Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Derrick Henry? What gives??

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:16 am

First player to have 200 yards from scrimmage against a Belichick led defence in the NFL Playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -past-pats

"On his 26th birthday, Henry became the first player to generate 200 scrimmage yards against a Bill Belichick-coached Patriots team in the postseason. The 204 scrimmage yards were also the most in Titans franchise history."
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:57 am

That NEP defense was a paper tiger. They played great against terrible offenses, but couldn't really play beyond above average against quality teams.

Everyone knew the Titans would run Henry all day long. Why didn't the Pats stop him? Cuz they couldn't.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Henry is a schlep. Trade him for a 2020 3rd...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:40 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm Henry is a schlep. Trade him for a 2020 3rd...
This class is pretty deep. I doubt it gets accepted, unless it's a late 2020 3rd.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Lots of trolls in here, but I’d have a hard time selling him for less than 2/3 1sts after this season.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:35 pm

MattDeezy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:25 pm Lots of trolls in here, but I’d have a hard time selling him for less than 2/3 1sts after this season.
It's called sarcasm lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:35 pm
MattDeezy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:25 pm Lots of trolls in here, but I’d have a hard time selling him for less than 2/3 1sts after this season.
It's called sarcasm lol
Yeah, what? LOL. I have Henry on some rosters, I think he's awesome.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:02 pm

It's pretty fun to remember the talk of this Patriots defense being considered one of the greatest defenses of all time before they actually started playing worthwhile teams. Then, they became pretty ordinary.

Henry's contract situation is going to be really interesting. I'm wondering if there's a chance the Titans franchise him. Otherwise, Henry is going to demand Top-5 RB money after leading the league in rushing and destroying New England.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:02 pm It's pretty fun to remember the talk of this Patriots defense being considered one of the greatest defenses of all time before they actually started playing worthwhile teams. Then, they became pretty ordinary.

Henry's contract situation is going to be really interesting. I'm wondering if there's a chance the Titans franchise him. Otherwise, Henry is going to demand Top-5 RB money after leading the league in rushing and destroying New England.
I'd be very content if he stays in Tennessee. Otherwise not sure what team has cap space to pay him that wouldn't be a major downgrade.

Tennessee really committed to run game, even when behind on scoreboard.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:18 pm

The Patriots could never stop the run. Titans and Heney were perfect fit to best them.

I've been one of Henry's biggest critics on here but I'll est crow. Hes been excellent
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 pm

I hope he doesn't get tagged.. that has to go in the next CBA... Terrible deal for the players
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:44 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:17 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:02 pm It's pretty fun to remember the talk of this Patriots defense being considered one of the greatest defenses of all time before they actually started playing worthwhile teams. Then, they became pretty ordinary.

I'd be very content if he stays in Tennessee. Otherwise not sure what team has cap space to pay him that wouldn't be a major downgrade.

Tennessee really committed to run game, even when behind on scoreboard.
This is important for his value. I'd be curious to see how he performed in those situations- number of snaps when the team was down 3, 4, 7 points and so on, touches and runs on those snaps, yards gained, and then comparing those results with other top-producing RBs.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:49 am

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:52 pm I hope he doesn't get tagged.. that has to go in the next CBA... Terrible deal for the players
Doubt is goes, unless the players demand it as a condition for expanding to 17 games. Historically the NFLPA caves to the short-term money grab because the players can't go without their paychecks though.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:53 am

I cannot imagine the Titans letting Henry walk, unless he demands a ridiculous contract ... which in fairness to him, he might have earned the right to make that demand. He is the cornerstone of their offense.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:00 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:53 am I cannot imagine the Titans letting Henry walk, unless he demands a ridiculous contract ... which in fairness to him, he might have earned the right to make that demand. He is the cornerstone of their offense.
He'll likely become the highest paid RB in the league. Zeke, Gurley and DJ were all still under contract when they got their big deals and didn't have the added leverage of being able to negotiate with other teams. Bell hit free agency, but his current team wasn't trying to retain his services which took a team out of the bidding, and there were questions about him after the long layoff. Ultimately Tannehill will play a big role in deciding how much Henry gets, if Tannehill is locked up quickly they can tag Henry and probably work out a little more team friendly long-term deal. If Tannehill has to be tagged though, Henry will hit the open market and the Titans will have to bid against other teams. As a RB Henry will pretty much have to go with the best financial offer, these opportunities are pretty rare for the position, and he's not getting a big 3rd contract.