and keeping it under wraps after the whole issue surrounding his shoulder last year and any anger should probably be directed that way.

K - Just a stupid kicker

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:50 pm I'd love to see Jacoby have his own Foles moment this year.
From your mouth to 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻‘s ears ...
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium