Rodney Anderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rodney Anderson

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:50 am

Factory of Sadness wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm Cuffing your own guys insulates you from disaster and keeps you alive. Cuffing other people's guys gives you a shot at being a dominant team. If my RB1 goes down and I have his back-up, I likely maintain about 80-90% of his production. So if I have a good team, I remain in contention. If my RB1 stays up though, and my handcuff to someone else's top guy steps in, well then I'm really cooking. Both cuffs may score the same points, but except in truly distorted leagues you need things to break right for you to win it all.
You will also tend to pay less because your subjective 'need' for the handcuff to your guy often distorts how both you and a seller may value him.
Very rarely, in my opinion.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:00 am

Over the years I’ve put less emphasis on the handcuff. I’ve made the exception with Rodney. I truly believe he is as talented as any back in this class. Injuries sminjuries. Now that I’ve written that I look forward to him sitting on my bench eating up a spot for four years while mixon doesn’t get hurt. Ugh

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm

For me it depends on the backup & the starter. If it is a backup with the right skillset then I agree with Factory of Sadness, and you can luck out and get a large percentage of the production. However if it is the backup to a borderline RB2/3 thats not really useful. Whereas if is a guy you feel is underappreciated on an offence that can use him correctly ...

At one point technically David Johnson was the backup to Andre Ellington, James Conner to Bell ... that does not mean it always happens, just that it happens enough that we hope it can happen again with the backup we're stashing.

Basically you want a backup that you feel good about their chances on a team where the offence is good. Which is why plenty of people are excited about Henderson. Or owners about Ito Smith. I do not blame owners for feeling the same way about Rodney Anderson.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:58 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm For me it depends on the backup & the starter. If it is a backup with the right skillset then I agree with Factory of Sadness, and you can luck out and get a large percentage of the production. However if it is the backup to a borderline RB2/3 thats not really useful. Whereas if is a guy you feel is underappreciated on an offence that can use him correctly ...

At one point technically David Johnson was the backup to Andre Ellington, James Conner to Bell ... that does not mean it always happens, just that it happens enough that we hope it can happen again with the backup we're stashing.

Basically you want a backup that you feel good about their chances on a team where the offence is good. Which is why plenty of people are excited about Henderson. Or owners about Ito Smith. I do not blame owners for feeling the same way about Rodney Anderson.
I love you.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:36 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm For me it depends on the backup & the starter. If it is a backup with the right skillset then I agree with Factory of Sadness, and you can luck out and get a large percentage of the production. However if it is the backup to a borderline RB2/3 thats not really useful. Whereas if is a guy you feel is underappreciated on an offence that can use him correctly ...

You are correct DJ was the backup in his rookie year. It wasn't to Ellington tho. That was the last year for Chris Johnson and it took a CJ injury for DJ to come in. It was the second half of that year where DJ blew up on the field and in FF.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:36 pm

You are correct DJ was the backup in his rookie year. It wasn't to Ellington tho. That was the last year for Chris Johnson and it took a CJ injury for DJ to come in. It was the second half of that year where DJ blew up on the field and in FF.
Actually, if I recall correctly, CJ2K had been shot that offseason, so Ellington did end up getting the official start (and led the team in carries) the first game over Johnson & DJ. CJ2K promptly took over in the second game until falling to injury and handing the lead back duties to DJ.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Appreciate your correction - that felt incorrect but I was not sure. :thumbup:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Actually, if I recall correctly, CJ2K had been shot that offseason, so Ellington did end up getting the official start (and led the team in carries) the first game over Johnson & DJ. CJ2K promptly took over in the second game until falling to injury and handing the lead back duties to DJ.
That may be why I thought Ellington was the starter.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:27 am

drobes wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 pm That play was so pretty I had to watch it 4 times.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/11647032 ... -action%2F

I hope he can do that against starters.
That is a terrible tackle attempt.
sugbear65 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 am
ghetto pimp wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 am Must have for any mixon owner
I find the handcuff game is a value losing proposition in dynasty.
Sometimes. Depends on the cuff (high upside or no?). Depends on the dynasty roster (deep with RB options or top-heavy?). Depends on the bench space (enough room for cuffs?). Depends on the given season (win-now or rebuilding?).
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Exits the preseason finale with a right knee injury, same knee that ended his college career.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Man that really sucks for that kid. He just can’t stay healthy. Dude is a phenomenal athlete. Hate to see the injuries stack up for him the way they have.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Poor guy.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:25 pm

F
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:29 pm

But I said injuries sminjuries. I’ve been purging injury risk players all offseason, but keep touting this guy. This might be cognitive dissonance.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:02 pm

I guess we shall see soon enough how serious of an injury it will be - can only hope for the best for him.