Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Do You Care That Derrick Henry is Really Good?

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:02 pm

He's like Melvin Gordon for me. You can throw me any stat you want but you will never convince me he's elite and I will probably never have him on my roster unless it's a bargain
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derrick Henry? What gives??

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 am

Why do these threads keep getting merged into threads that have been inactive for months and were created years ago?

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 am Why do these threads keep getting merged into threads that have been inactive for months and were created years ago?
Why wouldn't you want to see what people thought a long time ago and read some of the posts people spent a lot of time and energy On?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:02 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 am Why do these threads keep getting merged into threads that have been inactive for months and were created years ago?
Why wouldn't you want to see what people thought a long time ago and read some of the posts people spent a lot of time and energy On?
I don't particularly care about reading everyone's opinion from 2 years ago, especially when the original thread has a completely different premise.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:08 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:02 am
I don't particularly care about reading everyone's opinion from 2 years ago, especially when the original thread has a completely different premise.
Then don't read them.. :wall:

The last few pages are from this week.
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:15 am

MrUbuto wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:08 am

The thread recently made has a different premise than the one it was merged into. The original is asking if he's going to be good; this one is stating he is good and asking about his future value.

I get merging duplicate threads and questions, but why can we only have one thread for each player?

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:27 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:15 am
MrUbuto wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:08 am

The thread recently made has a different premise than the one it was merged into. The original is asking if he's going to be good; this one is stating he is good and asking about his future value.

I get merging duplicate threads and questions, but why can we only have one thread for each player?
I agree completely. Unnecessary merging.

The threads were about the same player but very different topics. Merging them was a disservice to readers.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 pm

Because creating a new thread on a weekly basis for the same player is silly. Maybe it's not optimal in this particular case, but overall the board is rife with duplicate threads. Regardless, I think it's valuable to look back at people's thoughts from longer than a week ago.

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:11 am
Maintain wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:16 am Absolutely sell high after this season.
That was said after last season
pretty much.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:44 pm

People still like D Henry?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:00 pm

DJB wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:44 pm People still like D Henry?
He's unquestionably producing right now, but ya I'm not a big fan myself. I own no shares but if I did I would be selling if I was out of title contention, or selling in the offseason if I was in contention this year. He'll probably still be good another year or two, but I think he's at his peak value and you're better off selling a year early than holding a year too long and not being able to get much for him.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:50 am

Maybe the most controversial player in fantasy football. Dude is top 5 in all formats and some still don't like him.

Say what you want about his abilities as a modern day running back, but he is a freak of nature, a good football player, and has done nothing but produce for the Titans and fantasy owners after he was finally granted the opportunity to do so.

People still *don't* like D Henry?

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:47 pm

This is so weird.. the date on this post says 2019 but it's obviously from 2018 right?

Can the mods look in to this glitch?
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:33 am

I've been very slow to come around on Henry, but come on now. The guy has been really good this year. Is it that surprising that people would like him?

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:35 pm

The guy is trash.

So much so that he helped me win a Championship last year and he's got me in 2nd this year (tied for best record, behind on points scored).
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:10 pm

He's going to get paid. He hasn't even handled a ton of workload through 4 seasons. His best years are still realistically ahead of him.