Kliff and Kyler...The New NFL, Massive bust, or something in between?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kliff and Kyler...The New NFL, Massive bust, or something in between?

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:08 am

i expect the entire cardinals offense to be , kliffy to lose his job within 3 yrs tops, and kyler murray to be playing baseball by that time as well. i just dont see it there at all.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:08 am

Not much to discuss until we see some real game action.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 am

i expect the entire cardinals offense to be pretty bad. kliffy to lose his job within 3 yrs tops, and kyler murray to be playing baseball by that time as well. i just dont see it there at all.

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 am

knotts4372 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:08 am i expect the entire cardinals offense to be , kliffy to lose his job within 3 yrs tops, and kyler murray to be playing baseball by that time as well. i just dont see it there at all.
You created this entire theory based on a couple of pre-season snaps? Put the keyboard away.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:17 am

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 am
knotts4372 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:08 am i expect the entire cardinals offense to be , kliffy to lose his job within 3 yrs tops, and kyler murray to be playing baseball by that time as well. i just dont see it there at all.
You created this entire theory based on a couple of pre-season snaps? Put the keyboard away.
i just dont think murray is a good qb nor do i think kingsburys offense can work in the nfl. i thought these things way before he took an nfl snap. keyboard still out. how dare i disagree with what others think!!!

@donnynutz on twitter

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:05 am

Well, I think even if you believe Kingsbury and Murray can eventually succeed there’s reason for concern. Above Kingsbury & Murray, there is Keim. Keim probably should’ve been fired along with Wilks in the offseason. Regardless of how effective this offense can be and how good a QB Murray can be, neither us likely to succeed if they don’t figure something out with the line. If they are unable to fix the line and it tanks their season, it seems reasonable to believe that Keim would be shown the door.

Kingsbury was a reach given his college record. If ownership brings in a new GM, how much rope with that GM give Kingsbury? Kingsbury will likely survive to a second year because it’s embarrassing to the franchise to have back to back one and done coaches, but if the new GM doesn’t buy into the Air Raid there may be conflicts between the talent being brought in and the needs of the system. If Kingsbury is fired after year two, that’s going to set back Murray’s development if all the sacks he’s about to take don’t do that already. With his option to flip back to baseball, will he want to tough it out under a new regime that doesn’t have much invested in him or go back to baseball while he still has a shot?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:59 am

knotts4372 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:17 am
i just dont think murray is a good qb nor do i think kingsburys offense can work in the nfl. i thought these things way before he took an nfl snap. keyboard still out. how dare i disagree with what others think!!!
I don't understand how you can question his QB talent. The dude has lit it up at every level so far. His tape is extraordinary. He has some of the best QB numbers per PFF.

The knocks against him are his size, his lack of experience and potentially his study habits/football IQ.

But not his on-field abilities. That's just ridiculous.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am

I believe in Kyler, so-so on Kliffy. I think AZ won't be a good NFL team in '19, but their fantasy stats will be great.
The line is piss-poor, but having one of the fastest QBs in the NFL is a bit of a neutralizing factor, especially when the entire offense is designed to spread out the defense and there are some decent weapons available (LFitz/DJ/Kirk/Charles Clay).
Kyler is arguably the best running/throwing quarterback prospect that has ever entered the NFL. Just not someone I am willing to bet against, especially for fantasy purposes.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:21 am

Agree with those pointing to the O-line as an issue. It's going to be a bottom 5 unit, maybe bottom 3 by the looks of it. That makes it outstandingly difficult to run any system, much less one largely new to the NFL and with a rookie as the signal-caller. I'm very high on Murray, but expect lots of struggles Year 1.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am

notweswelker wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am I believe in Kyler, so-so on Kliffy. I think AZ won't be a good NFL team in '19, but their fantasy stats will be great.
The line is piss-poor, but having one of the fastest QBs in the NFL is a bit of a neutralizing factor, especially when the entire offense is designed to spread out the defense and there are some decent weapons available (LFitz/DJ/Kirk/Charles Clay).
Kyler is arguably the best running/throwing quarterback prospect that has ever entered the NFL. Just not someone I am willing to bet against, especially for fantasy purposes.
I agree with you, especially with the bolded. I think Kyler's tools are fantastic, and he is likely to be a good NFL QB, and a very very good fantasy QB. I'm not sure he will be good enough to Save Kliff's job, but I think he can succeed without Kliff.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:04 am
esloan35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:59 am I think its fairly simply what the problem is in AZ. They can't freaking block anybody! Until they get some Oline help they will be a dumpster fire.
Dumpster fire? That's overkill. Maybe it doesn't work as well as Kliff hopes, but I highly doubt the offense will be a dumpster fire with all the talent they have
What talent do they have? They have Murray, DJ, and a 36 year old Larry Fitzgerald. Draft picks rookie hopeful WRs that certainly aren't ready, and..... Do they even have a TE?

They have an amazing running back and that's about it
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:18 pm
What talent do they have? They have Murray, DJ, and a 36 year old Larry Fitzgerald. Draft picks rookie hopeful WRs that certainly aren't ready, and..... Do they even have a TE?

They have an amazing running back and that's about it
DJ+LFitz, Kirk, Charles Clay, are the known commodities. Kirk looked great as a rookie on a terrible offense, and Clay is a decent tight end.
The weapons are decent to above average. The concern is the line and how quickly Kyler can adapt, which are very real concerns to me.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm

All I know is there's gonna be a lot of annoying "I told you so's" once this all plays out. This could easily become a disaster due to the offense failing to overcome the weak o-line, but I wouldn't blame anyone for believing Kyler can make it work and buying into that upside.

You can add me to the list of believers. But I'm aware it's a risk. I do hope they can prove the doubters wrong.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:23 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm All I know is there's gonna be a lot of annoying "I told you so's" once this all plays out. This could easily become a disaster due to the offense failing to overcome the weak o-line, but I wouldn't blame anyone for believing Kyler can make it work and buying into that upside.

You can add me to the list of believers. But I'm aware it's a risk. I do hope they can prove the doubters wrong.
Primarily because the quick rush to establish an opinion after a few snaps rather than being patient. Have to have a hot take though. The goal of pre-season is to get a few reps and not get hurt. They're not running their whole offense. Kyler is one of the best QB prospects ever. They will more than likely not be very successful from a win-loss standpoint this season but they will be significantly better and more fun than last season, and be far superior for fantasy reasons. Say what you want about Kliff but at least he won't be out there running the same lame bleep offenses that the dinosaur NFL coaches preach by. He might not work long-term but at least he'll be different.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:23 pm
Life of Pablo wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm All I know is there's gonna be a lot of annoying "I told you so's" once this all plays out. This could easily become a disaster due to the offense failing to overcome the weak o-line, but I wouldn't blame anyone for believing Kyler can make it work and buying into that upside.

Primarily because the quick rush to establish an opinion after a few snaps rather than being patient. Have to have a hot take though. The goal of pre-season is to get a few reps and not get hurt. They're not running their whole offense. Kyler is one of the best QB prospects ever. They will more than likely not be very successful from a win-loss standpoint this season but they will be significantly better and more fun than last season, and be far superior for fantasy reasons. Say what you want about Kliff but at least he won't be out there running the same lame bleep offenses that the dinosaur NFL coaches preach by. He might not work long-term but at least he'll be different.
How is what you’re doing any different? You’re stating your opinion that Kyler is “one of the best QB prospects ever”. Now I can only assume this opinion is based on more than a few preseason snaps, but so are many of the opinions that the Arizona offensive line is trash, or that Kingsbury is over his head or even that Murray might not be that great.

What is it with Oklahoma QBs? I remember people still fawning over Bradford long after he had established himself as no more than a game manager. Mayfield is being hailed as an elite QB in the making who turned around the worst franchise in football based on half a season of work. Mayfield is being largely regarded as the best running QB Prospect (and apparently QB Prospect in general by some) based on one season as a starter. I’m not saying Mayfield and Murray are going to fail, but maybe we need to pump the brakes a bit.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker