Derrick Henry Thread - Is he still King Henry post injury?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Derrick Henry

Postby Fezzik » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 am

Just for reference, I offered 1.05 this year in a tiered PPR (0.25 for RB, .5 for wr/te) and was turned down. Team 2 in signature.

I just like him a lot more than Cooks, who I think will be there at 5 based on conversations with leaguemates. I also just need RB and have decent WRs with Hopkins, Alshon, Watkins, Crowder, Parker.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 am

SteelCitizen wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:48 am In a 24 team league, I recently traded away '17 4th, '18 1st, '19 1st (both should be late), Zenner, Jesse James (before the Green release), AJ McCarron, Reshard Higgins --- for --- Demarco Murray, Derrick Henry, & Eric Berry. My team is a contender, but needed a little extra juice at the RB position. I should also mention that this league has 1/3 pt/carry on top of the standard PPR.

I feel pretty good about getting Murray to win now, and Henry for the future.
So you gave up two late 1sts and a bunch of garbage for Murray and Henry? Well done!

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 am

Henry's market value is high, but I think he's definitely worth an early to mid 1st. You're not really investing in Henry. You're investing in a top-5 offensive line that could've made Bishop Sankey look like Ezekiel Elliot.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:24 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 am Henry's market value is high, but I think he's definitely worth an early to mid 1st. You're not really investing in Henry. You're investing in a top-5 offensive line that could've made Bishop Sankey look like Ezekiel Elliot.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not get too carried away here. Maybe they could have made him look like Todd Gurley.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:38 am

I want to purchase and NFL team just so I could give Sankey 20 touches a game for half a season and see what happens.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am

I loved Henry coming out last year, I figured his play style would either really translate well, or it wouldn't it all. But if it does, he could be special. I actually preferred him to Elliot, which looks pretty foolish at this point, but illustrates how high I am on him. That being said, his value has gotten a little out of hand. I actually traded him at my rookie draft this year to a team that told me he was willing to overpay, and "consider it a blank check and tell me what it takes". He ended up paying Gronk, an 18 2nd, and a 19 1st for just Henry. No I don't think that's a common deal, and I took him to the cleaners. But the fact I can get that kind of deal, or some of the others I've seen on these forums, is insane to me. I just can't get behind paying elite prices for players that haven't produced elite numbers, no matter how much I "believe" that they eventually will. As much as I like him, put me in the "he's a sell" camp if u can get top prices for him.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:38 am I want to purchase and NFL team just so I could give Sankey 20 touches a game for half a season and see what happens.
Oh man, I wish you would. He may be one of my biggest whiffs in dynasty, I bought him all over thinking he was going to be the next McCoy. I lost a ton of cumulative value on him. BUT, I still stand by the stance he was never given a fair shake in Tennessee, and when he did play he varied between passable to actually kinda good. I still can't understand why he's not gotten more of a shot from anyone, but I have come to accept it's unlikely he does.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Tevin Coleman & JJ Nelson Or Derrick Henry
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:58 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am ...
He ended up paying Gronk, an 18 2nd, and a 19 1st for just Henry.
I know the Gronk side has more value, but I just couldn't do it. I am no longer a believer. I think the injuries are getting the best of him.
The standard is the standard.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:32 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am I loved Henry coming out last year, I figured his play style would either really translate well, or it wouldn't it all. But if it does, he could be special. I actually preferred him to Elliot, which looks pretty foolish at this point, but illustrates how high I am on him. That being said, his value has gotten a little out of hand. I actually traded him at my rookie draft this year to a team that told me he was willing to overpay, and "consider it a blank check and tell me what it takes". He ended up paying Gronk, an 18 2nd, and a 19 1st for just Henry. No I don't think that's a common deal, and I took him to the cleaners. But the fact I can get that kind of deal, or some of the others I've seen on these forums, is insane to me. I just can't get behind paying elite prices for players that haven't produced elite numbers, no matter how much I "believe" that they eventually will. As much as I like him, put me in the "he's a sell" camp if u can get top prices for him.
I am banging the Henry drum as loud as anyone, but if I get offered Gronk, a 1st, and a 2nd, He is gone. Nice deal! :thumbup:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:52 pm

I like Henry more than any of this years RBs other than Fournette and I would have to think about that.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am I just can't get behind paying elite prices for players that haven't produced elite numbers, no matter how much I "believe" that they eventually will.
This is great advice to live by. Sometimes it's best to wait for a player to turn into that, then pay the ante. What's the point if you have to pay elite prices and still assume some risk. Also these are players I typically sell when they fetch these prices before proving it.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Chris_R wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am I just can't get behind paying elite prices for players that haven't produced elite numbers, no matter how much I "believe" that they eventually will.
This is great advice to live by. Sometimes it's best to wait for a player to turn into that, then pay the ante. What's the point if you have to pay elite prices and still assume some risk. Also these are players I typically sell when they fetch these prices before proving it.
The point is to try and buy at a discount now. Sure many won't sell for a discount but you don't know if you don't try. And you don't want to pay full price later if he hits, its almost always a bad idea to buy a player at the top of their market.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:40 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:08 pm
Chris_R wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm
The point is to try and buy at a discount now. Sure many won't sell for a discount but you don't know if you don't try. And you don't want to pay full price later if he hits, its almost always a bad idea to buy a player at the top of their market.
I agree but in his post he specifically said "elite prices for players that have not produced elite numbers". I will always try for a discount, but elite prices isn't a discount. I'm all for trading for Henry now but if the owner is selling him like a top 5 back already at elite value I'm not buying.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

cweds
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cweds » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Are you buying at his current ADP of 43 in startup drafts? I think that equates to roughly RB13
Team 1 (3rd Season):
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,FLEX
24 Man Active Roster
QB: Wilson, Wentz
RB: Freeman, D. Cook, Jamal Williams, Carson, AP, Lindsay, RJ
WR: Adams, T. Hill, Thielen, M. Bryant, Golladay, Trequan Smith, Pettis, MVS, J'mon Moore, C. Williams
TE: Olsen, Gescicki, Ebron, J. Smith
2019: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2 (2nd season):
12 team 4pt Pass TDs/.5ppr
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,3FLEX
25 Man Active Roster/3 IR spots
QB: Mariota, Roethlisberger, Trubisky
RB: DJ, Guice, Penny, Royce Freeman, Conner, Carson, Kelly, Dixon, Morris
WR: Allen, JJSS, Landry, Robinson, Watkins, Godwin, Callaway, Allison, Doctson, J. Moore, MVS
TE: Kelce, Njoku