General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Luck retiring!!!!

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 am
ericanadian wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:20 am
zoster80 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 am I know this is about pain so he can’t time that, but the timing is killer, the colts must but hating this.

It reminds a little as a dolphins fan how I felt when Ricky Williams retire at the start of camp and our playoffs hopes were killed.

This team is put together better and Brisette was decent a few years ago, but this is a big a hit so late in the offseason.
Totally agree with this. I’d feel a lot better about Luck’s decision if he didn’t wait until the third preseason game to make this announcement. Maybe the team was more aware, or should have been more aware, than we know, but right now it looks like they were caught as offguard as all of us and that’s kind of shitty given the Colts aspirations this year.
I don't mean to turn this into an argument, but that's complete BS. He's finally had enough with the injuries and his quality of life is clearly suffering because of them. He owes the Colts nothing (except for maybe some of his signing bonus, not sure where he is in terms of funds received so far). He clearly wants to have a life past football, which should be more important than helping the Colts win more football games.
I agree. In fact, the Colts created this situation by failing to build protect him and build a good oline.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:49 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:29 am How can an ankle injury be SO bad?
It's not the ankle injury, it's all of them. He's in constant pain from all the injuries he suffered over the years. The Colts only have themselves to blame, he got absolutely destroyed behind that pitiful line for years, and by time they fixed it the damage was done. Let this be a lesson to all the other teams that building the OL needs to be a bigger priority.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:58 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 am Also, this show the risk of taking a QB who is TOO intelligent for his own good, as opposed to the guys who can't out 2 + 2 together. Luck made a selfish decision. It's the right one for him personally, but screws over the NFL, the Colts and their fan base and millions of fantasy owners.
Note to self...draft dummies.

This just sucks. Luck is my favorite athlete and most likely my last favorite athlete. I’m damn near a decade older than Andrew and as I grow older I tend to not latch on to individual players any longer, I guess because they now seem like kids to me. I’m going to assume he is making the correct decision but damn’t I will miss watching him play. I will hold onto some hope of a return for a season or two but I do not expect it.

For fantasy purposes, Doyle is the only Colt I would touch at the moment until we see where everybody’s prices settle at.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:00 am

Also we don't really know how Luck and the Colts intended to handle this and everything they planned to say. They were going to hold a press conference and announce it today, but Schefter/ESPN got a hold of the information and obviously made the announcement for them and caught them off guard. Honestly it came of as kind of crappy move on Schefter and ESPNs part, but I guess they're just doing their jobs, it's whoever leaked it that really sucks.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:01 am

I would just like to congratulate all the RGIII believers out there - you were right - he would play longer than Andrew Luck. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:09 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:01 am I would just like to congratulate all the RGIII believers out there - you were right - he would play longer than Andrew Luck. ;)
Not sure if Indy is looking to trade for a QB (I doubt it) but RG3 is available lol

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:38 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:00 am Also we don't really know how Luck and the Colts intended to handle this and everything they planned to say. They were going to hold a press conference and announce it today, but Schefter/ESPN got a hold of the information and obviously made the announcement for them and caught them off guard. Honestly it came of as kind of crappy move on Schefter and ESPNs part, but I guess they're just doing their jobs, it's whoever leaked it that really sucks.
You make it sounds like a surprise party that someone ruined. There was really no reason to keep this tight lipped if there was any real concern that Luck might retire. Were they duping themselves into believing he might still play? Were they just trying to sell as many seasons tickets as possible before dropping this bomb?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:04 am

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:15 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:01 am I would just like to congratulate all the RGIII believers out there - you were right - he would play longer than Andrew Luck. ;)
Lol, I was thinking something similar. That draft class looked strong and the first tier was 7 deep. Over the years, with guys like Floyd and marketing fading/busting, the QBs, and Luck in particular, were the saving grace of the top of that draft class.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:48 am

So.

Is it safe to drop luck?

I'm a contender having won both my leagues...kind of don't want to waste the roster space

I feel that's the most pertinent question and not seeing any opinions on it

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:07 am

captain howdy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:48 am So.

Is it safe to drop luck?

I'm a contender having won both my leagues...kind of don't want to waste the roster space

I feel that's the most pertinent question and not seeing any opinions on it
In a SF I'm definitely holding him, unless it's very limited bench spots.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Under The Bridge
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Under The Bridge » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am

I honestly would not be surprised to see him go to the XFL.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:19 am

Under The Bridge wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am I honestly would not be surprised to see him go to the XFL.
That will absolutely not happen.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:31 am

This type of retirement certainly doesn't bode well for the owners idea of trying to add more games to the season of such a brutal sport.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:31 am

RB6 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:19 am
Under The Bridge wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:08 am I honestly would not be surprised to see him go to the XFL.
That will absolutely not happen.
Ya not a chance. He's done.

As for people asking whether to hold, I am as long as I have roster space. Not because I think he ever comes back, but because I know someone will likely give me something to make that bet themselves. Megatron all over again.